Sonic "Generations"? Hmm . . .

RECKENEFIN

QFT.

can we just let sonic die already?

No, because Sega keeps making money off of selling the same original 3 1/2 games on every goddamn platform, and Sonic fanboys will buy any new game that comes out despite their saying "NO FUCKING WAY". To them, Sonic is an addiction. An addiction they can't stop.

Let's start a non-profit organization to help these people!

Obligatory:

4chanSonicBlackfaceBugsBunny.png

soniccycle.png

Both of these, yes.

Sonic: Unleashed was actually good if you discount the werehog levels (seriously, don't tell me
wasn't fun). Sonic Colours was basically Sonic Unleashed without the werehog levels, so it was a good, if a bit short game. I think cautious optimism could be warranted this time around.

1 "okay" game and another "slightly-more-okay" game does not warrant caution optimism.

It warrants more "go the fuck away, Sonic".

sonic unleashed and sonic colours only appear to be good because of the comparison to every other sonic game which is basically like comparing any single thing to a lump of shit

I didn't play any of the 3D Sonic games before Unleashed, but I liked it (at least the Wii/PS2 version). Werehog levels and unnecessary plot aside, the game was ace. I'd give it 7 in 10 (because flaws are still there. But Unleashed is peculiar, in that the good parts, the mediocre parts and the horrible parts are distinct, they never intersect in-game).

I have yet to play Colours, however, but I am psyched for it.

And this "Generations" thing... I'm not holding my breath until we have more info.

Sonic: Unleashed was actually good if you discount the werehog levels (seriously, don't tell me
wasn't fun). Sonic Colours was basically Sonic Unleashed without the werehog levels, so it was a good, if a bit short game. I think cautious optimism could be warranted this time around.

THIS. Sonic Unleashed was a fun, yet underrated game, with the exception of the Werehog bullshit and the corny dialogue. Sonic is for everyone, not just kids, Sega. That's why it's rated E for Everyone.

You're getting away on a technicality there, you jerksock.

And while I don't MIND SA2, it was a schizophrenic mess that needed some serious mechanical polish and a more refined level design. Also no racing levels, goddamn they were terrible.

This, but it was less schizophrenic than say, the first, even though people liked it. At least you didn't get lost in Adventure Fields, the game had more mood, and the treasure hunting had been simplified.

• 1 month later...

i think this has the potential to not be totally shitty (i thought sonic colors was fun and the new stuff in this is using that engine i think?), but i'm curious to see what will happen when they start incorporating levels from the 3d sonic games. they'll have to do a lot of redesigning to make them work in either of these gameplay styles, so maybe they won't suck? but they might just still suck.

Ooooorrr...

Just give him to Nintendo. I'd like to see what they could do with him.

Seeing the kind of stuff Nintendo has put out as of late, I doubt he'd be in any better shape with them. Miyamoto seems to hate making games in 2D, so you wouldn't get a Sonic game in the right dimension format. And, Sakamoto would get into Sonic's masculinity issues, and Tails immaturity.

I think I just talked about recent Final Fantasy characters....