Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Bleck:

In other words, you didn't read my post, but replied to it anyways. Now twice. Doesn't even look like you read what you quoted :( Please reread both my posts.

I am also talking about buying the physical copy and installing it so you could use it without the disc (Solution: digital voucher code that comes with it to get the digital version)

This is the only possible way it would work and avoid piracy, but I doubt publishers would go for it. There is no benefit for them to offer this.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I am also talking about buying the physical copy and installing it so you could use it without the disc (Solution: digital voucher code that comes with it to get the digital version)

This doesn't avoid piracy. Non-physical media based authentication are inherently more easy to crack than physical media based authentication - that's why more and more companies are beginning to sell USB drives that contain computer programs that can only be used if the drive is plugged in. It's a problem inherent to the manner in which all things are coded.

This doesn't avoid piracy. Non-physical media based authentication are inherently more easy to crack than physical media based authentication - that's why more and more companies are beginning to sell USB drives that contain computer programs that can only be used if the drive is plugged in. It's a problem inherent to the manner in which all things are coded.

take my word for it don't start with crowbar. logic and facts are useless against him. unless you like being frustrated it's not worth your time.

USB authenticators are unique.

Signed digital copies that are encrypted (including using a console unique key and online authentication) and only work with a specific console are also unique.

Physical carts and discs that need to play on every system are not unique. They have to play on everybody's system. You are barking up the wrong tree here.

Carts/discs are easier to pirate then signed digital content. See easy to pirate 360 discs (only the disc drive has to be compromised) over harder to pirate DLC content/XBLA games (entire console security has to be compromised). Ironically, it seems you can "authenticate" with a pirate disc on the 360 for full installs if the disc drive is compromised. Again, you are barking up a very wrong tree here. Non-unqiue physical media is the weak point to piracy, not a strong point.

They would not be offering DLC, digital full games, or even have XBLA/PSN/eShop games, in the first place if it was super easy to pirate. They would not be using vouchers for multiplayer/dlc/etc to fight used games and piracy if it was super easy to pirate.

Again, the only way to even pirate this material is to completely compromise the entire console's security, which is often not an easy feat. Way harder than attacking the non-unique physical media.

The Derrit:

He is going in the wrong direction. Pressed discs that need to run on all hardware are not more secure than uniquely signed digital content.

I don't want to hear you saying I don't use logic and facts when people (especially you) who tend to argue with me either don't read anything, just type back random things, can't think about all sides of the situation, or say things that are just completely false.

Feel free to prove me wrong if you must. but your post offered nothing more to the conversation, nor any factual information, as usual

Topic:

Uh.... Wiiiiiiii Uuuuuu WIiiii uuuuuu wiiii uuuu.. Nothing new that i know of. Sorry for the off topic ramble :/

Edited by Crowbar Man

I don't want to hear you talk about "logic and facts" (especially from you) when people who tend to argue with me either don't read anything, just type back random things, or say things that are completely false.

Yeah, nobody but you knows how to communicate. Okay, sure.

Yeah, nobody but you knows how to communicate. Okay, sure.

Perfect example. Entire page of factual comments and information: responded to with something completely random and ignoring the entire post. I never even said that to boot. I just said people who tend to argue with me. Like yourself. And the last 4 posts you posted.

*sigh*

Edited by Crowbar Man

For as long as PSP's scene was cracked open for piracy, it was only in the past year or so that the ability to sign content to run on unhacked PSPs developed.

Whoa, what a coincidence that one of the few consoles that exist that support downloadable games is also one of the few that exist that can be softmodded to run pirated games!

PSP's internal security was compromised (EDIT, since small typo makes me wrong). The non-unique physical media did nothing to stop piracy of either the discs or the downloads, but the downloads were often harder to work with. Ripping the discs was childs play once the internal security was cracked.

This had nothing to do with digital downloads.

Thank you for playing.

Also one of the few that supports downloads? What console/handheld/digital device doesn't now? What rock do you live under?

Edited by Crowbar Man

Whoa, what a coincidence that one of the few consoles that exist that support downloadable games is also one of the few that exist that can be softmodded to run pirated games!

damn it bleck, are you totally incapable of reading shit before making flippant sarcastic remarks

I just said that your can sign code to run on non-softmodded PSPs

The thing about the Wii U is when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros. when is Smash Bros.

And what does any of that really have to do with digital downloads? They ripped and cracked the physical media games first and easiest.

Also again, what rock do you live under? Everything supports digital downloads now, and its always the physical media side that gets cracked first and easiest, and the digital side is either safe or problematic and/or takes a few more steps. See PSP, 360, PS3, Wii. In fact, on DS side of things, DS cart games are all easily pirated, but DSiWare remains completely safe. The 3DS carts will be attacked far before they can do anything with the eShop, unless they break the entire security first, which will still include attacking the carts first and digital far later.

You keep going on and on but you haven't proven one example where digital is weaker then non-unique physical media. In all cases, digital only fails if everything fails. There is literally nothing you can do at that point

Also love the spelling correction to prove you "right". Why that doesn't get old at all.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Also again, what rock do you live under?
Hey, have you maybe considered that people ignore your posts because you're a haughty asshole? :roll:
Also love the spelling correction to prove you "right".

The spelling correction doesn't really prove anything except that you can't spell, which is embarrassing. You know that the little squiggly line under a word means it's incorrect, right? Or were you so excited to post another insulting remark that you didn't even bother to glance up from the keyboard?

I mean, I'm sure everyone's real impressed with your immense ability to imply that somebody doesn't know what they're talking about, but please. People who don't have to bolster their self-esteem via passive-aggression on internet forums are trying to talk.

so how about that Wii U?

i'm going to the Wii U Experience tomorrow; I'll post here about it when I return.

I hope ya have fun. Apparently the crowd is a lot thicker at the California events than it was for the events in the other states. :o I keep reading about people only getting to play like 2 titles.

I hope ya get ta play everything ya want.

I'm not ignoring you because you're right, I'm ignoring you because you're presenting your arguments in such a way to maximize the amount of satisfaction you get from trying to prove somebody wrong, instead of sharing the information for conversation's sake. I'm ignoring you because the way you're arguing this only serves to give people adequate reason to ignore you.

Also, I'm pointing out your spelling mistakes to make you mad (which is clearly succeeding~).

Keep telling yourself that. I think anybody who read anything in my posts would learn far more about how things work than your last few posts. I try to be educational and helpful! (well, until people start insulting me)

At least you admit you are just trolling at this point. I thought you were honestly just really confused and then becoming insulting to hide the fact you were wrong. My mistake that you are a troll.

EDIT: Though, I guess this means I'm right about both things:

The digital signed stuff, and about the people who argue with me (generally, and unfortunately this is yet another prime example :( )

It would be nice to have a conversation where valid and interesting information is exchanged.

If you have anything actually to add to this off topic conversation, you can just PM me, and if you say something that is factual, I'll come back here and correct anything I've said flat out wrong and apologize. And try not to make any typos in the process, so I'm not double wrong.

Edited by Crowbar Man