OCR01311 - Super Mario 64 "Fleeting Ecstasy"

djpretzel

Congrats Chthonic, on finally being an OCRemixer. I've been following this since its early WIP days and the tune stayed as sweet as ever. The sax has gotta be the best part. You did a great job with arranging your own stuff without separating it too far from the original, considering that the source music is already short.

I downloaded this song just a while ago, and I have to say that it is a title that beckons my memories back to classic Mario playing days.

Not sure, but I would say anyone who enjoys Mario game music should try this out.

Oh, and the sax interlude is to die for.

• 2 weeks later...

Way too fun. Great piano and just a really fun vibe throughout. Those fun vocal breaks are nice and don't get me started about the oboe deal at 2:24. That synth that we first get introduced to at :37 starts out innocent enough but it really picks up and you have a lot of fun with it ESPECIALLY with the fun solo starting at 3:12. Really fun to jam to. Quality stuff.

fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This ReMix captured my attention from beginning to end. I believe that this is easily one of my favorite Mario Remixes that I've ever heard! It reminds me of the days when I used to play Super Mario 64 all the time... Not to mention the added nostalgia from the golden days of the NES Mario Bros! The addition of a sax adds a new layer to the already uplifting song, and I just can't get enough of it! Props to you, chthonic, for a great ReMix. :)

All I can say is "wow." This is one of the most interesting remixes I have heard. It is one of the remixes that just makes you stop doing everything and just listen to it. It would be great in the new Dance Dance Revolution with Mario game. I would love to dance to this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yo Ben, This is probably one of the coolest Remixes i've ever heard! I've listened to it at least 13 times already and ive only had it for a day XP

I love the smooth techno feel and the jazzy interlude at 1:07 into the song. It all blends together into one awesome song 8) I highly recommend downloading this one!

Keep up the great work chthonic!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This song is awesome, plain and simple. No matter how many times I hear it, it never gets old, and now matter how crappy my headphones are, you can 'feel' this song. I ecspecally like the saxophone bit near the middle of the song. It's as if the red plumber himself is flying in the clouds before my eyes. For this perfect mix, a 10/10.

This is a classic tune that has been well remixed. its nice to see that you have kept with the feel of actual intstruments instead of creating just a techno remix.

The guitar is extremely well done (is That Live?) the saxephone has been commented lot but is just IS well done. all up this is really really good!':D'

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01311 - Super Mario 64 "Fleeting Ecstasy"