Workshop Mod, but...

The workshop mod forum is awesome but I can't use it 95% of the time. I just thought it would be coo to make a new option for songs being posted from projects. Something that would make them invisible to everyone except workshop mods. That way we could get feedback on project tracks without other people seeing them. Good idea? Bad idea? :-o

Yeah just IM us. Its a bit pointless to make a forum that only workshop mods can see, and if this was implemented, DJP would have to make it so that you can make threads in the forum but you can't see any others without permission... I don't know if thats even possible, its way too much trouble to make a forum for what - 5 of us, when you can just IM any of us directly. Its not like the 5 of us are hard to contact :P

Yeah just IM us. Its a bit pointless to make a forum that only workshop mods can see, and if this was implemented, DJP would have to make it so that you can make threads in the forum but you can't see any others without permission... I don't know if thats even possible, its way too much trouble to make a forum for what - 5 of us, when you can just IM any of us directly. Its not like the 5 of us are hard to contact :P

QUIET, YOU. I'm coming to EAT YOUR CHILDREN, TOO! MRRRRRRRRRRAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR!

Well yah I can track you guys down and harass you like a biatch, but what about the 20,000 other noobs who just signed up and are also pming you? :-D You think I only care about meeee? hehe

Not to mention the 20,000 already registered and veteran noobs who also might want to stop taking chances and get some feedback from 5 dudes before subbing stuff

Plus having it in a thread helps you keep track of the sometimes many details

Well yah I can track you guys down and harass you like a biatch, but what about the 20,000 other noobs who just signed up and are also pming you? :-D You think I only care about meeee? hehe

Not to mention the 20,000 already registered and veteran noobs who also might want to stop taking chances and get some feedback from 5 dudes before subbing stuff

Plus having it in a thread helps you keep track of the sometimes many details

well, unless they're all making only project mixes, they can post them normally in workshop and flag as mod review. otherwise, PM's will suffice.

Agreed. Generally, projects have some form of quality control to ensure the majority of their mixes get to the best of their potential anyway.

Yeah you guys make good points. The few projects that have subforums would be amazing if people actually commented on WIPs, I've posted a few WIPs here and there but they don't get responses so I shied away from doing that generally. Though you know I posted one on Bionic commando on March 28th and you commented on it so that was cool, but nobody else usually really comments on WIPs in those private subforums. *shrug*

Now that you mention it, it'd be cool if workshop mods had access to the project subforums and could comment on WIPs there. Just sayin'. :-)

Yeah you guys make good points. The few projects that have subforums would be amazing if people actually commented on WIPs, I've posted a few WIPs here and there but they don't get responses so I shied away from doing that generally. Though you know I posted one on Bionic commando on March 28th and you commented on it so that was cool, but nobody else usually really comments on WIPs in those private subforums. *shrug*

Now that you mention it, it'd be cool if workshop mods had access to the project subforums and could comment on WIPs there. Just sayin'. :-)

You see, that isn't the policy though. Workshop mods have no territory over individual project's private forums, nor should they. The realm of a Workshop mod is in the Workshop forums, and for individual cases via PM. It just isn't in the scope, either logically, nor appropriately.

The bottom line is: if your music is private, send it privately to whomever you want to give you feedback, and hopefully they to :nicework: