A Song of Ice and Fire

Flare4War

So im alittle behind in this whole game of thrones show.

but with everyone and theyre mother are talking about this show so i thought "might aswell"

im up to the 5th episode and i like the "bastard" with the coward sam. one of the few characters i enjoy.

i also like the young girl that dreams of being a knight, she's cool.

so ok the sex and violence is alittle graphic for a tv show, but eh im sure thats what made it popular, im not too fussed about either.

except for the horse getting its head cut off.

i didnt want to see that.

but hey its a decent show.

but im sure just like lost i'll lose interest by the second season.

lets hope not eh?

So im alittle behind in this whole game of thrones show.

but with everyone and theyre mother are talking about this show so i thought "might aswell"

im up to the 5th episode and i like the "bastard" with the coward sam. one of the few characters i enjoy.

i also like the young girl that dreams of being a knight, she's cool.

so ok the sex and violence is alittle graphic for a tv show, but eh im sure thats what made it popular, im not too fussed about either.

except for the horse getting its head cut off.

i didnt want to see that.

but hey its a decent show.

but im sure just like lost i'll lose interest by the second season.

lets hope not eh?

Ah you're watching this for the first time... I haven't watched lost - but I bet you don't lose interest with this :D

Just one word of caution - stay away from anything on the internet related with the books or the show because spoilers are completely unavoidable if you do :P People seem to be VERY inconsiderate in that regard, and you'll probably find out annoying spoilers if you frequent this thread too much as well.

Huge spoiler for those not up to Storm of Swords/3rd season, but this made me laugh for like ten minutes.

https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh

I can't stop watching this now. So funny!

Damn.. last episode was sick

But I somehow got lost somewhere, was there an episode last week or not ?

They skipped a week two sundays ago. Not really sure why...

They skipped a week two sundays ago. Not really sure why...

Last year they saw a slight viewership drop on Memorial Day, so they skipped it this year.

I'd like to know how many people will stop watching because of this past episode. I know Martin likes to keep things realistic as far as unpredictability goes, but … I think some people seek out fiction for something a little more than reality. I'll still be watching, of course. Love this show.

Last year they saw a slight viewership drop on Memorial Day, so they skipped it this year.

I'd like to know how many people will stop watching because of this past episode. I know Martin likes to keep things realistic as far as unpredictability goes, but … I think some people seek out fiction for something a little more than reality. I'll still be watching, of course. Love this show.

There's also another reason

That episode was due to air had they aired it then. While G.R.R.M. was at a CONVENTION. He got ASSAULTED for that scene in the book after it hit shelves. Waiting that extra week allowed him to get into his security arrangements. Because he would have been MOBBED by show only watchers at that convention. Even the US Secret Service might not have been able to handle THOSE security arrangements.

To those who have watched the show only: WATCH SEASON 4! Do not stop here. Episode 9 was a hell of a shock and most of you who had your horses on certain people were crushed. But such things have consequences. And the consequences of this night will shake the foundations of Westros itself. If you cant wait after tonight Its the final 250 or so pages of book 3. Trust me. It will be WORTH the wait.

Oh.. god... thank you.

My brother told me the same thing, so I'll hold out. It just seemed like a bad pattern forming. From the end of book 1 to this event in 3.. it started to seem like GRRM had poor intentions for this series all along.

Without going into specifics (and thus spoilers), I've always felt like immediately after this scene came a turning point for the "good guy" characters in general, and that for the most part things started going their way from this point forward.

For a while, anyway.

Seriously though, you will love the parts of Storm they haven't shown yet (admittedly working off of secondhand info as I haven't actually seen the episodes of this season yet, but I feel confident in my accuracy).

Oh.. god... thank you.

My brother told me the same thing, so I'll hold out. It just seemed like a bad pattern forming. From the end of book 1 to this event in 3.. it started to seem like GRRM had poor intentions for this series all along.

He's stated the ending will be Bittersweet. This one wont be what happened with potter.

I know what's going to happen. It is DEFINTELY worth holding on to. Its one hell of a way to wrap up book 3.

Without going into specifics (and thus spoilers), I've always felt like immediately after this scene came a turning point for the "good guy" characters in general, and that for the most part things started going their way from this point forward.

For a while, anyway.

Seriously though, you will love the parts of Storm they haven't shown yet (admittedly working off of secondhand info as I haven't actually seen the episodes of this season yet, but I feel confident in my accuracy).

Episode 9 as predicted was the wedding. Season 4 is going to have the craziest finale EVER. I mean i saw west wing 'who was hit' and the kidnapping. I'm telling you here and now that season 4's finale will TOP those two.

The books however bring a lot of the other interactions into a perspective the TV show isn't able to get into. And allows a lot more theory crafting. Like certain guesses on certain sons ;)