Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

I like how you didn't list handheld sales, cause last I checked the DS was the best selling system of all time, be it console or handheld.

Anyways, the Gamecube was a commercial failure for the most part; publishers were pulling support from it and stuff. Which is why Nintendo needed something big, something that would help them recover and then some.

Hence the Wii.

Despite the series being old, Mario games still sell more than most other games today. I'm too lazy to look for the exact numbers, but Mario Kart Wii sold like 33 million copies, New Super Mario Bros Wii sold more than 20 million copies and Mario Galaxy sold a bit over 10 million copies.

I think that might be part of why Wii U and the U version of NSMB sold so bad. People probably thought it was just an expansion of the existing Wii, and after seeing pictures or gameplay video of NSMB Wii U, it would not convince you otherwise. It looks like exactly the same game.

So while NSMB Wii sold 26.91 million, NSMBU sold 1.84 million since 2012 launch... ouch.

I think that might be part of why Wii U and the U version of NSMB sold so bad. People probably thought it was just an expansion of the existing Wii, and after seeing pictures or gameplay video of NSMB Wii U, it would not convince you otherwise. It looks like exactly the same game.

So while NSMB Wii sold 26.91 million, NSMBU sold 1.84 million since 2012 launch... ouch.

Yeah, because New Super Mario Bros Wii was a Wii launch title and totally didn't release when the Wii was 3 years into its life.

Oh.

Also, if it's one thing that history has shown, it's that the New Super Mario Bros games have sales legs and sell for years after their release dates, unlike other games that stop selling after a week or two.

Edited by ocre

This is a PSX.

This is a PS1/one.

. ___ . Why others insist on calling the PSX a nickname for the first Playstation I'll never understand.

PS1 was called PSX by just about everybody during its era (obviously being a brand new console there was no future telling of a sequel, so calling it PS1 wouldn't of made sense) Its not our fault years and years later Sony released an actual "PSX" (PlayStation X, a PS2 DVR) to make things confusing. =P

It stems from its codename during development (PlayStation Experimental / PSX) and it stuck unofficially, almost every magazine and review site used the acronym PSX.

The only ones who seem complain the PSX is actually the crappy PS2 DVR thing are people who weren't around during that time period.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I was THISCLOSE to biting on this...at the checkout, the first recommended item to add to my cart was Nintendoland. After a little digging, I confirmed that this is the Deluxe Console, which is different from the Deluxe Set. It's 32GB, but no game with it...looks like I'll be waiting just a little longer to pick this guy up.

I was THISCLOSE to biting on this...at the checkout, the first recommended item to add to my cart was Nintendoland. After a little digging, I confirmed that this is the Deluxe Console, which is different from the Deluxe Set. It's 32GB, but no game with it...looks like I'll be waiting just a little longer to pick this guy up.

I didn't even know there was a Deluxe SKU that doesn't come with NintendoLand... In fact I'm pretty dang sure there isn't.

Unless this is some kind of weird specific retailer-exclusive SKU, which I doubt. Just because the game was in the Recommended list doesn't mean your item doesn't include it. How deep did you dig?

Yeah, I'd never heard of that either. But, on the third page of comments for the deal:

Just spoke to a representative at Tiger Direct. They said Nintendoland is not included. When I went to checkout, it offered the game for another $50. Not a deal. Anybody have the same experience?

Also, the Model # for the offer is WUPSWAFB, whereas the Model # for the set is WUPSKAFB.

So the girl and I just got a Wii U Deluxe with New Super Mario Bros. U today.

What other games should we grab in the near future and what's on the horizon, people?

Well, I mean E3's coming up. So that should give you a few answers.

Obviously there's Zelda Wii U and the new 3D Mario title and Mario Kart U (as I'm just gonna name it, unless they do Mario Kart 8... oh please Nintendo don't make it Mario Kart 8...) and Sonic Lost World and stuff like that. But that stuff won't be released until like fall and winter and stuff.

Apparently, though, they will announce the THIRD Sonic game soon, and all three Sonic games that have been talked about will be releasing by the end of this year: http://www.sonicretro.org/2013/05/third-nintendo-exclusive-sonic-game-releasing-this-year/

Also, Brandon, hilarious picture. Just thought I'd say that as well.

I heard Zelda isn't going to be until 2015. That's waaaay too long to wait for the new Zelda.

Here's some rumors: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/more-nintendo-e3-rumors/

As for stuff that is out NOW and worth getting, you have NintendoLand right? It came with the Wii u?

If you like difficult survival games you could check out ZombiU but there's not really anything worth getting yet. There's some classics on the virtual console like Mega Man X and Kirby Super Star.

I heard Zelda isn't going to be until 2015. That's waaaay too long to wait for the new Zelda.

Here's some rumors: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/more-nintendo-e3-rumors/

As for stuff that is out NOW and worth getting, you have NintendoLand right? It came with the Wii u?

If you like difficult survival games you could check out ZombiU but there's not really anything worth getting yet. There's some classics on the virtual console like Mega Man X and Kirby Super Star.

Sorry, I meant Wind Waker remake. My mistake. Though I do know that they are planning to do that, yes.

Unfortunate we'll be waiting that long. That isn't like surprising or like "whoa that long" because it sorta isn't even that long... that's sorta normal to hear. Though I would've liked it if it was releasing in 2014. Oh well.

Sorry, I meant Wind Waker remake. My mistake. Though I do know that they are planning to do that, yes.

Unfortunate we'll be waiting that long. That isn't like surprising or like "whoa that long" because it sorta isn't even that long... that's sorta normal to hear. Though I would've liked it if it was releasing in 2014. Oh well.

In terms of they should have had it ready, I'd say it is a hell of a long time, especially with people specifically waiting for it to buy a Wii U. That's FAR too long. It could have been in development in advance if it meant having it out this summer.

If the rumor about a FF remake on the Wii U is true, and depending on what it is, we could be seeing a Wii U sales boom. Or a lot of pissed off people, depends on what the announcement is. :-)

I really doubt that people are sitting on their hands waiting for a Final Fantasy game for a Nintendo home console. We haven't had that since the Wii Crystal Chronicles. And that didn't sell very well either. Not saying it wouldn't be nice.

A lot of those rumors are pretty damn vague or no-brainer stuff. "•A new Nintendo 3DS revision is expected, but not within the next two years." lol really? Pretty weak.

There's no credibility whatsoever in your '2015' date for Zelda U. Skyward Sword came out in 2011 so they've been working on it for a couple of years now.

I expect Wind Waker HD, however, this year or early next year at latest.

Also: Malaki, Game & Wario is hitting in June 23rd for a $39.99, while Pikmin 3 hits August 4th!

Edited by ocre

Well right now we have New Super Mario Bros. U, NintendoLand, and we grabbed Super Metroid for $0.33 earlier. I've played a few levels of NSMBU, and I think I like it quite a bit thus far.

I'd REALLY love to hear word on a new Final Fantasy title if that rumor were true. Hell, even if it were just a Wii U version of FFXIV 2.0 that'd be great, and I think given the functionality between the Wii U, the GamePad, and the 3DS, a Wii U Crystal Chronicles would work pretty well, but I dunno.

Much like FFX ain't my favorite FF game, Wind Waker isn;'t my favorite Zelda game, so I don't really know if I'd be keen on grabbing it unless they added more dungeons, less stupid fetch quests. I guess we'll be waiting on e3, but we pretty much grabbed the thing on the promise of what's on the horizon.

Honestly, I think this has turned into Nintendo's strategy all along; get their latest system out in Nov./Dec., then wait a few months 'til e3 to release actual news when everyone's starved for new releases.