Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Consider that the past two fiscal years are the only two in the history of the company where Nintendo have posted operating losses.

It would seem that they've posted an operating loss, a loss in net sales, and an overall loss of revenue over the past 2 years.

That's not great.

Also, consider that is with the release of a new Zelda, a few new Mario titles (though could any of them be considered "flagship"?), a new Mario Kart title. Possibly others. That's just off the top of my head.

BUT then also consider that's with the initial production of 2 new consoles.

Edited by Ramaniscence

How is Wii U doing badly a "console war"?

it's not that the wii u is doing badly and that pointing that out is somehow bad, it's that you've repeatedly done so in a manner that makes unfair and/or irrelevant comparison to the other console companies

there's a difference between rama saying 'the wii u isn't making any money' and you saying 'the wii u isn't making any money and that's why it's bad and the ps4 will be so much better'

it's not that the wii u is doing badly and that pointing that out is somehow bad, it's that you've repeatedly done so in a manner that makes unfair and/or irrelevant comparison to the other console companies

there's a difference between rama saying 'the wii u isn't making any money' and you saying 'the wii u isn't making any money and that's why it's bad and the ps4 will be so much better'

I don't think the PS4 will be better, with always on internet and a ridiculously high price point (I'm expecting $1,000 for the one people will actually want to own, with a decent hard drive, and all that) In fact, I'd be surprised if the PS4 doesn't also flop, maybe not as hard as the Wii U, but still.

Did I say the PS4 is better? Or did I say that developers said it is easy to work with whereas developers are quickly diving away from the Nintendo implosion? I wasn't saying PS4 was better. I was saying they probably have better relationships with developers than Nintendo does. You can go back and read if you want.

Brandon the point is, you're being an unnecessary douche about your opinion. Also, the point behind your posts is questionable considering

- you bought a wii u

- you're bitching about EVERYTHING concerning it.

Bonus

- you're misinformed and incorrect. a lot.

Don't be melodramatic, people. It can easily get back on track. We've covered a lot of topics on both sides of the discussion, so we should just let those issues rest until some fresh Wii U news surfaces.

May I ask what specific games you all are hoping will be announced for Wii U at E3? Without being a smartass.

Edited by ocre

..........Is there any way that you guys to solve this peacefully?

Hopefully.

The Wii use, released in November of 2012 is Nintendo newest console. It offers (arguably) innovative new controls, as well as improved specifications from it's predecessors offering (arguably) comparable graphical experience to other current generation consoles.

Despite this, the console has experienced less sales than Nintendo had anticipated worldwide. While not in dire straights, the company is currently operating at a loss, and has been for the past 2 years. It has also seen a drop in overall revenue. Nintendo, and it's fans, hope to see this trend turn around with the release of their trademark 1st party titles, as well as 3rd party flagship exclusives later this year. However some are skeptic due to previous 1st party titles inability to effectively turn around Nintendo's downward slump.

It is unclear whether this is a new trend, or the beginning of a larger downfall, but it certain that we, as consumers, would be worse off if Nintendo were no longer in the console market.

tl;dr: The console isn't terrible. The sales are pretty bad (right now). The games are pretty great. Nintendo (consoles) probably aren't dying. Even if it did, we'd all (most) continue living.

Edited by Ramaniscence

I'd like to see what they're going to do with that Twilight Princessish tech demo they showed off.

Oh come on, you know there's going to be a Twilight Princess Sequel...there was a Link to the Past sequel, it's not far fetched.

I'm wondering what direction they will take 3D Mario, myself. I would like to see a return of cohesive explorable environments (read: more like SM64 and less abstract like SMG). Definitely will be underwhelmed if they go with a space motif again. I don't want Super Mario Universe.

I agree 100%. While I enjoyed SMG, it never had the same charm that SM64 did. Exploring, and unlocking new parts of the castle where half the fun of the game. I think a return to this format, with larger, more fleshed out stages, would be a nice turn.

while I enjoyed SMG and (to a larger extent) SMG2, I also think it would be cool for them to move back to a more abstract base for designing levels

I always had this feeling in SMG/2 where the goal was presented to me and it was clear almost immediately what I was supposed to do to accomplish it, whereas SM64 almost always felt as though I had to figure out how to accomplish that goal in addition to actually doing it, which was a nice layer of depth that SMG/2 didn't have (but SM3DL totally did, I love that game)

I'm most looking forward to info on Smash 4.

LITTLE MAC 2014

Unfortunately Itoi says it's a no-go.

Though I'd like to see Mother 3 translated and released on Wii U's GBA Virtual Console. But seeing as how we're barely getting Earthbound after years of begging, I'm not holding my breath.

I guess we'll just see if folks take to Miiverse to voice their desire for M3.

"Impossibru!" ?

All Nintendo would have to do is... I dunno, make it, or something. They don't need the original creator to continue it. I mean look at Square Enix.

LITTLE MAC 2014

God yes. Aside from Mac, Smash Bros newcomers I've been thinking about include: classic Mega Man, Isaac (Golden Sun), Lucina (Fire Emblem), Dixie Kong, K Rool, Louie from Pikmin 2(with the Titan Dweevil as his final smash) or maybe a new captain from Pikmin 3.

I wouldn't mind Medusa from Kid Icarus too. Some folks want Palutena to be a fighter but I could see them replacing Snake's codec gimmick with Palutena talking to Pit about the characters (they've done a similar series-homage with Star Fox.)

I dont really know much about him but Takamaru is more likely now that his franchise saw representation in NintendoLand. Admittedly, I'm kind of ho-hum on another sword user but he's a ninja so at least there's that differentiation.

Brandon: Do I have to look at them? :P also I don't think they could make anoter Mother without him. He wrote the ones that exist and they're not exactly formulaic.

Edited by ocre