Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Kinda disapointed we didn't get to see any Nintendo games on the WiiU, though the Zelda tech demo did look very nice.

Seeing a bunch of games I can get on any other console / PC didn't really make me specifically want the WiiU.

No real specs yet, but what they've shown off its definately on par with current gen consoles, if not better. That bird tech demo was pretty sleek, but the games didn't look much different than PS3/360 games. I guess thats the point though, easy ports

The controller is pretty interesting, kinda like having a non-portable Vita to interact with your console. Sony can / will do this with the Vita im sure, but they'll have to rely on people buying both a Vita / PS3, where Nintendo has it bundled. Will be interesting to see what dev's come up with.

Heres hoping for another Pacman Vs / Four Swords / etc games that never really got made for the Wii.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I played some Arkham Asylum and it was so incredibly boring that I couldn't believe it. Look past the graphics, the voice acting, and peoples' love for the characters and you'll see that it was really just a very average and uninteresting game...

I also thought the Zelda tech demo looked sweet. I hope they bring Zelda into Teen-rated territory at least

you do realize you are the one who sounds like a fanboy now right ?
Damned, if you're satisfied with that yawn-fest of a debut lineup then i think you've forgotten the golden days.

Actually, I don't give a flying fuck about those games. But every year since the Wii came out, it's been "Where are my core games? Where are my core games? Why aren't you getting game I want to play?" and now they have the same games as the "grown-up" consoles. People can't complain anymore, because they got exactly what they asked for.

So if anyone complains about not having any core games on Nintendo, they can shut up. The quality or quantity of them doesn't dismiss the fact that they are there.

I played some Arkham Asylum and it was so incredibly boring that I couldn't believe it. Look past the graphics, the voice acting, and peoples' love for the characters and you'll see that it was really just a very average and uninteresting game...

wow

you really are the worst poster on these forums

edit: also yeah the damned is right, literally every complaint I'm seeing directed at nintendo at this point is ignorant to what is actually going on

They need a better offering than 1/10 good games to get peoples' attention. :tomatoface: The spattering of genres on this list ranges from shooters, to driving games, to games with people who walk and shoot or possibly use a sword. I know that's about as diverse as the gaming industry can muster at this point, but come on, this list is weak.

you have really bad opinions on a lot of things

really bad

wow

you really aren't the worst poster on these forums

edit: i love you brandon

Well, thank you. 8-O

People may not agree with my opinion about Bat Man, but such differences of opinions are to be expected amongst unique individuals. I know people went crazy over The Dark Knight (I thought it was a good movie but I didn't go crazy over it).. I know that has something to do with the popularity of the Batman games, and the love for the characters in general, but I wouldn't let that cloud my judgment of what a good Batman game is... A good batman game, well, is Batman for the NES.

That's the controller? As in... the only one? I will likely never, in my life, play a game on that thing. It's hard enough finding a comfortable controller on the current generation of consoles, that thing will NOT be comfortable or convenient in any way shape or form, and frankly, it's shamefully disappointing.

Please tell me I can plug my Gamecube controllers into this thing [without sacrificing important functionality]. (It's kind of sad that in ten years nobody has designed an equal or superior controller...)

prophetik: Nothing else so far. Nintendo's focus was on 3DS this year, and just letting people see the new controller and tech demos, and to let people know 3rd parties are on board. They were quiet about any games they were working on themselves

ArmadonRK: While not as confortable as the GC controller, people who have got to hold it in their hands have said its similar, though bulkier obviously. All Wii controllers work with it too. No word if this is GC compatible or has the ports, but I wouldn't bet on it. The button set is similar to Classic controller though, so maybe it will support that as an alternative for games that wont use the screen

At least there will be less wagglin and more controllin

Edited by Crowbar Man

My initial reaction to the Wii U controller:

"My my my that looks awfully gimmicky"

I've been proven wrong before, but why do I get the feeling that the best (read: most fun) games will not utilize nearly half the features on the controller?

The conference as we've seen it now certainly did try to show us how "hardcore" the Wii U (a dumb name attached to a dumb name) was, but facetiously or not, Brandon brought up a point that several of those titles are of middling quality.

I've been a Nintendo fan my whole life, and I am sure somewhere down the line they'll do some crazy shit to make us all believe in this console, but I really don't want to put down so much money on a flimsy, overly large controller like that! Trying to get 3 or 4 of them to have a sustainable bout of, say, Four Swords? A fortune!

Also, I am pretty sad that GC support is ending this generation. The fact that the Wii supported the Gamecube prevented retailers and stores like Gamestop from removing all their GC games and accessories. Probably won't be the case now.

The GC controller WAS pretty tight, and my personal favorite of controllers. This WiiU thing just don't look right.

Edited by EC2151

To think they're still pushin out video games when there's a nuclear issue happening over there...

I don't think I could ever play on a controller like that it's hard enough to navigate your hands around a tablet it would kinda be like holding up my keyboard to press buttons and stuff, but apparently you can use the wiimote which is good.

Also I think Brandon's thoughts on Nintendo's approach is just as appreciated as anyone else around here, if anything I think I side more with what Brandon says. I can't really say much else since I seldom play video games anymore anyway @_@.