Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

So far we just have the Gamepad and an extra Wiimote plus, but we'll be getting another Wiimote by Tuesday which is great since I'll have the day off and a friend will be visiting us, so more chaos!

And hot damn is NintendoLand fun. We just finished playing about 2 hours of it just the two of us, and so much laughing and rage was had. Definitely don't regret grabbing the system now.

Also is there any word on an actual release schedule for the Wii U virtual console? The fact that they haven't just shifted everything on the Wii version to the new one is a bit vexing. My girlfriend got me Super Mario RPG for the Wii store and we immediately thought we'd be able to transfer that to the Wii U. Can't do a damn thing until they actually release the game on the Wii U VC.

Annoyance.

Also is there any word on an actual release schedule for the Wii U virtual console? The fact that they haven't just shifted everything on the Wii version to the new one is a bit vexing. My girlfriend got me Super Mario RPG for the Wii store and we immediately thought we'd be able to transfer that to the Wii U. Can't do a damn thing until they actually release the game on the Wii U VC.

Annoyance.

Didnt the Big N say that the VC wii games are not going to be transferrable to the WiiU.

I transferred all my vc and wiiware games to the Wii U. You will need an sd card but the transfer tool should already be on the Wii U else you can download it. If you're referring to full gamepad support, you'll have to wait for each game, but you can definitely transfer and play all of the games on the Wii emulator channel.....I think. Have you tried accessing Wii shop from the Wii channel itself?

Didnt the Big N say that the VC wii games are not going to be transferrable to the WiiU.

No. They didn't.

Also,

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_system_transfer.jsp?menu=how_to&submenu=wup-transfer-ht-content

Edited by megadave
link to how to guide

Annoyance.

you can just access it from the wii menu on your wii u...

or if it's on a different system transfer it to your wii u

Unfortunately, I think are doing the "release one or two ROMs a week" bit just like with the Wii. Meaning [*insert game here*] could be next week, it could be years, it could be never :/

To be fair though, I don't think the VC service is out yet, this is like an early preview. So I could be wrong. We'll see.

Edit: Oops no it looks like the preview program is over with. So yeah, probably just a handful of ROMs every week, and unless its leaked, nobody knows what gets released.

Edited by Crowbar Man

I mean using the ability to play from your Gamepad. I already have the ability to play the stuff on the system, I'm just wondering when they'll actually be releasing the Wii U version so I can pay the fee, and play the game on the GamePad.

Super Metroid got me hooked on that shit.

i see

i really want to do that with paper mario favorite game of all time

Something odd going on, Nintendo seems to be collecting all the unsold white Wii U's 8GB. Some people are calling it a recall, but Nintendo's official response is they are just "moving around stock"

Why? Possibilities:

They have discontinued the 8GB SKU and are moving the units over to stores that need them and sell more of them

They are repurposing them for a new unannounced SKU

Keep in mind, in Japan they just announced a new White 32GB Deluxe SKU, so it is very possible they no longer plan on keeping the Basic model around at all. (Maybe price drop coming?) The Basic SKU is kinda lame anyways

Also some new items announced for Japan:

32GB White Premium Wii U i mentioned earlier

Official rechargeable batteries for Wiimotes - Finally!

Official charge stand for Wiimote batteries

Extended Battery for Wii U Gamepad (Est 5-8 Hrs vs 3-5 Hrs of the original)

Edited by Crowbar Man

The anticipation of E3 is killing me. What is Retro Studios making for Nintendo this time? What is Square's secret Wii U project? I'm also hoping the new Mario Kart will have voice chat and video integration. Could you imagine the amount of cursing that would be going on while playing that game? Anyway this thread is going to be blowing up next week. What are you guys looking forward to?

Why would you let your 5 year old cousin online? with voice chat turned on? <_<

Having the option to use voice chat is still better than not having it at all :/

That aside, I'm really really really excited to see what the next Mario looks like. E3 can't come faster

Edited by Crowbar Man

hmmm.... I used to be a die hard Nintendo fan. all the way up to the GCN.

I loved Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Smash Bros, Mario stuff (Sunshine, Kart, etc),... hmm... ran out of stuff. I couldn't get into metroid or much else. So I went to xbox because of online multiplayer and cool games at that point i was just starting high school and all my friends had one. LAN parties were great.

now after owning a 360 and ignoring the Wii completely, I'm looking back at the WiiU due to xbox one and PS4 reveals.

the Wii U might be might next purchase only if these first party exclusives are amazing looking.

Wii U owners, are you content with your purchases and what is your gameplay schedule like?

hmmm.... I used to be a die hard Nintendo fan. all the way up to the GCN.

I loved Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, Smash Bros, Mario stuff (Sunshine, Kart, etc),... hmm... ran out of stuff. I couldn't get into metroid or much else. So I went to xbox because of online multiplayer and cool games at that point i was just starting high school and all my friends had one. LAN parties were great.

now after owning a 360 and ignoring the Wii completely, I'm looking back at the WiiU due to xbox one and PS4 reveals.

the Wii U might be might next purchase only if these first party exclusives are amazing looking.

Wii U owners, are you content with your purchases and what is your gameplay schedule like?

I'm glad I purchased the console, but the common complaint is games. I'm confident that Nintendo's first party games will be amazing, and I'm really looking forward to this fall. That's when things are finally supposed to heat up. Right now, there aren't enough games. It's a well of untapped potential. That said, 3rd party support is still stronger than it was during the early Wii days (we're finally seeing all of those 'bro' games that usually grace the other consoles), and indie developers are jumping on one by one. I also can't wait to play Ducktales Remastered, D&D Mystaria, Wind Waker, Mario Kart. There's also Pikmin and Wonderful 101 coming soon, so it's shaping up.

I'd still say wait until E3 - If you like what you see then go for it. There' going to be some cool stuff announced next week. While I'm here I will mention some perks - Being able to continue many of your games outside on the poarch or in the restroom is great, and with the lack of DRM and anti-consumer measure associated with the console compared to the others, it's quite an attractive little buy. Still, regarding the release schedule, the original Wii didn't heat up until the 2nd year so I'm expecting the same for this console. Patience is a must. I would definitely grab the deluxe version by the way....well worth the extra 50.