Vectorman-Raster Blaster

Atmozpheryc

Ok so I need to test the waters with this song so far. I dont want to give my opinion on what I like and dont. Just tell me what you like and dont.

This is my first really serious attempt at remixing and since Vectorman hasn't got much love around here I figured I'd add to the collection should I be allowed :)

The soundtracks I am remixing in order are the Vectorman Story Intro, Terraport, Tidal Surge and End Game.

Raster Blaster on Tindeck: http://tindeck.com/listen/nrrr

OCR Vectorman Chiptunes Link:

Original Music thatI remixed:

Story Intro & End Game (3:22):

Terraport:

Tidal Surge:

well, I dig it but I have a feeling most listeners will just see it as a typical crazy techno song unless they appreciate the Vectorman soundtrack and they are critiquing this based on nostalgia.

I like the middle the most [because that was my favorite theme from the game], but the transitions are kind of boring.

I hope some more seasoned people can give you some pointers because the only thing that really bothers me is the weak bass (I've got my subwoofers on max, mane, and I ain't gettin any punches at all:<).

well, I dig it but I have a feeling most listeners will just see it as a typical crazy techno song unless they appreciate the Vectorman soundtrack and they are critiquing this based on nostalgia.

Well isn't this the case for any remix? People who are fond of the song will have a better idea of what to expect or demand.

I like the middle the most [because that was my favorite theme from the game], but the transitions are kind of boring.

Yeah the part I dislike the most is the transition from the intro into Terraport. I just ran out of ideas so I am taking a break for a bit and ill hop back on it.

I hope some more seasoned people can give you some pointers because the only thing that really bothers me is the weak bass (I've got my subwoofers on max, mane, and I ain't gettin any punches at all:<).

I will work on the bass getting heavier. Did the mids and highs sound ok though? Nice seperation?

I agree with the bass a little bit weak but the intro of the remix worked perfect for me. High and mid sounds ok to me.

I don't see the time in tin deck. I'll presume it's about 0:40 to 0:50. The first transition here is 'crap'. Not to say major crap but can be updated and worked. But I loved the remix and the choice you made for the synth is pretty nice. I dig it.

Some work could be done on the drum kit though but I LOVED THE PAN trough this.

Never played the game. First time listened and found it far good. Keep it up.

• 1 year later...

ooooh snap, dude i'm sorry man. i have absolutely no idea what the hell i was thinking when i posted that (but that was back when my posting etiquette was much stupider).

yeah, so i was browsing the internet for some vectorman remixes for inspiration and ideas, and i managed to stop by here again.

i think what i meant back then was that the vectorman music was really basic/minimal so i was trying to suggest that you add more variation and stuff, but my old post makes no sense because this is legitimately complex and interesting enough. also, you could try playing around with the panning of the lead synths at 2:08.

so the only real crits i have is that the intro from the first theme to the second theme (around 0:30ish) sounds a bit too quick. it wouldn't hurt to repeat that whole first section another time since that intro groove is just too nasty to only allow 30 seconds.

the low bass end could use a bit more love, but it's not too bad in my opinion.

props-wise i love the drum patterns (especially the beat breakdowns around 1:30-1:50ish and 3:30-3:57) and hooooooly jizz, the synths from 4:11 to the end are soooooooooo juicy and in your face; now i think i probably love that part much more than the mid-section. aaaaaaawwww yeah, the outro synth and claps were slick as well and the detuning melting sounds at the end were so manly.

daaaaayum, this is some crazy high class stuff in here. sorry for posting like an ass last time, but you should definitely come back at this or mix some more tunes because this is really good.

dunno wtf i was thinking back then:tomatoface:

• 1 year later...