Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. People are never happy. Nintendo finally gives everybody what they've been asking for, and half of them are like "What?" or "Meh."

Nintendo have done a great job. Minus the HD, a true online network, and a lackluster although improved 3rd party support, they've done quite well.

No, the Wii won't bake you cookies, it won't give you a blow job, but it will let you play a lot of games, and Nintendo went all out trying to please their demanding fanbase with FOUR major Mario titles and a slew of "Here you go master" fan-service games, and everyone continues to whine. A new DKC which anyone who has honestly played it all the way through and knocked it is lying. There are a ton of games on the system that I still don't own and don't even have the time to get into.

They release a bunch of games at a time, many of them system exclusives, and people are like "Where are the games?" Hint. Go to the game store. Go to amazon.com. I've been wanting to play Monster Hunter for ages. There's still a new Kirby and Zelda on the horizon, and what about those 2 rpgs they're about to poo out.

Anyway, it's okay to criticize them. That's what we gamers do. I'm just saying maybe you should try being excited once in a while. Nintendo's online sucks, we've wanted HD, and this will be great for 3rd party support. I cannot wait to get in line for this sucker. Get the online right and now we're talking.

Bestselling =/= the good ones. There are good ones that aren't on this list.

Well, those are the games that the Wii is known by and large for. I'm sure there are decent games on it, but to me it just looks like they're catering to a different crowd.

Again, they're selling tons and tons of stuff, so I'm not sure it could be said that they "dropped the ball" or anything, I just don't think they're shooting to please people like me lately.

N64 - omg these games suck there are barely any good games on the console and the graphics are shit i wish nintendo would go back to the wholesomeness of 2d at least the games were well thought out and beautiful

GCN - omg these games suck there are barely any good games on the console i wish nintendo would go back to the awesome wholesomeness of the n64 where at least you had games like oot and banjo-kazooie which were legitimately well thought out experiences.

Wii - omg these games suck there are barely any good games on the console and the controller is shitty i wish nintendo would go back to the wholesomeness of metroid prime and resident evil where you didn't have to wave your arms around like a moron and there were well thought out hidden items and puzzles and shit.

Wii2 is announced - omg these games suck there are barely any good games on the console i wish nintendo would go back to making good games like the super mario galaxies and donkey kong returns those games were great well thought out experiences.

^^^can also be applied to sony and/or microsoft consoles. hell maybe apple too.

Is anyone else totally unexcited by the prospect of a new home console? I'm pretty skeptical about this new Nintendo console, but if Sony or Microsoft announced something at E3, I wouldn't care at all either.

Maybe I'm getting old.

It's only natural to loose interest with time.

Is anyone else totally unexcited by the prospect of a new home console? I'm pretty skeptical about this new Nintendo console, but if Sony or Microsoft announced something at E3, I wouldn't care at all either.

Maybe I'm getting old.

I don't know if I'm unexcited, per se, but I do think it's way too soon for another console. People aren't made of money, for goodness' sake.

Nintendo has dropped the ball so many times. Nintendo should stop releasing new pokemon games. Nintendo should listen to anonymous internet users. Nintendo should do this, Nintendo should do that.

Meanwhile in Japan:

n54rb8.gif

This right here. I dont understand people. I see so much nintendo bashing, when the proof is right in front of their eyes. Pretty much anything they make prints money, but people dont seem to see that. And in case you have forgotten, they are a BUSINESS. They are a BUSINESS in the BUSINESS of MAKING MONEY.

This right here. I dont understand people. I see so much nintendo bashing, when the proof is right in front of their eyes. Pretty much anything they make prints money, but people dont seem to see that. And in case you have forgotten, they are a BUSINESS. They are a BUSINESS in the BUSINESS of MAKING MONEY.

You know who else has this vision? Activision. Guitar Hero use to "print money". You can only release half ass products to the public, revisions of this product in a short period of time, and not support the products before the consumer turns on you. That's basically what Nintendo does with the DS/Wii. So unless they pull something out of their ass with this new console, why should we support them at all? Kinda funny how touchy Nintendo fans get if you say something about Nintendo in a non glorious light.

Nintendo has dropped the ball so many times. Nintendo should stop releasing new pokemon games. Nintendo should listen to anonymous internet users. Nintendo should do this, Nintendo should do that.

Meanwhile in Japan:

n54rb8.gif

Actually tensei

sales of the 3ds have dropped off considerably prompting speculation of a price cut before the end of the year

Meanwhile in Japan:

n54rb8.gif

Oh I forgot, if something is making tons of cash that means it's always top quality. That must be why Rebecca Black is strikin' it rich =P

When something starts "printing money", that's usually the point where they stop listening to anything but money.

How does one objectively measure success, then? By number of games enjoyed? That's about as subjective as it gets. We all know that just because something makes money doesn't mean it's good, but with entertainment that's really the only way to measure it. Unless you have some sort of funometer that measures the kilojoys.

The only way for Nintendo to REALLY drop the ball is to stop making money. Maybe when that happens you can lord it over the Nintendrones and say it's because the games sucked. But when Mario Galaxy 2 and DKCR are huge critical and commercial successes? Yeeeaaaaah, no.

bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

Oh I forgot, if something is making tons of cash that means it's always top quality. That must be why Rebecca Black is strikin' it rich =P

When something starts "printing money", that's usually the point where they stop listening to anything but money.

Oh you poor dear, you thought I was actually vouching for the quality of Nintendo games? How silly of you.

I was making fun of all the people who act like Nintendo is completely failing as a business, and should listen to their 'amazing' plans.

'Hardcore' gamers are a fringe demographic, and Nintendo has had a lot more success selling stuff like Wii Sports to families/old people/'casual' gamers than trying to pander to the so-called hardcore gamers (as you can tell from the list of most-sold titles for Wii posted earlier).

Why should they change? Because some nerds on the internet said so? Nintendo is a big company, and is out for profit above all else. Your implication that it has ever been any different, or isn't the case for Sony/Microsoft is laughable.