Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

So I just picked up the deluxe last week and have yet to open it. Come to find out that the wife bought me one as an xmas present. Is anyone interested in buying this thing before I return it? What would be a fair price for it? I'm seeing $500 all over the net. I would next day FedEx if anyone was interested. Also, I tried searching for the 'For Sale' thread but couldn't find it. If this is in the wrong forum I apologize.

So I just picked up the deluxe last week and have yet to open it. Come to find out that the wife bought me one as an xmas present. Is anyone interested in buying this thing before I return it? What would be a fair price for it? I'm seeing $500 all over the net. I would next day FedEx if anyone was interested. Also, I tried searching for the 'For Sale' thread but couldn't find it. If this is in the wrong forum I apologize.

You were looking for this thread, correct?

Although I'm sure this thread is just as relevant considering what you're selling.

As for "reasonable price", what was the in-store price? Trying to shoot over that generally isn't a good idea, even if you were to put it up on an auction site like eBay. (on eBay the bid would probably go higher than MSRP anyway)

If you want you can sell it for around $50 less than retail price, but it depends if you want to be fully reimbursed or not considering your significant other is planning on getting you one anyway.

Of course I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, so there.

EDIT: I'm seeing that it's selling at Walmart for ~$375, so I don't know why anyone would want to sell one for $500. Personally I'd wait until the demand/price came down. As I said earlier, if it were me personally, I wouldn't sell too far from retail price, maybe $50-$100 lower.

Now, if I had the money I'd buy it from you. Alas I do not.

Edited by Anorax

Anyone play around with the Youtube app? I think it's a pretty lazy port of the PS3 app, with almost no touchscreen integration to speak of. Why do these companies keep making half assed experiences? I mean, the Netflix app is better than YT but still runs terribly and breaks easily.

Anyone play around with the Youtube app? I think it's a pretty lazy port of the PS3 app, with almost no touchscreen integration to speak of. Why do these companies keep making half assed experiences? I mean, the Netflix app is better than YT but still runs terribly and breaks easily.

YT... App?

Pssht I'd use the web browser for that.

Although last time I checked, the YouTube App experience is actually done through Google (at least for the Wii). When you'd load the YouTube page, YouTube would put up one of those banner things they do that says "Try YouTube Go for your Wii" so I don't know if the App is Google-driven or not. Seeing as the WiiU app is apparently the same as the PS3 app I dare say that it's Google's doing, not Nintendo.

If you don't like it I suggest attempting to use the web browser instead and just bypass the app.

That was indeed the thread I was looking for, thanks. I'd like to sell it for enough to cover the cost and the shipping fee plus a little more. I'm not entirely greedy. Craigslist and ebay was were I was looking for prices. You bring up a good point to hold onto it until the demand picks up and the supply is down.

YT... App?

Pssht I'd use the web browser for that.

Although last time I checked, the YouTube App experience is actually done through Google (at least for the Wii). When you'd load the YouTube page, YouTube would put up one of those banner things they do that says "Try YouTube Go for your Wii" so I don't know if the App is Google-driven or not. Seeing as the WiiU app is apparently the same as the PS3 app I dare say that it's Google's doing, not Nintendo.

If you don't like it I suggest attempting to use the web browser instead and just bypass the app.

If it is a literal port of the PS3 app you might get some luck if you look around the settings. The PS3 app is poor stuff but there's an option to use regular old YT format somewhere on it.

I got mine yesterday and hooked it all up. System update took less than an hour, oddly enough. Said the server was busy partway through the download, but it installed without issue.

Played some Nintendoland, which is actually a lot of fun and a real challenge! Fav game so far is F-Zero racing minigame, followed by Balloon Fight. Least fav is the yoshi cart. Fuck driving blind. Monita for Brawl.

Also tried some Scribblenauts Unlimited. I played almost entirely on the little screen, which is a shame because the big screen is so bright, crisp, and beautiful. But it's fun and frustration failures are kept to a minimum, and the new level progression makes the world feel that much more alive, so it's all good.

Gonna do a system transfer tonight and get all my Wii stuff on the system, then continue playing Last Story.

You may or may not care for their opinions but Lusipurr.com seems to think the Wii U sucks. They hate a lot of things though. I haven't read them because I was not planning to get a Wii U but if you are interested, there are two stories about it right on their front page.

Dude, Lusipurr is all about being a curmudgeon for the sake of the lols. I wouldn't take anything he or they say as indicative of anything...

Not seen it myself but I've seen some comparison videos on Youtube from people who have tried...

Apparently there is a 'slight' upscaling, where the Wii U renders the image itself in the larger size rather than leaving it to the TV. It's not a massive improvement, but apparently on some games looks a 'little' better, whilst on others makes them look a 'little' worse....

EDIT: Aha, found it: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/does-the-wii-u-upscale-games-yes

Also, if anyone's interested in getting a great game on the Wii U (or any other console), check this out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/573261866/pier-solar-hd-an-rpg-for-xbox360-pc-mac-linux-and

Edited by Swifthom