Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

F-Zero GX was awesome when I got to Japan and could play the Arcade version.

Best thing ever.

F-Zero AX was the shit. The arcade I went to had the rolling cockpit with the GameCube memory card slot in it, along with the license card printer. I legitimately played through every aspect of that arcade machine. Badass experience ever for an arcade machine.

You know what drives me crazy? When people call it the "Wii 2". Seriously, do you think that Nintendo, as batshit crazy and flawed they are, would lack the originality to give a new name to their console and instead just stick a 2 on the end? Anyway.

Definitely want an HD F Zero with good online scheme. I will probably play some F-Zero today.

You know what drives me crazy? When people call it the "Wii 2". Seriously, do you think that Nintendo, as batshit crazy and flawed they are, would lack the originality to give a new name to their console and instead just stick a 2 on the end?

Yeah, they'll go that extra mile and call it the Super Wii and gave all their games the prefix of "Super."

Wii 2 does sound a bit flat. Thats more of Sony's thing. Like Coop said, and given their history, they will add some sort of sily and/or simple modifer like they have with Gameboy (GB, GBC, GBA), and DS (DS, DSi, 3DS) and to a lesser extent "Nintendo"/"Super Nintendo"/"Nintendo 64"* (as most people called NES/SNES/N64).

We'll see this E3 i guess.

*aka "Nintendo Ultra 64"/"Ultra Nintendo" at one point during development.

Edited by Crowbar Man

The Damned is correct, I didn't list any of the sub iterations only successors.

3DS is definately in the "DS" family, denying that is silly. Its got the same 2 screen logo, same "DS" in the name (3 is colored differently), same design, etc etc. Its a successor, but its in the same family / naming scheme.

I do not beleive Nintendo gives an official meaning for "DS", its more of a brand then an acronym. Most people assume "Dual Screen" but I've also heard "Developer System" and a few others. Officially its ambiguous, probably so they can change its meaning as fits the system. Either way, 3DS does HAVE dual screens, and its 3D, so 3D + DS = 3DS. I thought that was obvious

Edited by Crowbar Man

http://wii.ign.com/articles/116/1163764p1.html playable at E3 june :o n64/Gamecube days commin back? i hope so!

And the severe game drought that went along with them after they've been out for a while? :razz:.

But seriously, I wouldn't get too over hyped, you'll set yourself up for disappointment. (The following is pure speculation, but, history doth repeat itself) The graphics will probably be considered "current gen" by developers/journalists, you'll hear incessant whining by fanboys and journalists that it's not even better than sliced bread, and all that. It'll be profitable day one just like Nintendo always aims to do with their consoles. I'm glad to hear that it WILL be backwards compatible.

Too bad I've traded in nearly ALL my Wii games minus NSMB Wii and Wii Sports (Metroid Prime Trilogy, how I miss thee)...

And the severe game drought that went along with them after they've been out for a while? :razz:.

But seriously, I wouldn't get too over hyped, you'll set yourself up for disappointment. (The following is pure speculation, but, history doth repeat itself) The graphics will probably be considered "current gen" by developers/journalists, you'll hear incessant whining by fanboys and journalists that it's not even better than sliced bread, and all that. It'll be profitable day one just like Nintendo always aims to do with their consoles. I'm glad to hear that it WILL be backwards compatible.

Too bad I've traded in nearly ALL my Wii games minus NSMB Wii and Wii Sports (Metroid Prime Trilogy, how I miss thee)...

you must live a very positive life

if system specs are up to date with todays pc's then no, since ps3 and xbox 360 are already (since 06) way behind in computing, wii2 may have some tricks up its sleeve.

ibm triple core processor, (modded xbox 360 core I be tinkin nintendo means big buissness), and gpu bases on amd r700 tech, so games could be looking like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayq16iDAV64&feature=related

im selling my couch, for this if its great!

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Wii-2-Project-Cafe-the-Stream-Controller-Buttons-Controller-Display,news-10938.html

http://www.destructoid.com/here-s-the-latest-leaked-project-cafe-image-199406.phtml - leak pic

Edited by SonicThHedgog

ibm triple core processor, (modded xbox 360 core I be tinkin nintendo means big buissness), and gpu bases on amd r700 tech, so games could be looking like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayq16iDAV64&feature=related

im selling my couch, for this if its great!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes "Too expensive to care" at this info. And considering the console isn't even announced yet, those specs could be way wrong. :P

its also said like the dreamcast

eight buttons (including two analog sticks) and a camera, with a 6.2 lcd screen

but all we can confirm is, it blows ps3 out the park

Sticks are not buttons. :P And the Dreamcast did not have a screen. There were VMU's that you could plug into the controller, but the most you could do with that was take a chao with you and find cool fruits (stuff like that). Nothing game play related like the rumors of this 2012 console.

And of course it blows PS3 out of the park. In this day and age, it's almost ridiculous NOT to. The PS3 is way behind on tech (as is the Xbox) because it's 5 years old.

Sticks are not buttons. :P And the Dreamcast did not have a screen. There were VMU's that you could plug into the controller, but the most you could do with that was take a chao with you and find cool fruits (stuff like that). Nothing game play related like the rumors of this 2012 console.

And of course it blows PS3 out of the park. In this day and age, it's almost ridiculous NOT to. The PS3 is way behind on tech (as is the Xbox) because it's 5 years old.

thats why its in brace :P but analog sticks can feature buttons, but a screen in the controller is kinda of the same concept, but i heard its only at a premium, so im guessing you gottta buy it with it, but i also hear the screen is still in dev so it maybe way smaller

thats why its in brace :P but analog sticks can feature buttons, but a screen in the controller is kinda of the same concept, but i heard its only at a premium, so im guessing you gottta buy it with it, but i also hear the screen is still in dev so it maybe way smaller

It's not the same concept at all. You never look at your controller when playing Dreamcast. Here, (apparently) it's an integral part of gameplay (at least multiplayer).

5 years old is absolutely ancient technology =P

There were VMU's that you could plug into the controller, but the most you could do with that was take a chao with you and find cool fruits (stuff like that). Nothing game play related like the rumors of this 2012 console.

Actually, for calling your plays in footbal, the VMU was ideal -- it showed you a short list of plays that your opponent could not see. So it was used for gameplay applications, just fyi.