What is this song? (Just need identification!)

DoctorDoom

Hey guys, I have a request, and did does not involve remixing this song. But if you could help me out, I would be eternally grateful.

I first heard this song around 2001, on MNN (it's Manhattan public TV), on someone's self-made anime and game show. It has haunted me ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWyf-gzm4N8

EDIT: I now realize this could have been posted in the off-topic thread. Maybe. Not sure where a "request" like this goes.

Never heard of the station previously. Just did a little bit of google searching about anime, the year and the public access part of it. I noticed on the animenewsservice link there is a link to I think a web site that is for what it used to be. Might want to check the really old and bad site to see if it might be there.

Never heard of the station previously. Just did a little bit of google searching about anime, the year and the public access part of it. I noticed on the animenewsservice link there is a link to I think a web site that is for what it used to be. Might want to check the really old and bad site to see if it might be there.

Tried that. No dice. Thanks anyway.

Stop using MediaFire. Just STOP.

Do you have a better option? In the past, I have seen people request that service, as opposed to MegaUpload. (It is among my first uploads to anything)

But no matter, I am an idiot, because I forgot to post the Youtube link that I made a few days ago! (Which is much better than downloading the stupid thing!)

Replacing it in the main post now. Thanks for "reminding" me.

Nice idea Dafydd. And I think we need a thread for requests like this, where you give your example(your memory record)about the source.

Indeed, that would be a cool thread. I looked for something similar before making this one.

TinDeck.com

Good to know. Thank you.

As for the source.. Sounds familiar. Can you make a midi melody or sing it?

It was only instrumental, so there's really nothing to sing. And I do not think you'd want to hear my humming.

And for the most part, it seems that the only people who recognize it are the ones who saw the public access show. (But they don;t recognize enough of it to quote the source)

Your whisting is poor, bad velocity control and some out of tune.

Bad recording and arrangement is too empty. Your mix is too conservative. If I would be a jury, I would said NO.

I have no idea what this means except that my whistling is bad. Which is what I knew going in.

I wish I was more of a music person.

Mak was making a joke off the judging on this site for if your song (whistling) would pass the OCR review board and be included on the site.

A midi that may be more approximate to the source, unless the source was also whistling would probably help people remember it a bit better.

For some reason it reminds me of western-esque things like cowboy bebop and wild arms, but all whistling also reminds me of Protoman.

I just randomly saw this thread and thought, "Why not?". If you want to identify the song, you should really use a midi program like Fruity Loops to attempt to arrange what you know. You only need 2 parts; the main melody and the underlying chord progressions. If you can't offer these 2 things, it's very unlikely that someone will recognize it from a whistling attempt that, as prior stated, was a little shoddy. Also, letting people know what genre they should be thinking about would help as well. Was it a slow legato violin lead? Or was it a searing guitar? Just some thoughts....

• 10 months later...