Spiral Knights

NeoForte

Well, if you go to another gate, there shouldn't be a boss in those. It's only when the second symbol above the gate is beast (three yellow claw marks) that it's a Snarbolax gate.

Compared to the future bosses (like the royal jelly) it's a pretty basic boss. Getting to the next tier is supposed to be a big deal, so noobs technically aren't supposed to be defeating Snarbolax that easily.

I think they underestimate how brief (and avoidable, really) the shield section is in the tutorial. Truth is, it's one of the major skills you use in the later levels. I think there's an area that trains you to use your shield in the advanced training hall (in the main plaza of Haven near the entrance to the bazaar - worth your while if you're playing for the first time).

Speaking of which, I'm too lazy to read 17 pages... do we have an in-game guild?

I actually played Spiral Knights a bit during Beta, but if I don't get anything from having a Beta account (knights got deleted in push to retail), I'm going to restart on Steam and go with that.

Until I get bored of it that is.

You get groundbreakers helm and suit on your account as bonus armor, untradable but only beta players can wear it. They said they'll announce Steam and non steam integration soon. So you can get the best of both worlds.

We did ring the bell near it. It's just so bugged that the bell only worked a fraction of the time even though the rabbit thing was right up against it, and the stun effect only lasted 2 seconds, then he got a defense up. *shrug*

Sometimes you do so much damage to it that it doesn't last long, he has like set defense up intervals I believe, but honestly, it does very little. This fight is only hard if you try too hard. (though you should be in at least 2* equipment, that's what its designed for but you can do it with less I suppose). The in game notes said it was meant for masters of Tier 1 so that means 2*+equip.

Wanna know the ultimate winning strategy(this is a lie)?

Stand right in front of the bell and shield, don't ever even move. If you see him get close, hit it (close is usually that area where the spikes are and an imaginary radius in front of the bell where there aren't any spikes). If you fail, just continue shielding until the bell pops up again. If your shield breaks, then run around a bit randomly but always go back to the bell.

Once he's stunned let your teammates go whack on him, if you wanna whack him too, go for it. It's not the most exciting method but guaranteed to work :D

Oh and outside of boss fights, learn not to revive so much now, its hardly ever worth it, your teammates can revive you for "free" (the cost is half their health) but there's benefits to that too.

In other news, I can't play today but I wish I could..I need to take advantage of these low CE PRICES!!

Also you don't have to pay a cent into this game if you don't want to. You can buy the microcurrency with crowns, rather than real world money.

Going by what's been said on the official forum they are probably going to look into making this more clear, because too many people seem to think you HAVE to pay money to play really play this game, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Also as a newbie you really shouldn't expect to be able to beat snarby on your first try, unless you're with a group that knows what they're doing. If bringing down his defenses are "buggy" you should report the buggyness, the steam version apparently has alot of strange bugs in it that aren't showing up in the normal version.

Good Lord, don't go to any shock levels until they fix the bug. The attack levels are through the roof (and that's not even counting the shock damage that you can't prevent - a single attack shatters a shield). The message said it was fire status that was harder, but I respectfully disagree.

If you can't find anything...

Admins warned us that the shock/fire powers were to Tier-3 levels, even on Tiers 1 and 2. They said to "plan accordingly" and that they'd fix it in the next bug update. Something is horribly, horribly wrong if I'm losing my entire health bar right before Snarbolax (with my 4* shield, no less).

Okay I just had a run in with the guys that use fire and flame throwers. It's not nearly as bad, just that guys with guns can't do shit but those that melee will make them easy pickings...

The flames make it look worse than it really is.

Now those that shoot ice beams that can freeze you on the spot, THOSE you have to watch out for as you're screwed if you're surrounded and can't move or fight back fast enough.

• 2 weeks later...

It's now possible to transfer accounts to Steam. I did so, and learned four important things.

1. There's voice chat in the Steam version.

2. This feature is turned on when you start out.

3. I apparently have a microphone on my computer I'm unaware of.

4. I'm a loud typer.

Here I'll just post the release notes for you, they try to preemptively answer alot of questions.

Greetings Knight!

The following changes were made to the game in the release on June 24th:

Steam Account Conversion

* We have added the ability to convert accounts created on the web site to Steam accounts.

* Be aware you do not have to do this, this is only for those who wish to do so.

* This will allow you to log on automatically using the Steam client as well as to take advantage Steam features such as achievements, voice chat, and invites.

* You can only convert one web account over to your Steam account. Make sure you choose the right web account and Steam account as this cannot be undone.

* If you have already created a knight using your Steam account, you must ensure that no more than three knights exist between that account and your web account.

* Everything from your web account will be transferred to your Steam account. Don't worry about something being left behind.

* You will no longer be able to log into the game using your web account, but you may still use it to access the forums and wiki.

* All further energy purchases must be made through the in-game Steam Wallet as you will not be able to log into the web account.

How to Convert to Steam:

* Install Spiral Knights through Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/99900/)

* Start Spiral Knights from Steam. It will automatically bring you to character selection or creation for your Steam account.

* Click on the Back button in the lower left corner, or if you can't see that button, hit ESC and log off.

* Uncheck the Use Steam Account check box.

* Enter your Spiral Knights web account name and password.

* You will be prompted if you are sure that you wish to transfer your web account to the Steam account. If you confirm to convert it will complete and you will immediately be logged into the Steam account instead.

Emberlight

* Brinks has arrived in Emberlight, eager to collect your tokens.

Yeah...the non reversible side of things killed that for me. I mean I might one day use steam actively again but I have a feeling that's not easy to install on every school computer with varying permissions and whatnot. Spiral Knights itself is pushing it.

If I ever play dedicatedly at home, or ready to quit SK, then I might try for the steam bonus since there was no time limit.

Kind of weird Brinks is only in Emberlight though...no love for Moorcraft? I mean I've been tier 3 for awhile (though I mostly live in t2) but I don't see why he should avoid Moorcraft. Kozma is in both and stuff...

Kind of weird Brinks is only in Emberlight though...no love for Moorcraft? I mean I've been tier 3 for awhile (though I mostly live in t2) but I don't see why he should avoid Moorcraft. Kozma is in both and stuff...
Southwest of the front desk in Moorcraft, you'll find Brinks. He's over in an ignored section of the hotel, but he's there.

I forgot he was there, until someone got something after fighting Snarbolax.

This game is extremely playable without any real money, it's possible to be self sufficient even in the first real levels once you reach haven. (although you have to be fairly skilled to be self sufficient that early on).

It's extremely easy to make money in the game as long as you are smart with your available resources, then they will grow rapidly. I know quite a few people who have never invested a dime into the game who do just fine.

Yeah. I'm about to get to Tier 3 (the final area) and I haven't spent a cent on energy. (This is one of those games that deserve money, though, so I may cave and get that starter kit.)

---

The Steam tie-in was almost a deal-killer for me, I admit, but I use Steam for most of my PC games anyway. It seemed like the natural thing to do.

Southwest of the front desk in Moorcraft, you'll find Brinks. He's over in an ignored section of the hotel, but he's there.

I forgot he was there, until someone got something after fighting Snarbolax.

Well...I definitely overlooked that then lol. Though I'd probably still go to haven, most of the time I need him anyway its either AH related or crafting (which I usually do in Haven as well).

Good luck in Tier 3. Everything is tougher there, obviously, but I mean you get hit, you can watch the health bars fly haha...sometimes the game actually is nicer to you when you have lower health. I've lost more bars of health when I was at full health and got hit then when I was below half and got hit. Doesn't always happen.

Or maybe its another one of those things where the bar lies and your beginning health is somehow worth more :?

Ironclaw Munitions Factory is now open, and with it comes the Roarmulus Twins. My group, despite some stragglers (*ahem*) was able to defeat the boss(es). I even remembered to grab the artifact for once, so I don't need to go back through that boss unless I want the items. Which, unfortunately, I kinda do.

This is a really annoying area to have lag in. But the new items look kinda nifty.