OCR01311 - Super Mario 64 "Fleeting Ecstasy"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...
If I'm not mistaken, the "Yeah!" is Flavor Flav right? My sister watches a LOT of "The Surreal Life" and it sounds just like him.

I have no idea. I think it has something to do with Def Jam. Or something. I don't really know. But the sample actually says "YEEEAHH BOOYEEE!"

If that helps.

Kinda.

-chth

If anyone still cares, the sample came from Public Enemy - Bring the Noise. So yes, it was Flava Flav. Anyways, nice house mix of the Wingcap theme.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty good stuff- I think the original music is a really difficult to do right because of how repetitive it is, but there are some great additions to this. I actually think that the treatment to this melody would be better served on a more interesting source, but it's still a great listen, with some solid transitions, and some well-deserved breakdowns of the source.

If you love that star power theme you won't find anything better than this one.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Oh man that sax worked so well in this one. Not a bad ReMix at all, and the inclusion of the Flav sample as well as switching up the styles as the mix went along definitely justified turning a short source into a four minute song. Nice work.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01311 - Super Mario 64 "Fleeting Ecstasy"
  • 7 months later...

This song is actually from Yoshi's Island and the track is called "Powerful Infant." When making the invincible music for Super Mario 64, Koji Kondo built on the invincible track from previous Mario games. The main theme comes from Super Mario Bros. The baseline was introduced in Super Mario World. And the newer notes (Do. Do. Do. Dooooo. Do.) were introduced in Yoshi's Island. As far as I can tell, the remix doesn't feature any notes exclusive to Super Mario 64, so it should probably be labeled under Yoshi's Island.