Spiral Knights

NeoForte

Yeah we're playing once every 3 days on average. All 3star equip and gathering our 4star recipes and whatnot. We can proly craft 1-2 star equip for some people, or run through tier1 to 7 with more peeps since we like the easymoney and heat. It scales with the amount of tiers you're travelling through it seems, more than per tier: on average we get more money and heat at the end of a run from lv1 to the manor than manor to the first crossroad :<

Yeah, the second half of each tier tends to net you the most stuff. If you can find a way to join a friend's run once they've hit the first crossroad, you'll get the most bang for your energy buck.

Man, that transition to 4-star takes forever, though. I can't even imagine how ridiculously long it'll be to get my first 5-star set. I think I'll hold off on that for a little while.

yeah I still play, I can't play at home much some sometimes I just log on and log off. School's my main place. I do like the new levels a lot, they're really eerie and keep you on your toes.

But have you been watching...the new PVP, lockdown, is getting closer. Some of you actually pay for energy so you might be eligable to play test it this weekend at certain times (not for Steam though, but if you have a separate account just buy energy there and trade it to yourself on steam if you wanna try it).

They have a nondisclosure agreement on it but some people still post videos. So here's a video I found. (may get deleted)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSVhruaBcSk

Woo, Lockdown's out! And it's basically TF2 in Spiral Knights!
Except they remove your costume hats instead of providing them. (Not that I'm complaining about the new game - it's quite awesome and they have a nice variety of courses.)

Also worth noting in this update is the addition of loadouts. Now, instead of changing individual pieces of armor and weaponry for each challenge, you can just make loadouts for every situation. They can be used in both PvP and in your regular gameplay (where applicable, like Emberlight or Clockworks).

Y'know, it's funny how this game works. Over the past two days, I've tried a few different times to pull off a solo Jelly King run, since I've already soloed the Roarmulus Twins without dying and wanted to try it here too. I was able to get down to the JK himself a couple of times with maybe one or two stupid deaths earlier on, but I couldn't deal with the swarms of little jellies he spawned, so I had to retreat to Haven each time. I then tried jumping in a group run, which whittled down to myself and this other person who was either the worst Spiral Knights player in existence, or else his lag really was as bad as he claimed, because he was dying every minute or so. I burned most of my health trying to keep him alive, and then wound up spending way more energy than I wanted reviving on the JK, but to no avail. I kind of snapped at him a bit before leaving...if you have lag that bad, you shouldn't be a dead weight around another player's neck. Just go solo or quit.

And then today I jump in with a party of relative newbies, who aren't carrying anything above two-star gear. One of them leaves, so it's myself and two others, one of whom has never even done a JK run before this. They died quite a bit and revived once or twice on their own, while I managed to stay alive for the most part but was perpetually low on health. Somehow, we make it down to the JK, and besides having to revive a couple more times than we should have, it actually winds up being a fairly easy run, and I get the killing blow myself while the other two are dead. I thought this run was going to be a disaster given the relative experience of the rest of the team, but we pulled it off, and it made all the earlier failures seem almost worthwhile.

JK is the surprise boss :3 sometimes he's super easy, sometimes not XD I've mostly gone at him with people with a calibur/leviathan, so I never have poison unless I get vials, which are an absolute must for me. I don't solo him though, I only did that <successfully> once, might do it again, but I still died so meh.

Roarmulus is actually way easier though.

takes some getting used to but I like working with people there, though it does make things a little harder, its amusing to get to roarmulus and just sit (if I'm not on switch duty) while some panic XD

I can never talk down about that though, my first Roarmulus fight probably took THIRTY minutes. I had no idea what I was doing, a friend died, left, ate dinner, and came back and I still hadn't finished...

Oh yeah, I've done one or two that have taken a ridiculous amount of time. If you're unlucky with how they're moving or miss an opportunity, you can be stuck waiting for five minutes between hits.

Here's something else that I don't think has been mentioned in here: the game's soundtrack is now available for purchase via iTunes, Amazon, and the like. I'm planning on getting it myself, since I really enjoy a lot of the tracks. Now we just need a ReMix!

The games mostly simple enough, go in the clockworks and kill stuff XD

If you spend a few days with it, you may have a few questions I wouldn't mind answering, like perhaps what gear to use and etc. I'm totally biased though. Oh there is one thing, get tier 2 access as soon as possible, even if you make equipment you won't use later on. It's just a good idea.

The games mostly simple enough, go in the clockworks and kill stuff XD

If you spend a few days with it, you may have a few questions I wouldn't mind answering, like perhaps what gear to use and etc. I'm totally biased though. Oh there is one thing, get tier 2 access as soon as possible, even if you make equipment you won't use later on. It's just a good idea.

Made it to emberlight, got partial tier 3, working on crowns for the t4 recipies.

Heh, I picked it up a tad fast yesterday. Had some really, really nice people I was playing with.