Spiral Knights

NeoForte

So I'm working on another sword. I like my avenger, but I wanna try something else, so I'm going brandish/nightblade, and I'll farm the jelly king for tokens to get antigua/silver six. Crafted a UV brandish low vs beast which will get carried up. (As it happens, I have about 4 brandishes for sale, and one with a UV vs fiend low, if anyone's interested.)

Oh, this update is fantastic!

Although the Training Hall doesn't help as much as it would have when I first started playing, I think I'm in love with the new auction hall. I got the rigadoon recipe I needed (even though I can't afford to make it... unless the auctions on ingredients I put up go through, in which case I LOVE THE AUCTION HALL FOREVER).

If nothing else, it's better than that awful cluster-f, /trade. And the Town Center isn't completely pointless now, either.

I think the shift in CE price on crafting is a bit rough, but I'll deal with it...overall I like this update.

Now I don't need to slog through T3 repeatedly looking for certain 5* recipes. But can instead focus my mist energy on T2, to get the crowns to buy recipes, and CE needed to get geared up for Firestorm Citadel.

You can probably take FSC as you are, especially if you have a good team, what stuff do you have? My first "victory" (beating vanaduke) I went through the entire place with no fire resist.

Now I still tend to avoid the place and I do have some fire resist now (Volc Demo Helm only) but it's definitely doable.

oh, then you could definitely use a few extra people to help out. It's good to have at least one person who knows what they're doing. I still don't entirely know how to do that one place where you have to save the six sprites efficiently but I've survived a couple of times...

I get to be the lazy person as long as I have my shivermist :D

The price changes have really hurt me. I came across the 4* recipe versions of my gun, hood, and armor, but they were all 10,000 and I'm just a little bit short of that.

It hurts my soul. :(

---

Oh, and what's up with everyone making these dungeons that are all poison, shock, or freeze? That can't be an accident. I got to the Royal Jelly battle a while ago, but that seemed like a turn of fortune rather than a planned execution. There was also an all-fire dungeon recently that made my otherwise fantastic pepperbox useless.

I know it could be a lot worse, but it seems like people could mix it up a little bit (or that it would get naturally mixed up on its own with autosells). We don't see beast-theme outside of Tier 1 much, do we?

lol, uh the price changes reduced the recipe prices...used to be 15k (though its still a bad deal IMO since they DOUBLED the energy prices effectively killing that savings).

---

People attribute it to accident. Or the sin of "autoselling" And I still autosell lol. I don't care a whole lot. Today I went on a poison run through whatever gate, wasn't too bad, actually came out with a lot of Grim Sparks...too bad it wasn't primals >.>

Was some beast levels in tier 3 like last week...

I'm not too lucky with tokens, but I spend them freely when I'm in need of one or two key ingredients.

---

Oh, so they dropped the 5,000 in price? I thought the 15,000 I used to see was top-end and that they tripled in price. I suppose this makes more sense.

I get why they made the price shift, too - people are going to be able to sell these items easier with the auction house, so jacking up the investment would be a way to keep the rare things rare.

---

I don't mind the poison levels (because I'm good at avoiding that status and it's one of the less harmful ones anyway, compared to shock or fire). I just mind looking up at the indicators above the Arcade and seeing the same symbol 3-4 times in a column. If I had fire levels followed immediately by ice levels, I'd have to plan if I want to keep my pepperbox for the levels where it'd do the most good or equip another secondary to handle the oilers.

I've been working over the years to overcome the desire to horde things like that, it'll still be a while before I have 100 grim tokens though. (Sitting on 78 currently)

Worst case is Final Fantasy and Pokemon lol >.>

I'm not too lucky with tokens, but I spend them freely when I'm in need of one or two key ingredients.

---

Oh, so they dropped the 5,000 in price? I thought the 15,000 I used to see was top-end and that they tripled in price. I suppose this makes more sense.

I get why they made the price shift, too - people are going to be able to sell these items easier with the auction house, so jacking up the investment would be a way to keep the rare things rare.

---

I don't mind the poison levels (because I'm good at avoiding that status and it's one of the less harmful ones anyway, compared to shock or fire). I just mind looking up at the indicators above the Arcade and seeing the same symbol 3-4 times in a column. If I had fire levels followed immediately by ice levels, I'd have to plan if I want to keep my pepperbox for the levels where it'd do the most good or equip another secondary to handle the oilers.

Yeah 3* used to be 5500. 4* used to be 15000. 5* used to be 45000.

If you saw a fire/ice tier, only half of it would be either or. So you could go with one weapon for the ice section, then switch out at the clockworks terminal.

Ironically, I say that but I never do that lol. I just roll through with whatever equipment I have. But my stuff is usually element neutral. And shivermist is almost always useful since I don't see a lot of freeze stages where I go.

If you saw a fire/ice tier, only half of it would be either or. So you could go with one weapon for the ice section, then switch out at the clockworks terminal.

Ironically, I say that but I never do that lol. I just roll through with whatever equipment I have. But my stuff is usually element neutral. And shivermist is almost always useful since I don't see a lot of freeze stages where I go.

I usually just roll with what I have, but that's because I'm too addicted to my pepperbox to give it up. I've always been a distance fighter who keeps steady pressure on the enemy, and that weapon fits my style perfectly. Oilers ruin it.

I have a prismatech alchemer, but I used it once and hated it. I'm not a charger (which means that bombs are usually out of the question). I think I need the needle shot or the antigua.

http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Gate

I really like the current iteration of Onyx Falcon.

T2 has the jelly palace...and the first stratum has 3 out of 4 floors with an arena on them. I don't mind at all waiting at elevators until I get the level I want if I can do 3 arenas in a row :3

Also, now that I stopped being scared of the AH, I have to say I love it for more than just easily finding stuff (at a moderate markup). It's really easy to make alot of crowns just selling extra materials.

Some people mess around in AH too much. I saw Scary Skelly Recipes going for 16000+. That's a THREE star recipe. I heard its a popular costume but come on that's crazy. Luckily after I waited some hours someone else posted one for a buyout of 8k. So I bought that one (I don't even need the recipe, I just want to learn all 3* and below).

I gave up on guns long ago but if I went back, I'd probably go back to the alchemer series (or just do what everyone else does and use my antigua series, I can make a silversix). If you're afraid of triggering a negative status effect, just use Cryotech over Prismatech. There's only one enemy that reacts to freeze and that's a THAWED out ice cube (which just results in refreezing it) so there's no real downside to that. No risk unlike Firotech with oilers or Voltech with Quicksilvers.

Don't get me wrong though, those are all probably great guns too, but I mean if you don't like switching there's no accidental downside to Cryotech.

I've been playing with bombs a little, I managed to get a firey vaporizer mk II recipe off the AH under 5k :3 It's kind of fun to combine with my friends bomb (poison vaporizer). I've been thinking of buying a third slot just so I can have a bomb on hand all the time, or atleast a side sword or gun.

My favorite gun is my giant pewpew Callahan, but you guys already know I use that thing, I practically *need* it if I'm fighing large groups of gremlins or wolvers. I occasionally use a Volt Driver if there's going to be nothing but robots or undead to fight. I'm not really that worried about quick silvers being electrified, often they help more than they hurt when they go all pinball, now oilers. Those things are death walking.

My friend is running a blackhawk as one of his side arms right now, he made it specifically for gremlins (lucky him it even came with +dmg vs gremlins medium), it does ok, normally he'll corner some unlucky mender and pewpewpew it to death. He normally runs the Cryotech though. (he has 4 equipment slots right now, he's been experimenting alot lately).