OCR01312 - Stormlord "Seneca's Marble Pack Edit"

djpretzel

I think I've listened to this song thirty times today. I get something new out of it each time. Simona's voice is so moving, and the lyrics are beautiful, even before I knew what they meant. After reading the translation, the song has become even more haunting. The mixing and effects on the song are top-notch.

This is exactly the kind of music I'm always looking for. Thank you N-Joy and Simona for a masterpiece!

• 1 year later...

I first heard this on VGDJ and I have to say its downright beautiful. The remixers obviously put a lot of work into it and I love the vocals (I've come to believe that not understanding the lyrics to several songs makes them more enjoyable). Sad to think that I would have skipped over this song based on the game's obscurity.

• 5 weeks later...

Italiani su OCR, per piacere, I need help. At the start of the song, non capisco that distorted singing. My Italian is not so good. :o) The song begins with something like "io ho capito finalmente che non tornerai"(?). Please, help. Mille grazie. :)

(No, it's not on the lyrics page.)

I can't say I'm familiar with the game at all, but this is truly a marvelous work here.

Although it starts out in a fairly cliche fashion, once we get well into it, the highly infectious melody just takes over and is sure to be stuck in your head for hours (if you're not just playing the song on repeat anyway :P ).

Production-wise it's very well executed as well, and reminiscent of so many J-Pop songs I've heard recently.

One of, if not the, best pop piece on the site.

• 3 months later...

I feel compelled to review this song because "infectious" as another poster said it is really putting it mildly. I have had this song stuck in my head for the better part of the week and am loving it! I only wish I understood Italian so I could memorize the words faster and sing along. There is an undercurrent of grace, strength and beauty in this song--partly from the language and partly from the arrangement. Simona is easily the most talented vocalist I've heard out of OCR.

Now, if anyone could tell me where I can find more Italian pop like this, I'd really appreciate it. :)!!

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Can't believe this doesn't have more comments - what a fantastic song. Granted, I haven't played the game either which might account for the lack of comments, but this is radio-quality pop right here. Great singing from Simona, very expressive and smooth. Then the blend of guitars, piano, and synths just hits. I could listen to this all day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01312 - Stormlord "Seneca's Marble Pack Edit"
  • 11 months later...

OK, here's a historical note, in case anyone reads this in the distant future, and wants to know why this comment comes out of nowhere:

In December 2018, OC ReMix did a 30-Day Song Challenge on their Twitter account; each day of the month, there was a prompt to share different kinds of songs. "A song with a colour in the title," "a song that reminds you of summer," "a song from the year you were born," "a song that makes you sad," "a song that moves you forward," etc. In this instance, this challenge was to post a remix from OverClocked ReMix for each of these prompts. They said, "Yeah, eh! Any of y'all can post up some of your own picks, dontcha know! Just DO IT!" (I'm paraphrasing.)

Throughout the month, I've been following this. I've seen a few artists post some of their favourite mixes, and a few fans doing the same. I've had the chance to share some of my favourites, and I've discovered some mixes I hadn't come across before. (I mean, I only found this site last year, and there are already over 3800 remixes as of today.)

I think the best thing I've gained from this 30-Day Song Challenge so far, though, is finding this today. See, the source is a game I'm not familiar with, this isn't a genre I usually like, the lyrics are in a language I don't speak (conozco algún idioma semejante, pero no italiano), and the subject matter of the lyrics is something I don't relate to at all. I would never have sought this out on my own. But djpretzel posted this mix in response to the prompt "A song you think everyone should hear."

He chose right; this is a beautiful piece of work. I don't think I'm crazy for saying that the love between the two artists is audible in this song. I found this profoundly touching, and I wasn't expecting to feel that.

So anyway, thanks, djpretzel, for getting me to listen to this. And thank you, grazie, to N-Joy and Simona. I should have said that 13 years ago. But I'll do it today, at least.