Spiral Knights

NeoForte

yeah, if enough time passes, maybe, just maybe prices will drop to like 50k (10k is best for someone like me tbh). 50k is a lot to swallow but I think I could pull it off once, seems like you should carry the stuff you want to upgrade though, otherwise if you manage to get the mats you want, you can go ahead and alc your stuff while you are there.

Let's see.. Punkin King, Shadow Lairs... Anyone fight JK today? The notes seemed to hint that something has changed, which frightens me a bit. It usually means they did something like put spike floors into the room, and I think we've touched on how the battle is fluctuating enough in skill level as it is.

Vile and I fought JK last night. There's a number of changes:

1) He loses his crown after first crazy rage thing (not sure if this is a change)

2) He may or may not spawn spike jellies if 2 man or less, he definitely spawns them 3 man or more.

3) At some point (50% health? 25% health?) he spawns six or eight purple Polyps (Royal Polyps, I'm assuming) around the room. It looked like it happened during either the first or second activation of his spin-around-the-room-invulnerable phase. Two top, two left, two right, didn't check bottom.

4) timing animation is currently off.

5) seems to have less health, less bumping.

My opinion: definitely seems a bit easier, but will be running it again tonight so will know then if it was a fluke or not.

And no, no spike floors :) The battle at least seemed a LOT more fair, with less cornering and ganging up by the cubes. Shield bumping was a lot more effective, and the Polyps provided a nice extra challenge like bump-and-dodge. Dare I say it was more...fun than he used to be?

Edited by Level 99

hmm..I was too busy being stupid trying to Fang of Vog charge him that I barely noticed the new stuff. I need to get that thing to 10 so I can ditch it too. I like my old weapons.

P.S. Something about the patch notes tonight suggest there won't be any more running around before the fight like we used to. So no pre-bomb setups I guess.

The latest update was mostly graphical changes, but they made two changes to the Clockworks (and subtowns, but I didn't get to any of those tonight):

1. An "arsenal" chest is there. This is to remind people to change their loadouts and/or equipment.

2. Boost is there to provide you with energy and shadow keys. I think he's only selling shadow keys for a short time, but I'm not clear if it's in the clockworks or if it's Boost selling them period.

I ended up forgetting to change my gun from Silversix to F. Pepperbox before I went down and saw the arsenal. Does anyone else forget to switch equipment?

Haven't played today yet but I'm generally happy with the changes, reaaally happy with the last login info part too. I like keeping an active network of players on my friends list and still welcome random newcomers. But without being able to tell who went inactive vs people who I just wasn't seeing for one reason or another made it very hard. I really could've used this when I was trying to revive the last guild I was in but well it was probably for the best that I went on to the new one anyway.

The shadow key update is great, though I cannot personally afford many of such runs, its still a great opportunity and I might try for at least one. With four trustworthy friends, you can split the price of the key so it'd be more like 375 CE each, instead of a sum total of 1500 CE. Still, the levels themselves may be hard so...yeah wouldn't wanna drop 1500 CE then end up giving up because I "had" to revive. I wish it wasn't a limited time offer, cuz it just means some people are going to get keys and save em until the period is up and resell for a profit.:?

And yeah, I sometimes forget to switch equipment, but if I'm working with friends I just return to haven and come back if necessary.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone still playing this? I've been taking a small break ever since Halloween, but I pop on every now and then.

They just made an update that allows a character to change their primary color. So, any character who you're tired of seeing in hot pink can now be made... not that.

There are special auctions for rare items now in the AH, if you're hoarding crowns. There's some Rose Regalia outfits and a Leviathan knockoff sword that looks like scissors.

Also, and this one's been in place for a while, they have put arsenal chests at the start of each level, so you can change your equipment to better suit your needs. No more fighting oilers with my pepperbox!

(I'm also updating this post because they're introducing new enemies soon and I expect we'll be seeing a Christmas-themed event in the near future.)

Is anyone still playing this? I've been taking a small break ever since Halloween, but I pop on every now and then.

They just made an update that allows a character to change their primary color. So, any character who you're tired of seeing in hot pink can now be made... not that.

There are special auctions for rare items now in the AH, if you're hoarding crowns. There's some Rose Regalia outfits and a Leviathan knockoff sword that looks like scissors.

Also, and this one's been in place for a while, they have put arsenal chests at the start of each level, so you can change your equipment to better suit your needs. No more fighting oilers with my pepperbox!

(I'm also updating this post because they're introducing new enemies soon and I expect we'll be seeing a Christmas-themed event in the near future.)

Still in, I got hit with school stuff and Oblivion [after some trouble]. I just hadn't seen any noteworthy patches to tell anyone about yet. Looking forward to anything they pull for Christmas. Now two of the items up for sale however, are time limited, I don't entirely agree with that choice even if they are cheaper, it's not by enough imo to justify the price[Love Puppy Costume helm and Trojan].

The arsenal update was useful, however be warned that this change doesn't happen in boss stratums past the first depth.

I'm not sure about the upcoming enemies. They're saying they're a throwback to the old kind of retro monsters, which means they're predictable (as they said). So all the hardcore people are going to be like "zomg you gave us new monsters that are too easy Y OOO!" I'll be fine with it though. I'll probably still get hit by them hahaha.

I still play, I just haven't been able to the past couple of weeks. Getting hit by a truck, and trying to keep up with a department that has no pitty for people with injuries has made it impossible for me to have time to play games. :\ I'm afraid my work load might obliterate me before I can finish the semester.
You were hit by a truck, and you're worried your WORK LOAD will obliterate you? Dude.

OCR guild hasn't been incredibly busy for me. At least, it's not for me. When I'm on, nobody else is. I don't mind, since it prevents me from dealing with recruiters and it's fun to see people say, "Oh, I love OCR!" I like advertising for the site, and it's one of the few situations where that's true.

If I'm capable of adding, I could do so. I think I'm one of the non-mod members still, so I'm not sure if I can actively recruit (or recruit from a distance).

---

It's sounding like a lot of people are taking a hiatus before the holidays. I do runs every few nights to get money for an Aegis recipe (and then for an Aegis itself - I'll be busy for a while). I might play a bit more when things start getting all holly and jolly with the drones. I'm envisioning something like a drone-themed Space Invaders room.

I still play, I just haven't been able to the past couple of weeks. Getting hit by a truck, and trying to keep up with a department that has no pitty for people with injuries has made it impossible for me to have time to play games. :\ I'm afraid my work load might obliterate me before I can finish the semester.

geez man hope you get better :/

• 2 weeks later...

It said the rooms came out, but I didn't encounter any tonight.

Man, they really went overboard with the Santa hats. I get the robots and the pup turrets, but greavers and howlitzers? It looks weird on them.

I really like how Haven looks. The main area theme and appearance were starting to annoy me. I like the change.

>.> I was in a robo arena earlier and kept thinking the mecha knights were friendlies...

No luck here for the scenario rooms, but I only did four stages and I have a feeling those kind of things are only in the clockwork tunnel like levels so I wasn't going to see them anyway [was in the area before vanaduke, mostly emerald axis]

Three notes worth mentioning:

1. Drones have been added, so there are new enemies that will start to appear. No info on the wiki yet, but they're called Shankle and Wisp.

2. An achievement has been added (at least to Steam accounts) called "Son of a Nutcracker." Go into Lockdown, play on Frostbite, and pelt someone with a snowball. Literally took me 5 minutes from queue to achievement. (But it's apparently causing people to quit Lockdown mid-game, so plan to play a full round. Be the example.)

3. There's a new Explorer's pack for sale, and it's really cheap - $2.95. You get a "Stranger's Hat" with the purchase, as well as a Silver Key.

Three notes worth mentioning:

1. Drones have been added, so there are new enemies that will start to appear. No info on the wiki yet, but they're called Shankle and Wisp.

2. An achievement has been added (at least to Steam accounts) called "Son of a Nutcracker." Go into Lockdown, play on Frostbite, and pelt someone with a snowball. Literally took me 5 minutes from queue to achievement. (But it's apparently causing people to quit Lockdown mid-game, so plan to play a full round. Be the example.)

3. There's a new Explorer's pack for sale, and it's really cheap - $2.95. You get a "Stranger's Hat" with the purchase, as well as a Silver Key.

blah...I'm from the nonsteam side. I do have steam but I don't want to integrate them since it's not reversible. I could use steam to make another account but that feels weird lol...I have days to decide anyway.

I hope I get to see some drones, I haven't gotten to play SK due to internet issues.

• 2 weeks later...