Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Summary: Scalping is wrong but nobody gives a crap, people who want games should wait several months past the release date, OCR is full of people who need to take courses in economics and government, I am a communist, if the Wii U is priced at 300 I need to actually save 600 (or wait three months), and none of this crap even matters because it's just a forum and I've already stated my opinion and nobody is going to agree with me anyway because we live in a society focused on money and void of anything that can't be sucked up and shat out in fifteen seconds or less.

Fuck it. Have a good night people.

Edit: Oh look it's Edgecrusher, douche number 1. I almost quit listening to fear factory because of your username. Just something I thought I would let you know.

Edited by megadave

Considering that must of the sales of the Wii during the shortage were retail, and thus not "scalping", I fail to see how this is such a terrible thing.

No one makes you buy anything except yourself. You're just pissed because you couldn't get a video game system when you wanted one.

Your points may have been valid, but it's ruined because you're coming off as an entitled whiner.

I shouldn't have to wait because someone can't make money honestly.

What's dishonest about selling your own property online for an inflated price? It's not like you're attaching a hidden service charge into a legally binding contract.

if the Wii U is priced at 300 I need to actually save 600 (or wait three months),

Or you could just get the system when it comes out at regular price. It doesn't take a ninja to do it.

My brother went to Target a few hours before the Wii came out, and he had no problem picking one up.

Or you could, you know, preorder the damn thing.

Edited by Neblix

if nekofrog can get his grubby hands on enough consoles to make a $1500 profit, you must be doing something wrong if you can't even get one, just sayin. I had no problems getting mine early either.

Silly tangent aside, I'd like to reiterate that I don't think it's very likely at all that we'll get a repeat of the Wii shortage when the Wii U launches.

Pokemon Snap really had no business being as enjoyable as it turned out to be (I mean, come on, "Pokemon Spinoff game based around photography" doesn't exactly scream game of the year). I think it's basically the perfect rental game, because despite the short length it was graphically pretty impressive for the time, and the gameplay was tons of fun.

I would love to see it return on Wii U. On a similar note, Fatal Frame would be great as well.

I just like the core RPGs more than the spin-offs! I've played the Ranger and Dungeon games a bit, but I never really got into them very much.

And while I had an N64, I didn't own a lot of games for it, and none of the local video stores rented game back then, so I never got to try it.

Oh god, they're going to make me hand in my membership card.

I don't know... I got my Wii at launch (it was also the first time I lined up for a pre-order... surprisingly warm for a Canadian autumn) and we did play the fuck out of it once we got it back to my friend's house. Creating Miis, trying out Wii Sports, playing Twilight Princess...

But after winter was over, and I had played all the games I got, I didn't really want to play it much. Even with Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, I just couldn't get back into playing it.

Meanwhile, my DS saw so much use I'm starting to have problems wit the L button contacting correctly.

So it's not just me getting tired of playing games. it really is the Wii. There just wasn't enough to keep my interest in it.

I suppose I should see if there's an update for it. It has been several months since I used it last.

Summary: Scalping is wrong but nobody gives a crap, people who want games should wait several months past the release date, OCR is full of people who need to take courses in economics and government, I am a communist, if the Wii U is priced at 300 I need to actually save 600 (or wait three months), and none of this crap even matters because it's just a forum and I've already stated my opinion and nobody is going to agree with me anyway because we live in a society focused on money and void of anything that can't be sucked up and shat out in fifteen seconds or less.

this post is a nice job of summing up a lot of bullshit reading. :nicework:

OK, just ignore the acting. Look at the Nintablet being used to control aerial drones and plotting waypoints for your teammates.

That is how you should be using a tablet for a console. You can still use it to shoot and run around, but when you need to, you an get building layouts and track your teammates as they spread out.

On a similar note, Fatal Frame would be great as well.

I read about an innovative use for the Wii U controller where you can use the controller as a "window" into the game world outside of the bounds of the tv screen. I think it would be pretty awesome for a horror game to utilize that feature so you can look around your living room and see a monster or something.

Also, Wii U Zelda can use it as a new Lens of Truth for looking at hidden stuff on screen.

OK, just ignore the acting. Look at the Nintablet being used to control aerial drones and plotting waypoints for your teammates.

That is how you should be using a tablet for a console. You can still use it to shoot and run around, but when you need to, you an get building layouts and track your teammates as they spread out.

Never send boys to do a woman's job~

But yeah that looks pretty awesome.

I read about an innovative use for the Wii U controller where you can use the controller as a "window" into the game world outside of the bounds of the tv screen. I think it would be pretty awesome for a horror game to utilize that feature so you can look around your living room and see a monster or something.

Not really "innovation"... they JUST did that with 3DS.

What's so funny about that? It's hard to deny that Nintendo is the most innovative of the three companies in terms of console design.

If this is about a lack of new franchises, remind me again of how many first-party franchises Microsoft and Sony have launched in recent years. Stuff like Uncharted, Gears of War and God of War are all third party titles.

What's so funny about that? It's hard to deny that Nintendo is the most innovative of the three companies in terms of console design.

If this is about a lack of new franchises, remind me again of how many first-party franchises Microsoft and Sony have launched in recent years. Stuff like Uncharted, Gears of War and God of War are all third party titles.

Uncharted is not a fun game.

Fun movie.

Not a fun game.

Oh and I was referring to the Nintendo Franchises.

Console is innovative for about two minutes. Then you just look like an idiot playing it.