Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

nintendo fans 2005: "GRAPHICS DON'T MATTER IT"S ALL GAMEPLAY BABY"

nintendo fans 2011: "OMFG THE GRAPHICS I CAME"

Truth could not be spoken, er, typed, any better.

Honestly, I don't really care if Nintendo announces a new system. They royally screwed up with the Wii. And not because of lack of a hard drive (well, that's a negative), or HD. But because they proclaimed they were determined to "bridge the gap" between the disinterested, and the average gamer, and then failed to live up to that. The Wii felt fresh, exciting even. I really can't recall ever getting that great of enjoyment from the Gamecube, or from any other console at the time. And it was the same with the DS after it was out for a year or two. For some, it was like the NES all over again. They had a great grasp on the Blue Ocean Strategy, and then, not a few years later, dump it to go and do whatever they feel like.

I know I'm going to piss plenty of people off, I'm sorry, but Mario Galaxy 2 was the biggest rip off. That game seriously could have been an expansion pack for the first game. Sure, the hub world was more streamlined, and it was more challenging, but that was it. Maybe it's because after playing NSMB Wii, I now prefer 2D Mario over the 3D games. Don't even get me started on the trash that Other M was.

I genuinely enjoyed games like Wii Sports and Wii Play, in addition to games like Metroid Prime Trilogy, NSMB Wii. Heat seeker and Trauma Center. But once again, they're going back to the old adage, "We're Nintendo! People will ALWAYS play our games!" Ever since Other M, I've had a genuine distaste with Nintendo, and even further with trying out the 3DS.

The Wii was the first system I ever bought, period. Had it reserved on launch day, yadda yadda. I think I'll wait it out for their next console, because it'll take more than just another Zelda: Another imitation of Ocarina in HD, or a Mario: Collect all the Stars AGAIN in HD to get my interest. Lord knows half the 3rd Party companies quit trying to put out decent games after a few years a Nintendo system is out.

Edited by Toadofsky

this new console will suck because im so cynical and apathetic look at me.

We dont know anything about it. Hell we don't even know for sure that it exists.

I know I'm going to piss plenty of people off, I'm sorry, but Mario Galaxy 2 was the biggest rip off.
I genuinely enjoyed games like Wii Sports and Wii Play,

weird

Diracy;770883']Don't worry guys' date=' it's still 5 year old outdated technology.[/quote']

At least the Wii was two GameCubes duct taped together. This is even worse.

EDIT: The Kotaku link right beside that statement says that it will be more powerful, not comparable.

GAMEPLAY

More like foreplay?

Edited by Volt
Felt like it

Proto: High disk speed, low data size (1.5GB vs 4.7GB / 8.5 DL). Speed doesn't really help graphics become better.

Also Xbox had an internal HDD (non optional like 360) which allowed for caching data for quicker data access.

Topic:

I'd still say they were pretty on par with each other, but Xbox did have a slight advantage. It just didn't show in many games because there weren't a lot of Japanese ones, and Japanese games tend to be more artsy / aesthetically appealing. But lazy multi console ports were always better on the Xbox. But for how much it probably cost for MS to produce the Xbox vs the GCN, the GCN was surprisingly powerful. and compact.. try lugging the Xbox around. GCN had a handle lol. GCN was the most bleeding edge thing Nintendo ever did. And probably the last time, as now they enjoy making money off of completely obsolete parts (See: DS (kinda), Wii, 3DS, and upcoming Wii HD)

Edited by Crowbar Man

I wonder if this new console will affect the suicide rate of the employees who manufacture it...

On subject, I've just never been particularly impressed by the Wii's games. I dunno, what are say, the top 10 best selling games on the Wii anyway? I bet I have mild interest at best on any of them. Actually, let's see if that's true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Wii

Yeah, I'm pretty apathetic about all the games on there. If there was a scale of 1 - 5 that looked like the following, I'd probably be sitting right around a 3 for most of them.

1 - you will NEVER play this game

2 - you probably won't play this game

3 - you don't care if you ever play it or not

4 - you have some interest to play this game

5 - you will DEFINITELY play this game at some point

So I don't put a particularly great deal of faith in Nintendo's ability to wow me with their consoles lately. But that's just me. Apparently they're appealing to a lot of other people so whatever, good for them, I'll just stick to Steam for now for my games.

ITT: opinions.

I was going to fix this to say speculation, but that'd be wrong

Yeah, I'm pretty apathetic about all the games on there. If there was a scale of 1 - 5 that looked like the following, I'd probably be sitting right around a 3 for most of them.

welcome to every console ever

I wonder if this new console will affect the suicide rate of the employees who manufacture it...

On subject, I've just never been particularly impressed by the Wii's games. I dunno, what are say, the top 10 best selling games on the Wii anyway? I bet I have mild interest at best on any of them. Actually, let's see if that's true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Wii

1 - you will NEVER play this game

2 - you probably won't play this game

3 - you don't care if you ever play it or not

4 - you have some interest to play this game

5 - you will DEFINITELY play this game at some point

So I don't put a particularly great deal of faith in Nintendo's ability to wow me with their consoles lately. But that's just me. Apparently they're appealing to a lot of other people so whatever, good for them, I'll just stick to Steam for now for my games.

Bestselling =/= the good ones. There are good ones that aren't on this list.

Think what you like, I'll be over here enjoying Metroid Other M, Mario Galaxy 2, Steel Diver, Pilotwings Resort, DKCR, NSMBWii, Zelda TP, Punch-Out, Pokemon B/W, Super Paper Mario, Excite Truck, Wario Land Shake It, Professor Layton, Mario Galaxy, Wii Music, Smash Bros. Brawl,Mario VS Donkey Kong 3, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda Spirit Tracks, tetris DS, Mario and Luigi, Wario Ware DIY, Picross 3D, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Wii Sports Resort and NSMB DS.

Games that came out a while ago for a system are still playable on that system, you know.