Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

That wasn't a bashing of the Wii-U, just pointing out something rather.... stupid.

So "night" is only four hours long in Germany? Not say, 8 P.M. to 5 A.M.? And given that I seriously doubt you can only go to a brick and mortar game store to buy Diablo III between 11 P.M. and 3 A.M., I think it's a rather moronic "law."

Germany continues to restrict games made for adults to protect the kids. Eh, not surprising. Germany's GEMA is also supposedly even harsher than the RIAA on music copyright. I'm just getting that from DJs that perform/live in that area.

On another thing, I don't have a Wii U yet and am pretty disappointed that I cannot afford one for the holidays. But I want to make the most of what's out there and go a bit on the cheap for games. Besides Might Switch Force HD, what original e-shop titles are worth getting?

Nano Assault Neo is only 10 bucks and is said to be a great value.

I bought 'Little Inferno' and it's certainly addictive yet mindless fun while it lasts. Burning things in an interactive digital fireplace has never been so captivating. The price is a bit high at $14.99 (though the devs can drop it at their discretion) but I would say it is worth getting.

Edited by ocre

Nano Assault Neo is only 10 bucks and is said to be a great value.

I bought 'Little Inferno' and it's certainly addictive yet mindless fun while it lasts. Burning things in an interactive digital fireplace has never been so captivating. The price is a bit high at $14.99 (though the devs can drop it at their discretion) but I would say it is worth getting.

i concur, a price around 10.00 would fit better. Burning stuff and trying to find combo is still fun thought.

*Removes ashes from his fireplace*

Also now i see why i wasn't able to look at the assassin creed 3 info last sunday.

The Wii U eShop has three games on sale thru early January:

- Trine 2 is $15.99 (normally $19.99) until January 7

- Little Inferno is $9.99 until January 4, down from $14.99

- Chasing Aurora is $7.49, half off until January 3.

*These prices are for North America but apparently a similar deal is happening in Europe too.

Man, I really wanna get Trine 2 for the Wii U, but now the Steam version is at $7.49. Is there any Wii U exclusive content that'd make the deal sweeter?

As far as I know the Wii U version contains an exclusive level as well as the expansion pack levels. Don't know too much about it though, so I can say if its worth the extra bucks. At the very least off-tv GamePad play is a perk of that version.

Edit: (From NeoGAF: "Well it does include the Goblin Menace expansion which retails for $8 on Steam (and isn't available at all on 360 and PS3), as well as a Wii U exclusive level.

And better graphics and controls.")

And at 10 bucks, I can now fully recommend Little Inferno.

Edited by ocre

Something about Darksiders 2 on the WiiU.... They removed quick-time events, I think. See, sometimes when you beat a boss or there's a particularly long cutscene full of action you can see WHERE these events might've been, but they're gone. So instead you get to watch an awesome finisher rather than focusing on where button prompts will appear.

That said I have no proof they were ever in there in the first place, but I am glad they're not present.

Something about Darksiders 2 on the WiiU.... They removed quick-time events, I think. See, sometimes when you beat a boss or there's a particularly long cutscene full of action you can see WHERE these events might've been, but they're gone. So instead you get to watch an awesome finisher rather than focusing on where button prompts will appear.

That said I have no proof they were ever in there in the first place, but I am glad they're not present.

I personally love quick-time events; it makes the scene more engaging. I hate just watching finishers; I don't feel like I actually did anything. When I mash something into a boss with my thumb, I break a sweat and get excited to see my micro-effort be worth something.

That being said, Darksiders II is a game I love, and I played enough of it that I can confirm there are quick-time events.

Went shopping on my birthday and saw Wii U both the standard and deluxe editions just sitting there beyond a glass case. The console looks awesome. I'm jealous of you people. Also, Mario looks sick in HD. There is no telling what Nintendo might put out on this console. Definitely want to try Fatal Frame when it arrives.