escaflowne (playstation) - endless expanse of field and sky

melody

correct. if the song was not written explicity _for_ the game, then it's not eligible as an oc remix. the bump of chicken song was likely licensed for use in tales of the abyss.

1. Submissions can arrange music from any video, computer, or arcade game.

• The music must have actually been used in the game; a bonus track off a commercial game soundtrack does not qualify.
  • The music must have been composed specifically for the game. Movie themes such as Star Wars or licensed songs from games like Gran Turismo do not qualify.

• Portions of the Tetris soundtrack, containing Russian folk music and classical music, are currently the only exception.

Dunno if it's due to me loving the heck out of Yoko Kanno's work or being familiar with this particular piece, but I find it to be a truly moving arrangement.

Very poetic take on the OP song. The pacing is excellent and you've used the source in a lot of creative ways.

You really did a number on the celtic vibe with those violins, soaring strings and the supporting piano parts.

Percussions are also very appropriate for the genre but my main concern would lie in the break from 2:18 to 2:28.

While you did a great job at merging the militaristic percussive elements and drumrolls into the overall instrumentation for most of the song,

this part puts percus in the foreground, exposing them as a little too crude/bare, and somewhat on the dry side of things.

The pattern is also slightly too simple for a drum-centric break, so you could try to spice it up a little. ;)

Appart from a mild personal bias on the percus, fantastic work as usual.

Now I need to watch Tenku no Escaflowne all over again! :)

This is sounding really good Melody, it's an addictive piece to listen to, like the additional piano bits you added/made stick out(would love to hear that piano riff at 1:27-1:28 more though hehe)

The percussion sounds a bit better, it still sticks out a bit with the flute solo I think, but it does sound a lot better.

Looking forward to learning/recording this piece, the way it's written and the soundscape will really let me rock out =D

Good stuff. I'm a big fan of Yoko Kanno, and especially Escaflowne. You also did one of my favorite themes from it.

Live violin was a solid addtion.

Recommendation: Find yourself a live woodwind and guitar player. Do job postings on college campuses, music ones preferred, and have them submit a demo or tryout. As you know, solo instruments beg to be live, and adds so much more emotion.

Your writing is good, sample programming is decent, but a few more parts need to be live. A few more things, and this piece will be killer.

Good start. :)