*NO* Half-Life 2 'That Long Train Ride'

djpretzel

Hello. I would like to submit this remix please.

Remix submitted: Half-Life 2 (That Long Train Ride) OC Remix

Contact Info:

ReMixer name: DJ Dain

Email address: andy_bowers49@yahoo.ca

User ID: 24585

ReMix Info:

Name of game(s) ReMixed: Half-Life 2

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed:

HL2_song23_SuitSong3 (I cannot find any other official names for the song) Additional information (This is information that I couldn't fill normally using Winamp ID3v2 Tag options, but I placed under "Comment"):

TOT: Half-Life 2

TPA: N/A

TT2: Half-Life 2 That Long Train Ride OC Remix Original/official Song Title: HL2_song23_SuitSong3

Comments about the mix:

I instantly fell in love with the music from Half-Life 2. It contained all my favorite genres of music, as well as types of effects used. When I extracted the music from the game, I came across this song which I did not recall hearing within the game. It was still a great song, so I figured why not add my own element?

Plus, I wanted to see if I could be the first to have a Half-Life 2 Remix on OCR (This is also my first submission to OCR). I tried to make the brass sound a more natural than the original song, and I also added sound samples from the game (specifically the "radio"

form the train station and another series of "clicks"). The percussion is also new to the song as well. The only problem that I can think of with the song is that in some areas there may be some slight static in the background. Ive tried to remove it, but its still slightly audible (it might have only been my speakers though). If you find the static a problem, please give suggestions on how I can remove it. Other than that, I hope this remix can live up to the perfection of the game.

Heh. Trying to pull off a 45-second original into a 6+ minute piece? Best of luck.

Opening reverbed piano work is directly from the source, but there's lot of time to develop. UGH. Hearing tons of little audio deformations all OVER the place, and the upper mid-range & high end are completely absent.

Once more sounds come in, everything gets muddy and cluttered together. Finally some higher frequencies at 1:26, but you can see how top-heavy the EQ is with the lower frequencies.

Aside from these beats you added in, the instrumentation is decidedly similar to the original only with reverb added. The melody from :26 of "Triage at Dawn" comes in at 2:02 and everything sounds like a mess. Man, the ending starting around 5:46 was such an incredible mess, I dunno why you couldn't hear how poorly that came across. EQing should be your friend.

While this isn't a typical MIDI-rip + drums, adding some beats and barely changing the instrumentation along with some reverb and crappy production is never gonna get you here now.

Some change in the beatwork at 3:33, but it's way too late for that. Get way more creative on the actual rearrangement of the piece and read up everything you can on production so you aren't rendering stuff like this ever again. Dunno how you can remove the static, but check out the ReMixing forum PLEASE.

NO