Spiral Knights

NeoForte

I got recipes for Owlite Shield and Jelly Shield if you're lookin' for a crafter.
Actually, if you could just send me 2 blue shards for a defender, I'll send you back 2 shards of a color of your choosing. I've got tons of green, if you need it.

---

I just did my first walk into the guild hall. Not bad. I'm not crazy about the view from the balcony, but at least I don't have to battle past a ton of people to use the alchemy machine. So, other than meeting people and making stuff, is there any purpose to that hall?

Edited by Thylacine
Added the bit about the guild hall.

Done and done. I don't know why all the enemies are stingy with the blues and reds, or why I'm not randomly selected for them more often.

And the giant guild meetings are, I suppose, the major purpose of such a hall. But from my experience in other MMOs, sometimes they have merchants or some other form of guild perks. I've never been a major guild person (Honestly, this is the first time I've actually joined a guild, and I play Guild Wars, for crying out loud), but I'm surprised there isn't more to it.

Let TF2 go for a while, and remember that the pirate server for PSO is [spookytext]~~~illegal~~~[/spookytext]. This game is cute for what it is, and while there is a major lack of content, if you just play for an hour or so a day for a while you won't really notice it until much later on. Hopefully the guys at Three Rings can get some more artists so they can release more content~

Yeah, if you wanna run SK for free, the daily energy you get will just take out an hour, maybe two per day. You'll slow down even more when you start crafting.

If you stay free to play and not buy energy, this game will not suck up your day.

It's probably not in the same place for you as me, or atleast that's my experience with vista, everyones file structure somehow manages to be different. Here's where I found mine

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\spiral\rsrc\sound\music

Be warned, the files are in .ogg format.

If that doesn't work try searching for spiral (look for a folder with that name not files)

Watch your enemy carefully, all of them have a wind up animation, they also get glowy spikes infront of them when they are about to attack.

It also just takes some timing, Zombies (and the zombie robots that shoot lazers) and some of the big tree machine things all have a really fast wind up if you don't have an innate sense of when they are about to smack you let someone else go toe to toe with them.

BTW guys, normally when I play I set my group settings to allow friends and guildies to join. Feel free to hop in with me, I tend to play with my guy, which is why I'm almost never not in the clockworks, but I want to get to play with you all too. The only time you shouldn't be able to hop in with me is if I logged in and joined my guy midway through soloing.

Thanks for the heads up, Cobalt, I'm the same way except I p. much only solo-- except Portal 2 came out ;) I've finished with SP though so I'm probably going to be playing SK again.

Also, we should maybe start trying to collect each other's recipes to help out maybe? I still don't know what armor I want to go with, and I already have my 4* sword recipe and am going through with the Owlite shield path... Hm.

O.O

Oh my gosh...I never expected this game had OCR's attention already...I was thinking about passing by dropping a note about remixing the main theme...didn't expect a mass of players.

There's plenty of advice and guides around though so I won't really drop sage information but two things to note.

The second half of a tier always pays more than the first half. No matter what tier. Knowing this, get a lot of friends and/or a guild. Then always be on the lookout for someone in the second half of a tier, then just join their party and reap the rewards :D Be sure to add anyone else you don't know in the party just in case they go on runs frequently. It also helps if you just want recipe runs as you could just look for some party that's close to the terminal. I tried to make a thread to help people just add more people.. There's nothing wrong with running a full tier, but if you're short on energy or wanna make the most out of it, that can help.

Also, any of you running a lot of the same stages, if you don't have a reason to use your primal sparks, turn them in to brinks for 3 star trinkets, then sell them next door to Kozma. The reason why you should go for the three star ones instead of the five star ones is because

5 star ones on sell back are worth 10000. But 5 star primal spark trinkets cost 100 tokens (100 crowns per token)

3 star ones on sell back are worth 1200. But three star primal spark trinkets cost 5 tokens (essentially 240 crowns per token).

On my run today, I picked up every type of shard EXCEPT blue, and I need three more of them to make the autogun (as well as an iron gear, but I feel like I'll get another primal spark before I get a blue shard at this point). On the plus side, I've got a lot of materials, many of which I'm unsure of if I'll need in the future.

I know about the lines appearing in front of a monster, but usually seeing those means it's too late to defend (and I'm surrounded by three enemies in tier 2, so I've learned that constant defending results in a broken shield alarmingly fast). I'm getting better with the Kats, and the giant trees are one of the few enemies that don't surprise me.

Those enemies with the car horn noises are fun to fight (Devilites, yes?), but I usually die against them.

Edited by Thylacine
Named the correct weapon and enemy

Argh...devilites are kind of annoying, they tend to hit you easily since some of them hide off screen, and if you try to run up to them, usually they'll get a hit in before you get to slash them to pieces.

As far as blue shards go, I think they drop more from construct type enemies, especially those metal knights.

And when you're surrounded by enemies, you can sometimes shield bump them away. But if you have a calibur sword, you could just charge it and it'll clear space for you.

Argh...devilites are kind of annoying, they tend to hit you easily since some of them hide off screen, and if you try to run up to them, usually they'll get a hit in before you get to slash them to pieces.

As far as blue shards go, I think they drop more from construct type enemies, especially those metal knights.

And when you're surrounded by enemies, you can sometimes shield bump them away. But if you have a calibur sword, you could just charge it and it'll clear space for you.

Charges take forever though D8

So, is there an OCR guild for this? Never played it but hell I'm bored and curious.

Yeah, Garian is running it, from what I understand.