A Song of Ice and Fire

Flare4War

I just watched that first 15 minutes. It looks like they are going to do it right. The costumes and the sets are great. Even got to see the wall. I'm looking forward to seeing some wolves though. I'm a little worried they are going to gimp the wolves. Oh and Ice is fucking cool. That's what a great sword is supposed to look like.

^ Ditto.

The production level is astounding and they covered more ground for 1 episode than I thought they would be able to, 1 hour and 35 minutes long all said and done. Overall they did a remarkable job of adhering to the book.

Before I had seen it I was a little worried about them casting Michelle Fairley as Catelyn Stark. I was pleased to see that while Catelyn could have been more fine-looking, she plays the part very well. Bran and Arya are both exceptionally well played.

On the whole episode 1 is very well done. Close to a 10 in this ones opinion.

Edited by Flare4War

Episode 2 is awesome as well and so far they are still doing a fantastic job of not cutting too much out from the books.

Some of the emotions that you should feel for Daenerys Targaryen in the book are definitely being rushed through but honestly I don't see what else they could do without simply giving her so much screen time that it would detract from the other parts of the story.

So far Peter Dinklage portraying Tyrion Lannister is who I'm enjoying the most.

Yep, it's still lookin' good.

Edited by Flare4War

Bah you jerks, I thought you were talking about some other show, I saw Game of Thrones, I'm actually watching episode 2 right now. Dinklage has the best role, gets to lay in bed with a hot-ass dimple butt

But yeah as someone who's never read the books, the only memorable part of this show so far has been (1) the dimple butt, and (2) the baby wolfs they found and didn't kill

"Thank the gods for Bessie! And her tits!"

Edited by Brandon Strader

• 2 weeks later...
3 episodes in and it they are still doing a great job keeping the story intact.

They have somehow managed, though; to completely write Ghost out of the story and that bothers me.

All the direwolves have pretty much been written out.

Ghost is so important to the story of Jon.

We better get more of Nymeria, or there will be hell to pay.

All the direwolves have pretty much been written out.

Not really. They did a pretty good job with Lady's execution and with Summer protecting Bran and Catelyn from the assassin at Winterfell. Summer's scene was actually pretty awesome.

Ghost is so important to the story of Jon.

He really is. Ghost, for a lot of the story is the mainstay of Jon's confidence when he's feeling forlorn in the Night's Watch. I don't expect Ghost to play the central role he does in the books or anything but for pity sake we haven't even really seen him at all.

Interesting how they change Dany's whole marriage thing from the book, though I think the changes make sense in the context of the show. Still really enthused about the show. :-) :-)

If anything Dany's story has been watered down, not intensified, for the series.

Jon is represented really well by Kit Harrington and for the most part his story is accurate and well scripted. The only thing that is lacking is Ghost and it's possible we will be seeing him in future episodes.

Emilia Clark does a fantastic job playing Dany. The reason I say it is watered down is because in the book she is portrayed so much younger and she is forced into a barbaric marriage. Also, Viserys comes across a lot more cruel in the book.

All of the things that are essentially depressing (the wolves, Viserys) are being altered or getting less screen time. I love the books, but you gotta admit that things being played straight up as they were would probably be a good way to alienate the default TV watcher right quick.

Emilia Clark does a fantastic job playing Dany. The reason I say it is watered down is because in the book she is portrayed so much younger and she is forced into a barbaric marriage. Also, Viserys comes across a lot more cruel in the book.

I expected the by about Dany. She was 13 in the book; that kind of thing would never fly, even on HBO.