OCR Meetup Stockholm - May 7th at 13:00

StarZander

Hey everyone,

I was thinking recently how difficult it can be to come across people who really love games and their music. I mostly meet people who perhaps play Halo, but have never heard of Monkey Island for example. I'd like to meet some people who love all games, and especially someone who likes OCRemixes. Haven't found even ONE yet.

So... Where better to look than OCRemix? I'm calling out to all the Swedes here on the forum (I know there are quite a few of you) or maybe even some from other neighboring countries, who knows, to get together and maybe have a beer together or something. Something simple, just to meet and talk and have fun.

So, anyone out there interested?

UPDATE: Okay, we've decided preliminarily that we'll meet sometime during the weekend of May 6-8th. Anyone wanting to come should write in the thread, and we're open for suggestions on what to do when we meet.

Hey everyone,

I was thinking recently how difficult it can be to come across people who really love games and their music. I mostly meet people who perhaps play Halo, but have never heard of Monkey Island for example. I'd like to meet some people who love all games, and especially someone who likes OCRemixes. Haven't found even ONE yet.

So... Where better to look than OCRemix? I'm calling out to all the Swedes here on the forum (I know there are quite a few of you) or maybe even some from other neighboring countries, who knows, to get together and maybe have a beer together or something. Something simple, just to meet and talk and have fun.

So, anyone out there interested?

Would be a little expensive for me to just show up for a beer and then go back home*... And a little silly, since I don't drink. Still, I'm interested. Stockholm is probably the best place for any Nordic meetup (except for Icelanders).

*Maybe I should get a boat instead of a car? When I can afford my own transportation, I mean.

Im up for it, but it must include beer and cake.

cake.

Shouldn't be too difficult finding some delicious morotskaka in Söder.

Now replace the beer with a lovely lady of scandinavian descent and we're in business. ;)

An European meetup? Yeah
European meetup: yes please

Also, I luv how a Stockholm meetup somehow got derailed into an European one. ;D

Even though I'm more of an OCRemix lurker (probably because too lazy to join discussions). I'd be quite interested in a meet up with fellow OCRs.

Tho, currently residing in England, so a day visit to stockholm might be maybe bit silly.

Swedish language is no problem for me. BORK BORK BORK!

Sweden is "Spaghetti-Western Europe" now? Anyway, Mokie, about the "lovely ladies of Scandinavian descent"... go anyplace they serve beer (this is where they hang out, also most of them are a lot more fun when they're drunk), make sure to let them know you're from anywhere in Western Europe (including current or former colonies thereof, such as Australia or the USA), spaghetti or not, and they'll be like moths to a flame.

Anyway, I'm down. I'll even pay for my own ticket, unlike some.