Do -you- 100% games?

Cinderwild

When you play a game, how likely are you to want to 100% complete it? Do you feel an obligation to do it?

Are there any games where completing the game 100% added a lot to its value?

Personally I've found Yoshi's Island and the Donkey Kong Country games to be really entertaining when you attempt to get everything done.

Almost never. When the end credits roll, 95% of the time I'm done.

Usually what happens is: End credits -> IMMEDIATELY Continue/New Game+ for 10-20 minutes -> Get Bored -> Promise to come back later -> Never do

I regret nothing. I'd rather experience all the games that I can experience than stay in the same one just to get all the missile expansions or get the Evil ending. By the way, games with 'multiple endings' have no draw on me (unless it's like a Castlevania 'Bad/Good/Best' thing) because, even if some choices end up slightly different, it's usually the same damn gameplay and experiences for most of the time, and that doesn't fit in with my M.O or whatever.

I think it's safe to say I rarely finish games anymore. I don't ever 100% games and it's never bothered me if I don't. In Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood, I came pretty close to 100%. In 2 I didn't do some combat achievements, I think it was kill 10 enemies without dying. In Brotherhood I did all of the single player achievements but not all of the multi. I don't have a single 1000/1000 game on Xbox360.

Recently on a different forum I was asked if my "backlog" bothers me. The answer is, I don't think I really keep a back log. I have games that I am currently playing and then I have unfinished games that I own, that I'm probably never going to play again, not because of quality, just because of fun factor or fatigue. I don't buy a lot of games, I have Gamefly, but I have noticed that since I got Gamefly I do finish a ton more games. /rant

For some reason Rareware games are the only games I have the drive to 100%. I think it's because the goals are laid out in a very straightforward manner (there's no misdirection) and obviously every Rare game is addictive as hell.

Even months after beating most of Nuts and Bolts, I feel the drive to pick up the game again and reach my goal of 100%. I'm pretty bummed I already beat Klungo's challenges cause those were the most fun, but I want those jiggies! It's too bad Rare is dead and won't be making Nuts and Bolts 2 despite how pants-shittingly good it was.

Other than that I did 100% CoD4. The ferris wheel level had me stalled for literally three months, but I eventually got through it on veteran with some sneaky tactics. I found Sky High a little easier than the ferris wheel but it seems people get stuck on that more. newbs :<

I generally try to at least beat them, but I have game ADD and I always end up buying new ones before I'm finished with the ones I already have. I have a HUGE to-do list right now, haha.

There are some games that I will try to 100%, but generally only the ones that I think are truly deserving of the times spent to do so. (Which is a decent amount, but a lot of games I'll only play through about once or twice)

Heavy Rain, now that is a game I had to 100%.

Depends on the game and how you define 100%. DK64 I got every Banana Medal, but didn't bother collecting all the bananas. (IIRC you only needed 75/100 for each.) Mass Effect, where most sidequests are "Land on planet, clear out prefab building of baddies, collect monetary/exp reward, survey minerals and wreckage, repeat" I didn't bother trying to do everything.

Most of the time. With the sole exception of games like DKCR, where 100% requires you to play the game twice in a cheap attempt to add replay value.

And I never finished Baten Kaitos Origins, at all. I was...busy.

it depends wholly on the amount of really really stupid things I'm required to do in order to achieve 100%

this, and

I tend to be pretty completionist and will go for 100% if I can, but I don't have so much time to dedicate to games anymore.

From what I read from you guys my conclusion is :

- OR when you're younger you have more time to 100% your game, and therefore you put effort into finishing compeltely your game (if you can !)

- OR it was more fun to finish games of the "good ol' times", meaning NES, SNES, N64 period

- OR both ! :D

Like most of you, I spent countless hours trying to finish everything in donkey kong games, perfect dark, goldeneye etc. I remember thinking that it was important 100% them

now it seems I don't care, but I don't know if it's because I got older of because "new" games are less challenging.

I came close to 100% Assassin's creed 2 and mass effect 2 but I didn't ...

What do you guys think ?

When you play a game, how likely are you to want to 100% complete it? Do you feel an obligation to do it?

Are there any games where completing the game 100% added a lot to its value?

Personally I've found Yoshi's Island and the Donkey Kong Country games to be really entertaining when you attempt to get everything done.

I don't know why in the fuck I wanna beat Sonic Adventure all of the way. It's more tedious than anything else. Sonic Adventure 2 is better for the focused mind.

What do you guys think ?
Well there's a certain cheapness to a full list of achievement with asinine requirements that get you nothing. I don't think I've ever bothered with those, yet it seems some people consider them part of 100%ing a game. I don't.