Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Wii U supports bluetooth headsets. Case closed.

I was under the impression it didn't. Is there any confirmation of this? I can't find it anywhere. Specifically most articles say in fact it does not.

THESE SYSTEMS SUPPORT SO THIS OTHER ONE THAT DOESN'T IS SHIT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T.

Uh, I'd like to see you quote where I said anything like that in my posts. As a future Wii U owner, I am simply disappointed that a brand new console is lacking a common feature.

1) 12-year-olds spouting profanity and calling you names for no reason

2) You can use bluetooth headsets

3) If you want to chat whenever like on the 360... then use a 360. This is a different system. Get over it.

1) I don't play games with 12 year olds generally. Also as mentioned, if you get annoyed you can always turn it off, but lacking the ability to use it at all isn't very appealing.

2) Unfortunately as far as I've read, this is not the case.

3) I can't play Nintendo's games on 360. This also isn't a good advertising point for the Wii U. "Use another console if you want this feature".

There is nothing to "Get Over" I'm simply stating the console is missing a feature that modern consoles have adopted, and future consoles should continue using. This isn't unusual for Nintendo though, just disappointing to see.

and it's a good thing that it's not universally implemented. this way the only time people will use it is when they really want to be able to talk with their friends while they play

Except when the game doesn't support it at all.

Edited by Crowbar Man

"Nobody" cares about voice chat? These are kinda odd remarks considering its heavily used across many platforms (360/PS3/PC).

I tried to think of how I can explain to you why this doesn't matter but if you don't already know I think you just might be incapable of understanding

Well the "argument" seems to be simply:

"I don't like voice chat so I don't think it should be a feature for those that do"

Which isn't much of an argument.

And I'm not even trying to argue, I'm mostly just stating some information about the Wii U.

Anyone complaining about the lack of voice chat should come back when better technology for console voice chat is put out

What are you talking about? Tech has been here. See 360, or even PS3, as example.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I was under the impression it didn't. Is there any confirmation of this? I can't find it anywhere. Specifically most articles say in fact it does not.

a bunch of other dumb shit

confirmed. also pretty much the only games that require you to use voice chat based on your guidelines, i.e. team cooperation and such, are games with ranked matchmaking in which you cannot choose who you play with. so saying 'i don't play with 12 year olds' is fucking retarded.

it IS a feature. just about everyone in this thread doesn't care that it's not full-time. if you want to talk to your friends while you're all playing seperate games, there's a solution for that. it's called a "phone." or "skype."

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is what nintendo game are you really looking at playing online in which you would really need to have chat? or that would even make it a better experience? the last thing i'd want added on to smash brothers or mario kart online is the ability for the people i'm playing against to bitch at me through the tv while i play. the flaming culture that voice chat has created far outweighs the good that it's done, and nintendo may not actually know this, but making it restrictively difficult to set up actually does make online gaming safer and more pleasant of an experience, gameplay wise.

"i don't like voice chat because it means other people can harass me when i don't want them to. thus, it would be just as well if it wasn't there at all."

the fact that

can exist and have a quarter million views, and has nearly 5,000 likes, is disgusting. and why everyone here is fine with voice chat ceasing to exist. Edited by The Derrit

I could be completely blind, but that article says nothing about bluetooth headsets. Care to quote the part that says it? Or did you quote the wrong article?

"i don't like voice chat because it means other people can harass me when i don't want them to. thus, it would be just as well if it wasn't there at all."

Turn it off? Its not that complicated.

Also, not that it matters since I'm an oddball anyways, but I don't play any games with ranked matchmaking, but plenty of coop/team games with my friends. (L4D, TF2, Borderlands, RE5/6, Portal 2, etc)

But if for some reason I did decide to, and didn't like the 12 year olds, I'd just turn off the voice chat. Again, I myself am not a big fan of voice chat in general, but lacking the feature is still disappointing, especially for those that do.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I could be completely blind, but that article says nothing about bluetooth headsets. Care to quote the part that says it? Or did you quote the wrong article?

what the fuck do you think '3rd party headsets' are, headsets made by madcatz?

at least we can all agree you're an idiot.

Edited by The Derrit

what the fuck do you think '3rd party headsets' are, headsets made by madcatz?

at least we can all agree you're an idiot.

IGN reports that only select games will support voice chat through third-party, officially licensed headsets from Turtle Beach and Tritton plugged into the GamePad's headphone jack

Maybe you should read the article? They aren't BT. The article says you plug them into the GamePad. Every article I've read said that Wii U doesn't support BT headsets (at least, not at this time) and the only way you can voice chat is if you plug a headset into the GamePad.

I wouldn't call someone an idiot if you didn't read the article, or have any facts, as usual.

Edited by Crowbar Man

or "skype."

This ^ would be an amazing thing for a console to have, especially if it had the ability to run in-console while in another application such as web browser, or the obvious, in-game.

Plus it could be a cross-console or cross-platform chat too!

but what am I thinking, that's a ridiculously stupid idea. why the hell would anyone want to chat with someone who uses a different console than you?

Edited by Anorax

Bleck:

Firstly, in game voice chat is completely optional up to the game devs to implement or not. So no chatting on all games, and "Cross Game Chat" is probably not an option at this point (though not even PS3 does that last i checked).

So, not even sure what your point is being, considering I've already pointed out that information at the start of the current conversation

Anorax:

Skype Support: That would be pretty cool!

Edited by Crowbar Man

confirmed. also pretty much the only games that require you to use voice chat based on your guidelines, i.e. team cooperation and such, are games with ranked matchmaking in which you cannot choose who you play with. so saying 'i don't play with 12 year olds' is fucking retarded.

it IS a feature. just about everyone in this thread doesn't care that it's not full-time. if you want to talk to your friends while you're all playing seperate games, there's a solution for that. it's called a "phone." or "skype."

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT is what nintendo game are you really looking at playing online in which you would really need to have chat? or that would even make it a better experience?

Monster Hunter 3.

So, not even sure what your point is being, considering I've already pointed out that information at the start of the current conversation

my point is that you're arguing how much it sucks that a console doesn't have voice chat in a discussion that you started by pointing out that it does, and that's pretty dumb

Monster Hunter 3.

Which is one of the few games that supports the Wii Speak peripheral! Though I don't think it's known whether or not Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate 3 Super HD Wii U Edition will have some kind of voice chat, yet.

I swear I read somewhere that Bluetooth headsets were supported...

Anyways, I very rarely play games online anyway, and wouldn't use voice chat unless I was playing with friends, at which point it would probably just be better to set up skype on my iPad or something while I play. I'm not an online gamer anyways so my opinion doesn't account for much, although I was actually interested in maybe getting CoD BO2 with my Wii U to play online with you guys.

I swear I read somewhere that Bluetooth headsets were supported...

Anyways, I very rarely play games online anyway, and wouldn't use voice chat unless I was playing with friends, at which point it would probably just be better to set up skype on my iPad or something while I play. I'm not an online gamer anyways so my opinion doesn't account for much, although I was actually interested in maybe getting CoD BO2 with my Wii U to play online with you guys.

Just get it on another console a week earlier.

And all I'm thinking is "Fudge Nintendo Land! It's all about the long-awaited 3rd season of Pikmin!"

If you wanted to play Call of Duty, why not just play it on a gaming-quality PC? Then again, they need to put the Call of Duty series on the cooling plate after more than 7 consecutive years with a new installment.