Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

So many things wrong with the sentence..

By "they" I hope you mean developers in general, because games you listed aren't Nintendo's. Since this console will be aimed at making multiplatform easier, I can't imagine devs not making games that work on all 3

Nobody wants a new DK64 or Bomberman Hero.

Quake? Theres not even a new Quake for PC and probably wont be for a while, id is making Rage. Rage is set for consoles, so i dont see a reason not to port it over to the new Wii since rumors point it will be at least as powerful as the 360

wii 2 or game cube

Guess you mean Wii "1" and no space in GameCube.

Edited by Crowbar Man

So many things wrong with the sentence..

By "they" I hope you mean developers in general, because games you listed aren't Nintendo's. Since this console will be aimed at making multiplatform easier, I can't imagine devs not making games that work on all 3

Nobody wants a new DK64 or Bomberman Hero.

Quake? Theres not even a new Quake for PC and probably wont be for a while, id is making Rage. Rage is set for consoles, so i dont see a reason not to port it over to the new Wii since rumors point it will be at least as powerful as the 360

Guess you mean Wii "1" and no space in GameCube.

I mean devs yes, but some people still like DK64 and Bomberman, yes maybe a port of quake, not a new one.

Bomberman

Bomberman, sure. Hero? Not so much

yes maybe a port of quake

I dont think id has any plans to port their old game to a new console, unless they'd make a remake, which again, would be for the PC first or mutltiplatform.

However, Quake's engine is open sourced, if someone hacks the next console and gets homebrew going, you'll definitely have Quake on it, as Quake/Doom are ported to EVERYTHING. Including the Wii/GCN.

I think Nintendo will beef up their security this time though, so not sure when/if that will happen. We shall see.

Nintendo has lost my good graces since the introduction of the Gamecube. They have really shifted their focus (obviously for the better) from almost everything I look for in a game. The only games I own on the Wii are Excite Truck and Smash Bros Brawl. I look at my game collection from this generation and the clear winner for me is Xbox 360.

Here's to hoping Nintendo brings back the big developers and franchises. *cough*HDStarfoxSequel*cough*

Bomberman, sure. Hero? Not so much

I dont think id has any plans to port their old game to a new console, unless they'd make a remake, which again, would be for the PC first or mutltiplatform.

However, Quake's engine is open sourced, if someone hacks the next console and gets homebrew going, you'll definitely have Quake on it, as Quake/Doom are ported to EVERYTHING. Including the Wii/GCN.

I think Nintendo will beef up their security this time though, so not sure when/if that will happen. We shall see.

Come on, Hero was good, not as great as bomberman 64 but still good.

@cerrax Yes, HD Starfox looks probable, nintendo prob could not make a starfox wii because of the controller that is such a failiure for any serious kinda game thats not watered down.

It's funny how there's so much blatant Wii hate on here but it's a thread on a new Nintendo console. There is more bitching and whining in here than on a reality show about teenage girls. Don't like the Wii? Think Nintendo sucks and prints money? Then stop buying their products. I do not for one moment regret buying my Wii or 360 or any other console (minus the virtual boy). Some of you people honestly expect too damn much from the people who make your games.

I hope Cranky Kong comes into real life and bops you haters over your heads.

Perhaps you are just easy to please? I do not think its too much to ask for a company that makes video games and products to make good video games and products. Its disappointing to see potential go to waste over profits, or to play a game thats terrible compared to the previous, etc.

I own all 3 current gen consoles and aren't happy with any of them or their representative companies in one way or another. *shrugs*

It's funny how there's so much blatant Wii hate on here but it's a thread on a new Nintendo console. There is more bitching and whining in here than on a reality show about teenage girls. Don't like the Wii? Think Nintendo sucks and prints money? Then stop buying their products. I do not for one moment regret buying my Wii or 360 or any other console (minus the virtual boy). Some of you people honestly expect too damn much from the people who make your games.

I hope Cranky Kong comes into real life and bops you haters over your heads.

I think most of the disappointment with Nintendo is because some of their franchises have suffered because of their decisions with their game hardware. Like my example of an HD Starfox. None of Nintendo's consoles have the capability to run a big budget, high definition entry of Starfox and since it is a Nintendo franchise, it can only appear on Nintendo hardware. This is what angers me. I love Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, etc. but other than Mario Galaxy, Nintendo has made practically no effort to improve or even produce any of these games!

I'm excited about the possibility of an HD Nintendo console. It would be a great opportunity to make a really cool looking F-Zero game, a series that hasn't had a new game since 2004. I'd be interested in knowing if the new console will be backwards compatible with the Wii... So long as you can use the Wii controller with it, I don't think it should be a problem. I just wonder what type of control scheme they'll use this time... While I don't totally hate the Wii's motion controls, I would prefer a more traditional controller. At the very least, that would bring in more third-party support.

I love Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Starfox, F-Zero, Donkey Kong, etc. but other than Mario Galaxy, Nintendo has made practically no effort to improve or even produce any of these games!

when nintendo actually does this everyone bitches that they need fresh new material

I really hope Nintendo makes the first, true HD console.

Almost no games on PS3 or Xbox 360 are in native 1080p, they're just up-scaled and that's not the same -_-'

The few games in 1080p are small or not complex, because the consoles simply lack the power to run complex games in such a high resolution.

It's cheap to write 1080p on the boxes when the true meaning of it is that the game can be shown in 1080p mode(not to be confused with real 1080p).

Links for the non-believers:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/18/actual-resolutions-of-ps3-games-revealed/

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=4806

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/718657?start=0&tstart=0

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=43330&page=19

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-gran-turismo-5-tech-analysis?page=2

I really hope Nintendo makes a new F-ZERO in 1080p with lots of customization, tracks and great music.

The best game so far, as I see it, is F-ZERO GP Legend.

It really was LEGEN... Wait for it....... DARY: LEGENDARY!.

when nintendo actually does this everyone bitches that they need fresh new material

I would love to see some new IPs, myself.

But then again, getting Nintendo to make new IPs is like getting a bunch of three-legged marmots to win the Iditarod.

There's that batshit crazy one-in-a-million chance they actually manage to do it, but most of the other time they just flounder hilariously in the snow.

I would love to see some new IPs, myself.

But then again, getting Nintendo to make new IPs is like getting a bunch of three-legged marmots to win the Iditarod.

There's that batshit crazy one-in-a-million chance they actually manage to do it, but most of the other time they just flounder hilariously in the snow.

Endless Ocean, Fling Smash, Zenin no Reginliev, Nintendogs, that submarine game for the 3DS...

I dunno. I think Nintendo gets more flak than they deserve because their franchises are just that much more popular.

All I know is that whatever hardware Nintendo plans on releasing, they're bound to squander it post-launch aside from an HD Mario or Zelda game. While all three publishers are obviously out to make the big bucks, Nintendo is the one that seems to enjoy playing it the safest, and after Metroid Other M(which while very different, was also very flawed) didn't put in nearly the numbers they wanted, it's probably unlikely that the Big N will put their big money stamp on something that doesn't have Mario or Zelda in the title.... Or Wii Sports or Wii Fit.

Add to that their horrendous track record for online connectivity that is beyond oppressively designed, and you have a system that nobody outside Nintendo fan boys that are probably going to be eating this thing up.

If Nintendo wants to break out of the casual soccer mom audience and be really relevant in the gaming space(and why should they bother doing that if it makes them tons of cash as is), they're going to have to work on making some big organizational changes to get my dollar again.

Pretty sure that Nintendo has more succesful first-party videogame franchises than both Sony and Microsoft combined, even if you leave out 'casual' games like Wii Sports (which have been extremely succesful nonetheless)

People just have kind of a double standard because there's such a lack of good third party franchises on Nintendo consoles compared to the competitors.