Help a local rock band get their shot

Imagist

So I don't really post or participate here a lot any more. College and non-wired life have seen to that. BUT, I am currently involved in what I think is a pretty cool cause and I have a favor to ask of all you music-loving people.

I live smack-dab in what is essentially a desert valley, which can be kind of lame in some ways, but amongst the flatness there are occasional mountains of gleaming hope. There is a local band called Fictionist, who I believe is one such mountain. They play music that has been described as anything from "space rock" to "folk/pop," but mostly I think they sound a lot like Wilco with less country, more rock and maybe a pinch of homage to Pink Floyd and other really old bands. Most importantly, they play a kickass live show with lots of energy. They know how to get a crowd going, feed off said excitement, and funnel it back where it came from for an overall awesome (and incredibly fun) experience.

So why am I posting about them here? Well, they're currently one of eight bands in the running to (a) become the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, (B) play at Bonnaroo music festival, and maybe © get a record deal? I'm not normally a fan of ploys to get unduly famous for arbitrary reasons, but I think this is pretty damn cool, since it means they have a shot to represent a place that's not typically well known for artistic output. And you can help! Here's how:

THIS IS A LINK, PLEASE CLICK ON IT

Go to that page and you can (1) stream two of their (IMO best) tracks, (2) give them a rating on a 5-star scale, (3) "like" them and share the news on Facebook, and (4) download four free tracks. I'm not one to dictate or force anyone to do anything, but I will note that they're currently in round two of four of the contest (at round four they get a slot in Bonnaroo) and in order to progress to round three (where they will record some more tracks in New York), they need as many 5-star ratings as possible by tomorrow's end. So if you like them, please vote! And if you really like them, spread the word! We, their fans, are glad to have any help.

I would suggest taking out all Mormon and Utah bashing text from here and anywhere you would be posting this. not only does it make you look immature but it's potentially bad PR for a band thats very close to making it somewhere and was not able to get the chance because an unauthorized figure (I'm guessing they didn't ask you post for them) was alienating other potential fans with his comments.

I'm very sure no one here minds it, but its just bad PR in general. If you want to be the mouthpiece and help this band out, keep it simple and brief, post some videos if they have some (you gotta hear the band to support them afterall), and let their music do the talking. Keep on the positive, not the Mormon bashing. :)

I didn't intend to come across like I was overly bashing anything. It's just, this place isn't the most exciting to live/study in and I am just really happy to have something cool to share with you guys.

As for more music and videos (other than what you will find by clicking the above link), you can check out:

their fancy pants homepage

their jam-packed Facebook page (complete with more free downloads!)

If I can figure out a way to share Facebook videos without changing their privacy settings, I'll link you guys to what I took at their live show (which is where the magic really happens), but otherwise it'll have to wait until I have a chance to YouTube them or something.