Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Lessee...

Kirby Super Star... fantastic game, in fact there's a great remix album with songs from this game that dropped not too long ago.

Kirby's Dream Land 3... always liked the extra goals in each stage like not stepping on flowers in a certain part of a stage or having a certain power to help a character in another. also great art style.

Kirby's Dream Course... Kirby + Golf = a surprisingly well-crafted game that can be fun to play but difficult to master.

All highly recommended (though honestly I'd make Dream Course the freebie... not like it matters of course XD)

Sorry about being a turd-knocker last night. My bad Brandon.....Anyway, picked up Kirby's Dreamland 3. Great co-op game.

No worries man, sometimes I do similar stuff, but I've been really zen lately. :-P I've drank so much coffee, I'm probably like that episode of Futurama after Fry drinks like 200 cups of coffee, you know the one.

1f5652319b2c5d14be84b9d7823eba94.jpg

Anyway yeah, I'd probably be most-likely to get Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dreamland 3 and then Dream Course for free... I don't guess it really matters if they all cost the same. :lol: I don't know if I want to leap at this deal though, because I only have so much in my Wii U wallet and I kinda wanted to spend it on Earthbound.

No worries man, sometimes I do similar stuff, but I've been really zen lately. :-P I've drank so much coffee, I'm probably like that episode of Futurama after Fry drinks like 200 cups of coffee, you know the one.

1f5652319b2c5d14be84b9d7823eba94.jpg

Anyway yeah, I'd probably be most-likely to get Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Dreamland 3 and then Dream Course for free... I don't guess it really matters if they all cost the same. :lol: I don't know if I want to leap at this deal though, because I only have so much in my Wii U wallet and I kinda wanted to spend it on Earthbound.

300. There's even a counter in the episode to demonstrate how many he has drank.

Also Dream Land 3 needs more love as does Dream Course.

$300, actually.

That's why he had 300 cups. it was a dollar a cup.

that's one of my favorite episodes, i pretty much have it memorized XD

Damn. It's been so long since I've seen it, but I think we can all agree, even though I got most of the facts wrong, I still had the general gist of it. :tomatoface:

Has anyone heard anything about when Earthbound is coming out? (to stay on topic ;p)

Damn. It's been so long since I've seen it, but I think we can all agree, even though I got most of the facts wrong, I still had the general gist of it. :tomatoface:

Has anyone heard anything about when Earthbound is coming out? (to stay on topic ;p)

Nothing from what I can tell. I'm sure we'll find out more at one of the E3 Directs.

i saw the title screen in the video and the title theme instantly started playing in my head

then i thought about seeing that and the title theme is currently playing in my head as i type this

you should totally get the game, by the way. it's great. if you need reasons why and can spare 20 minutes, you should watch

. if you haven't seen it already, that is.

if you've never played MMX1 before, there are potential spoilers near the end, but aside from that you should be fine

Edited by Mirby

if you need reasons why and can spare 20 minutes, you should watch

. if you haven't seen it already, that is.

I've always really liked egoraptor (and JonTron and GameGrumps and dadadada...), but this was definitely him at his best, I personally think. His Sequelitis stuff is my favorite. Though his new console vs. PC short is pretty rad.

Ok, so uh this: http://youtu.be/xtp5-x4hR4w

And I sat there laughing the majority of the time.

Although I understand what he's saying and where he's coming from, and his theory and thoughts on this could be valid, they just aren't. They're not valid. Period. At one point he says "well even though 3D Mario and Zelda and Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are releasing later this year for the Wii U, I think it's just too late". That was the statement that I decided made the whole review just outright bogus.

If you saw how the '360 was when it released back years ago, it didn't do very well at first. Then great games started coming around and available for the '360 about a year later and then you had Call of Duty and Halo 3 and stuff, and it ended up being a successful and great console.

So why the crap are we saying "it's too late" for the Wii U, when some of the most successful and best-selling franchises of all time are on Nintendo's side and releasing on the system? All those games he mentioned, and additionally the new Sonic Lost World and probably at some point Metroid are totally going to bring the sales of Wii U up quite a bit. His argument is just purely invalid. You just cannot say "it's too late". That's bologna.

To add on to all of that, as stated by quite a few people already, when the One was announced, the Wii U sales increased pretty dramatically, which is honestly funny. This guy cannot say that the Wii U is going to utterly fail and won't even be competition when the announcement of One literally just lead more people toward getting a Wii U. The Wii U is still in the game and will be stepping it up this holiday season. If Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda are on the system, it's gonna sell. Fact. And you cannot try to argue with that. That's just a fact.

Edited by Garrett Williamson

You can't say it's too late when it hasn't even been a year yet.

Was it too late for the 3DS? No, it recovered. Phenomenally.

As I've said elsewhere, people just like being eternal pessimists when it comes to anything Nintendo, acting like modern-day prophets and foretelling a complete doom for the company. Didn't you hear? It's the new cool hip thing to do!

This video is just another in a long line of people just trying to fit in with this hateful trend.

You can't say it's too late when it hasn't even been a year yet.

Was it too late for the 3DS? No, it recovered. Phenomenally.

As I've said elsewhere, people just like being eternal pessimists when it comes to anything Nintendo, acting like modern-day prophets and foretelling a complete doom for the company. Didn't you hear? It's the new cool hip thing to do!

This video is just another in a long line of people just trying to fit in with this hateful trend.

Exactly.

What I think is happening is the PS4 and Xbox One are the SEGA Genesises of this time era. They are the "cool" ones and Nintendo is just "childish" and stupid. I'd like someone to explain, then, why Mario is the #1 best-selling franchise of all time, Pokemon is second, Sonic, now partnered up with them, is somewhere between 11 and 14 (I think), and same with Zelda?

I think it's attacked so much because of the success Nintendo has had compared to the other two companies. Don't get me wrong; the other two companies have definitely been really successful. Sony took the place of #1 with the PS1 and PS2, and the Xbox consoles have been really successful in the past as well, but when Nintendo has been lasting as a video game company for almost 40 years and are still doing really well, you can't really beat that. And when they've got the franchises they have on their side, it's still strong competition for the other two companies, for sure.

Other companies have come and gone, like Atari and Sega (when it comes down to game consoles). And throughout all that history, Nintendo was still able to be a success. And then Mario is sort of the reason the video game crash of '83 stopped and people had interest in video games again. You sorta have to respect Mario (or Shigeru, the father of gaming ;-) ) for that. Even if he wasn't the main reason, he heavily contributed to bringing back video games, if one was to go read through history of video gaming.

Don't be bashin' around Nintendo. They've been around for nearly 124 years. :P

Edited by Garrett Williamson

I find it odd how these people act like the Gamecube never existed. That console did not sell well like crazy, still it had a lot of great games and a loyal fanbase. The Wii U will almost definitely outsell that console, yet people are yelling "DOOM". It's a total bullshit negative hype train, and I for one am amazed that so many people are jumping on it (especially reviewers and sites that I've trusted for a long time). People are acting really black and white about consoles these days, saying it's either going to be a total success or failure. No in between. I won't be surprised if the Wii U gets third in sales, but as far as it being a failure - I can't wait to see these people chew on their words after the real exclusives come out. Even with the shrinking console business, there is still room for 3 and there are still far more console gamers than there were in the Sega VS Nintendo days of yore. People are just hateful these days Also, they will complain about anything.

I find it odd how these people act like the Gamecube never existed. That console did not sell well like crazy, still it had a lot of great games and a loyal fanbase. The Wii U will almost definitely outsell that console, yet people are yelling "DOOM". It's a total bullshit negative hype train, and I for one am amazed that so many people are jumping on it (especially reviewers and sites that I've trusted for a long time). People are acting really black and white about consoles these days, saying it's either going to be a total success or failure. No in between. I won't be surprised if the Wii U gets third in sales, but as far as it being a failure - I can't wait to see these people chew on their words after the real exclusives come out. Even with the shrinking console business, there is still room for 3 and there are still far more console gamers than there were in the Sega VS Nintendo days of yore. People are just hateful these days Also, they will complain about anything.

People act like the GCN never existed?

Maybe it's just the people I'm around, but the GCN is a highly loved console by the people I know and by so much of what I see on the internet. It doesn't seem like a console that people just forgot about or pretended didn't even exist. Sure, it wasn't very successful (it didn't bomb, but compared to every other console they had, GameCube sold the least), but I think the Dreamcast was much more "forgotten" than the GCN. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I think.

When it was out and active, the Gamecube was the laughing stock of the gaming world.

It only took around half-way through the Wii cycle for the Gamecube to be viewed with rose-tinted glasses.

That's why now, gamecube game prices are starting to skyrocket in online auctions

Exactly.

What I think is happening is the PS4 and Xbox One are the SEGA Genesises of this time era. They are the "cool" ones and Nintendo is just "childish" and stupid. I'd like someone to explain, then, why Mario is the #1 best-selling franchise of all time, Pokemon is second, Sonic, now partnered up with them, is somewhere between 11 and 14 (I think), and same with Zelda?

The only reason people think I hate on the wii U or Nintendo is because I have to come in here and point it out when unfair or incorrect information is shared.

First of all, most of these Nintendo franchises started in the 80s. Whereas something else like Halo started in 2001. Zelda started in the 80s. Gears of War started 2006. Sonic the Hedgehog came out in 1991. God of War came out in 2005.

Having an extra 20 years can definitely help something have... I dunno... 20 years worth of sales more? Especially in a 90s market that isn't full of game saturation like it is now.

The figure of 95 Mario releases definitely helps demonstrate that it occured over a 25 year period.

But let's also not forget that Nintendo pretty much owned the console race from 1983 until the launch of the PSX. Some history: The PSX's origins date back to 1988 where it was originally a joint project between Nintendo and Sony to create a CD-ROM for the Super Famicom. The PlayStation made its debut at the Consumer Electronics Show in June 1991 when Sony revealed its console, a Super Famicom with a built-in CD-ROM drive. However, a day after the announcement at CES, Nintendo announced that it would be breaking its partnership with Sony, opting to go with Philips instead but using the same technology.

The deal was broken by Nintendo after they were unable to come to an agreement on how revenue would be split between the two companies.

The PSX was eventually released in December 1994.

Now just a bunch of statistics so people can have the information at their disposal. These are global totals.

Consoles/

PSX Sales: 104.25 million

NES Sales: 61.91 million

PS2 Sales: 157.68 million

SNES Sales: 49.10 million

Xbox Sales: 24.65 million

PS3 Sales: 77.33 million

Wii Sales: 99.83 million

Xbox360 Sales: 77.31 million

Wii U Sales: 3.07 million

Games/

Halo series: 56 million

God of War series: 21.57 million

Gears of War series: 19.71

Uncharted series: 17.59 million

Mario series (between 95 different titles, over 25 years): 504.04 million

Pokemon series (between 43 different titles): 218.47

Zelda series (between 21 different titles): 70.67 million

Metroid series (between 14 different titles): 17.55 million (on par with Uncharted, despite releasing in the 80s)

The Call of Duty release schedule is somewhat similar to Mario game release schedule these days, let's take a look just for kicks.

Call of Duty series, since 2003, has had 44 game releases and 162.78 million sales

Over a period of 25 years, if they kept up the current pace, this would amount to 406.95 million

The 100 million shortage could possibly be because they haven't released Call of Duty Kart yet.

-edit-

Forgot to list Gamecube. 21.74 million sales.

Nintendo 64 -- 32.93 million sales

Edited by Brandon Strader

Despite the series being old, Mario games still sell more than most other games today. I'm too lazy to look for the exact numbers, but Mario Kart Wii sold like 33 million copies, New Super Mario Bros Wii sold more than 20 million copies and Mario Galaxy sold a bit over 10 million copies.

Also, Call of Duty releasing 44 games since 2003 is incredible. Are all the Call of Duty games shooters or do they make spin offs?

Also, Call of Duty releasing 44 games since 2003 is incredible. Are all the Call of Duty games shooters or do they make spin offs?

I forgot to mention they are multi-platform, so divide that by 4 or 5 and you should get a more accurate number of games released on multiple platforms... So it's not quite as many as the 95 single-platform Nintendo games just for Mario. :-P

This is a PSX.

This is a PS1/one.

. ___ . Why others insist on calling the PSX a nickname for the first Playstation I'll never understand.

That said, nice post there Brandon.

It was because I thought they were the same thing and had never seen/heard of a different PSX in my entire life, you sir have just educated someone, nice work.