Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

At the same time, you look at titles like Mario Kart, Wii Play, NSMB Wii, and DKCR, which all probably cost considerably less to make (aside from MK, no detailed 3D worlds to make), yet yield far greater profit returns.

Nintendo going through the trouble to publish a niche game (Bayonetta) that sold only a million copies? For a company with an economic climate that's middling at best right now, why even bother? Nintendo making Pikmin its first standout 1st-party title?

I mean, come on; it's silly. The Wii U lacks an identity right now, and that identity shouldn't be "games you could have gotten on other systems, and some gamecube titles." That lack of identity is the biggest reason behind all the consumer apathy. No one knows what the Wii U is, or what it means for video-games. Problem is, Nintendo doesn't know that either! You can't say the same for the Wii - everyone knew what the Wii was.

Edited by EC2151

Yeah, I'd have to say I'm still rooting for the Wii U here after the Xbox One stuff. It is the only "normal" console out of the three. Still undecided about PS4 (Need to see some more games, prices, etc) but Xbox One is leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth (especially with no games, maybe might change after E3 shows some games)

If Nintendo shows off some killer apps during this E3, and PS4/Xbox One wind up being outrageous in price, Nintendo might be able to turn around this holiday season once the games start pumping out.

Maybe. We'll see!

Though Nintendo still needs to fix their eShop no matter what. The only "Good" thing about PS4/XBO is the digital front end of everything is far better than the eShop setup right now.

As far as EA, I'll repeat: As soon as there is an installed base TO sell games to, EA will be making games on Wii U

Edited by Crowbar Man

Yeah, I'd have to say I'm still rooting for the Wii U here after the Xbox One stuff. It is the only "normal" console out of the three. Still undecided about PS4 (Need to see some more games, prices, etc) but Xbox One is leaving a pretty bad taste in my mouth (especially with no games, maybe might change after E3 shows some games)

If Nintendo shows off some killer apps during this E3, and PS4/Xbox One wind up being outrageous in price, Nintendo might be able to turn around this holiday season once the games start pumping out.

Maybe. We'll see!

Though Nintendo still needs to fix their eShop no matter what. The only "Good" thing about PS4/XBO is the digital front end of everything is far better than the eShop setup right now.

As far as EA, I'll repeat: As soon as there is an installed base TO sell games to, EA will be making games on Wii U

But didn't EA just sign an exclusivity deal with Microsoft? I mean, yeah, NOW they're saying they're making games for it but... likely it won't be anything made to truly take advantage of the system's capabilities.

Also I rather like the eShop. Yeah, they need to tie purchases to accounts instead of systems but... aside from that I have no issues with it.

I believe its just exclusive content (Modes/DLC) unless I'm missing something? I think he internet would be ablaze if EA announced exclusive games to Xbox One. Wouldn't make much financial sense for EA being a publisher who loves multiform releases

Edited by Crowbar Man

I believe its just exclusive content (Modes/DLC) unless I'm missing something? I think he internet would be ablaze if EA announced exclusive games to Xbox One. Wouldn't make much financial sense for EA being a publisher who loves multiform releases

EA's too much of a whore for exclusivity.

If anything the Xbox exclusivity is probably the usual 'one month exclusivity' on DLC and minor features.

There's no way EA would do a deal like that, specially not when their Sony games sell fine too.

It may just be a flash in the pan, but just from checking out all of the response it seems that there were a lot of users holding out to see what microsoft and sony were offering. I'm not trying to be a hater, but it is nice to see that Nintendo aren't the only ones receiving flack now and it is nice to see that people will take interest in Nintendo's system. The Wii U immediately became a more attractive investment within a few days. No I'm not saying that the Xbox one is garbage, but it does make the other consoles more attractive than they were before, although we'll have to wait for Sony's drm and full reveal, as well as prices.

It's just interesting to see the new console war shaping up, and the next few weeks should be entertaining.

After all of the trolling and negative press Nintendo fans have dealt with since November, I think we've earned the right to. At least we're doing it in our thread instead of logging onto the x-box thread and hating over there.

After all of the trolling and negative press Nintendo fans have dealt with since November, I think we've earned the right to. At least we're doing it in our thread instead of logging onto the x-box thread and hating over there.

Except that hating (or loving) on the Xbone belongs on the Xbone thread, and hating (or loving) on the Wii U belongs on the Wii U thread. We don't attack other threads like pirate vessels on the open seas, shooting cannon balls at them. And what he posted wasn't necessarily an attack, but I did feel it was good information to have in the Xbone thread, that's why I pointed it out.

Also just because the Wii U sold a few more copies in the UK doesn't erase their downward spiral or the fact that they are really out of touch with gaming themselves, though to be very fair, it has become clear they are quite less out of touch than Microsoft. The biggest fear is that when Nintendo finally catches up to Microsoft and Sony, they'll make the same mistakes MSoft and Sony are making now. :-(