Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

the fact that the chip can stream sd video streams does not imply that the tablet is SD red you are retarded

but on top of that obviously its not gonna be 1920X1280 or something like that for the tablet that would also be retarded

so double dumb for a) poor inferences and B) implied complaints for something that isn't anywhere close to a problem

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Wii U tablet is 480.

the fact that the chip can stream sd video streams does not imply that the tablet is SD you are retarded

Uh, are you implying that the tablet screen is HD? Why would they use anything more than 480p on a controller. Plus read the statements from people who've actually used the unit. Also note that this is Nintendo. Who doesn't like to spend a lot of money. The unit isn't even multi touch and you think its HD? And you are calling me retarded?

but on top of that obviously its not gonna be 1920X1280 or something like that for the tablet that would also be retarded

What are you even talking about? This statement makes no sense.

so double dumb for a) poor inferences and B) implied complaints for something that isn't anywhere close to a problem

I posted GOOD news. The ability to stream up to 4 different video streams means that it is possible to have more than one tablet. I also listed the possible configurations.

Did you even read my post?

Edited by Crowbar Man

I posted GOOD news. The ability to stream up to 4 different video streams means that it is possible to have more than one tablet. I also listed the possible configurations. Did you even read my post?

i suppose it is good news too bad thats already pretty well known

hate to break it to you but it really didn't ever need to get confirmed

if you thought nintendo was going to make a new system that could only use one of its new controllers, ITS MAJOR SELLING POINT, then you would be pretty dumb

this has already been done on the gamecube for crying out loud how is it even conceivable that the wii u wouldn't be capable of it

I'm not "dumb", that is what Nintendo said.

Maybe read the thread? Last thing posted in this thread were people upset that it was only limited to one tablet. I just posted the good news is that might not be the case.

And the GC didn't stream video to the GBA. The GBA generated the video seperately.

Not entirely sure what your problem is.

Edited by Crowbar Man

And the GC didn't stream video to the GBA. The GBA generated the video separately.

This is correct. The internal memory on the GBA loaded up data from the GameCube and then the GBA did it's own stuff. The link cable was strictly for transferring data back and forth as needed. Even the Wii and DS connection worked the same (not that many games used it.. Pokemon Battle Revolution is the only one I can think of off hand).

Crowbar you seem so desperate to sound smart, but it has gotten pretty obvious by now that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm still waiting for PriZm to explain this one.

Edited by The Damned

I say things negative about Nintendo all the time. In fact, lots of people have said negative things in this thread.

And not entirely sure how that relates to anything, at all. Topic really wasn't even 100% Nintendo related at the time. Easy way to cop out?

Edited by Crowbar Man

Some interesting news:

The Wii U is using Radeon HD 4xxx series (R770) based custom GPU, which in comparison, the 360 is using an HD X100 (R520) based custom chip and the PS3 is similar to nVidia GeForce 7800 (G70).

The chip is capable of streaming up to four SD video streams. Tablet = SD res.. hmm.

I don't understand how GPU specs explain the ability to stream video wirelessly. Sure, it can explain how much video data it can process, but sending it wirelessly isn't a GPU function.

The gpu handles video processing not the streaming itself. It can display up to 4 different seperate feeds, like a multi display monitor setup on a PC. We don't know much about the hardware (or software) so how it travels from the gpu buffer to the tablet itself is currently unknown to the public

Also no surprise: No DVD or BD movie playback on the Wii U

Not sure if this confirms their proprietary format is based on a single layer bd (25 GB), otherwise not sure why they would need to mention BD

Edited by Crowbar Man

Not sure if this confirms their proprietary format is based on a single layer bd (25 GB), otherwise not sure why they would need to mention BD

I think you're reading too much into it. BD is the standard for physical HD media, so it makes sense to generally state it doesn't support its playback (and you're totally right, that was pretty much expected).

It is a standard, but not the only one (remember HD-DVD?). Plus that would suggest the Wii U does have a higher density format than DVD.

Edit: Looks like a higher density format has been confirmed in a few interviews.

Currently the rumor / unofficial confirmation by one of game designers is the Wii U will use 25 GB discs, but isn't official official

Something besides DVD DL is good news, as the 360 unfortunately has some growing pains with 8GB "limitation" of DVD (mostly because publishers dont want to pay for a multiple disc license fees and players are getting too lazy to change discs, which is the funniest thing i've ever heard)

Edited by Crowbar Man

That's not true.

Nintendo is lame.

See, I just did.

In all seriousness, everyone of us knows that everyone and their mother whom hate on Nintendo will be getting the Wii U. Cause we all are lame. Just like Nintendo.

As much as I have been negative about this new console, I'll give it a year AFTER it's been out, maybe longer before I would buy it. By then, there will be games worth owning...