Super Mario RPG ~ Star Hill Piano Arrangement

docnano

Overall was a pretty impressive performance, although I did hear some awkwardness in much of the rhythm (and could have sworn I heard a skipped beat in the middle of the song, maybe more than once). FYI, I'm also a pianist, so I tend to catch mistakes other people miss. ;p Despite some of the awkardness it's still easily 10 times better than any of the sequenced piano pieces I've heard on this site.

For a piano arrangement it's extremely short. I'd love to hear this played on Tonehammer emotional piano. Your keyboard doesn't really do justice to your playing style, and this performance is totally suited for Tonehammer's samples (maybe even the soft piano patch).

This would sound great with other instruments (i.e. slow strings, vocals). Good pianists are in short supply; I'm sure lots of people on this site would like to collab with you.

Overall was a pretty impressive performance, although I did hear some awkwardness in much of the rhythm (and could have sworn I heard a skipped beat in the middle of the song, maybe more than once). FYI, I'm also a pianist, so I tend to catch mistakes other people miss. ;p

Thanks, always good to get some stiff criticism from a real pianist. :-P There are definitely some serious hiccups in the tempo -- not sure about skipped beats, but I do know of at least one spot where I hesitated egregiously. I may smooth these things out in the future. Length-wise I do think it's legit (similar in length to some Chopin preludes I've played) but might be worth expanding on at some point.

As for sample quality, I'd be interested in hearing some good examples of the Tonehammer emotional piano put to use. The clips on their website generally sound compressed and yucky to me, but I can tell it would sound pretty good. Having said that, I do find the timbre of my keyboard more pleasant than 99% of the samples I've heard on OCR (which tend to have decays that are way too short and attacks that are too machine-gun consistent) and probably even 90% of the acoustic pianos I've played on.

Anyway, thanks for the thoughtful listen and critique!

If only this was somehow made longer.... Preludes are still nice, but I would hands down love to listen to this extended in one way or another.Anyway, the tone and consistency really gave it a soothing touch, which really drew me into it. Nice job on it!