Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Its not horrible logic. Its just another subseries in the many many many subseries of Mario:

Mainline Series (SMB1, 2, 3, World, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2)

Land

Kart

Paint

Paper Mario

Mario & Luigi

Donkey Kong (non-Country)

Party

Golf

Tennis

Pinball

Strikers

Sports Mix

Mario & Sonic

NSMB

etc etc

and now the newest subseries:

"3D" ("3D Land" / "3D World")

Doesn't seem that far fetched this would be a new sub series to me, considering Mario has a TON subseries. but apparently people are throwing a fit about me even suggesting its not a part of the Mainline

And I know it didn't start with Mario 64, but the mainline series has moved onto a 3D platforming series since then.

When they revisited 2D platforming, they made sure to to give a different sub series designation ("New Super Mario Bros")

I currently see 3D Land/World having the "3D" in the title being a subseries designation like "New" is to NSMB.

*Shrugs* Makes sense to me, but apparently that's horribly offensive to people and makes them want to argue so

Again, if they NEVER make another full fledged 3D Mario title, and they stick with the style "3D" series introduced than I am wrong. This is a mainline title. If they release a game like 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, then I was right this is a new subseries.

But we wont know anything until it happens. So lets just enjoy 3D World for what it is now OKAY PEOPLE? :)

Mainline or not, I can't wait for it!

Edited by Crowbar Man

I guess "reasonable people with brains" can't read clearly designated titles, and want to lob everything into the same series even though they are completely different. Nintendo must of ACCIDENTALLY gave these games subseries designations and I'm a complete moron for noticing them.

Gotcha. Sorry for being organized, I'll just dump all these games/series/spinoffs/etc into a "Mario" category because there isn't any differences.

Galaxy, NSMB, 3D Land ALL THE SAME GAME. Heck lets just dump Party, Golf, etc in there too. Its got Mario, its all the same now.

Boy do I feel stupid for seeing a difference between subseries now!

Now that we are past how clearly dumb I am:

Can we enjoy 3D World now?

Edited by Crowbar Man

it's not your organization it's your horrible assumption that the idea 'main series' applies to only what you want it to apply to.

i'd have probably been more excited for a galaxy style game. but being like 'it's not a main series game' because it's not is dumb.

just played nintendo land with non-gamer friends it was a blast

I guess "reasonable people with brains" can't read clearly designated titles, and want to lob everything into the same series even though they are completely different. Nintendo must of ACCIDENTALLY gave these games subseries designations and I'm a complete moron for noticing them.

Gotcha. Sorry for being organized, I'll just dump all these games/series/spinoffs/etc into a "Mario" category because there isn't any differences.

Galaxy, NSMB, 3D Land ALL THE SAME GAME. Heck lets just dump Party, Golf, etc in there too. Its got Mario, its all the same now.

Boy do I feel stupid for seeing a difference between subseries now!

Now that we are past how clearly dumb I am:

Can we enjoy 3D World now?

micheal-jackson-thriller-popcorn-animated.gif?w=490

Really I think this line of conversation has exhausted itself. It's obvious we're getting nowhere.

On-topic: CHARGIN CHUCK RETURNS

STILL HYPED ABOUT THAT GAH

It doesn't make sense that you're right if they make another galaxy type game and you're wrong if they don't. How does that reflect if the game is part of the main series or not? Really its up to the creators of the games as to how they are classed, its pretty subjective territory.

Phanto.gif

FUCK

I'm hesitant to count Phanto because it hasn't been in any other game than Doki Doki Panic

If Phanto came back... oh man. That would be the day. But yeah, Phanto aside, chargin' chuck is the worst. Scared the shit out of me in SMW as a kid.

EDIT:just in case someone forgot:

So how about those Wii Us, huh guys?
Edited by Anorax

It doesn't make sense that you're right if they make another galaxy type game and you're wrong if they don't. How does that reflect if the game is part of the main series or not? Really its up to the creators of the games as to how they are classed, its pretty subjective territory.

Exactamundo.

Also, there's a shareholder's meeting on the 27th.

We got our first shots at what became Return to Dream Land from a similar meeting, perhaps this one will also yield some surprises.

What I've gotten from the past from the past 4 pages leaves me with this response.

Hey Crowbar Man, Super Mario 3D Land is a f-ing main title, so shut up and stop trying to say it's not when it is a fact that it is in FACT a main title.

Seriously, shut up. That's like someone saying the sky is blue and you refusing to believe that, with you saying that it's purple when it is clearly blue.

If we need to get so specific, it is a handheld main series title. Does that make you feel any better?

G-Mixer: There's no need to get antagonistic and tell anyone to "shut up". Consider this a warning.

At the end of the day, there are a bunch of people in this thread who are just expressing the opinion that games such as 3D Land are OK, but not on the same level (gameplay, graphics, music, innovation, etc.) as titles like Super Mario Galaxy, and we want to see another game like *that*. I don't know why people find this offensive and seem to literally get angry about it. It relates to the WiiU because some people - myself included - would consider such a game to be a major selling point for the system as a whole, and so we're eagerly awaiting news on that front.

I don't know why people find this offensive and seem to literally get angry about it.

you're conflating what you've been saying with what others have been talking about; there's a difference between saying 'I hope that they make another 3D exploration based Mario game' and 'Mario 3D Land and 3D World are objectively not Mario games because I said so'

nobody is disagreeing with you zircon but if you really think that what Crowbar Man has been saying is correct or valid in any capacity then people are going to start disagreeing with you real quick

'Mario 3D Land and 3D World are objectively not Mario games because I said so'

Note: I never said this. I don't want to bring up the "argument" again, but please don't put words in my mouth. You should reread my posts if that is what you think I said

I never got antagonistic either, multiple people have said harsh things to me, and I've just pointed out simple things. I've said nothing but GOOD things about 3D Land, while remaining excited for the Super Mario 3D World. Which I still am! :) I can't wait!

(EDIT: Also, on the chance I am correct and a new Mario is created in the style of 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, you guys are going to look pretty silly honestly. I'll make sure to pull back up this thread =P If I am right we get BOTH 3D World and Super Mario TITLEGOESHERE. If I'm wrong then we still get 3D World. Both are situations are good, but isn't the previous even BETTER? I don't get why people are mad at that suggestion. That is my last bit on the subject, because I'm sure someone will still get mad at this post for some reason. You can PM me or what have you)

Edited by Crowbar Man

Note: I never said this. I don't want to bring up the "argument" again, but don't put words in my mouth. You should reread my posts if that is what you think I said

I never got antagonistic either, multiple people have said harsh things to me, and I've just pointed out simple things. I've said nothing but GOOD things about 3D Land, while remaining excited for the Super Mario 3D World. Which I still am! :) I can't wait!

(EDIT: Also, on the chance I am correct and a new Mario is created in the style of 64/Sunshine/Galaxy, you guys are going to look pretty silly honestly. I'll make sure to pull back up this thread =P If I am right we get BOTH 3D World and Super Mario TITLEGOESHERE. If I'm wrong then we still get 3D World. Both are situations are good, but isn't the previous even BETTER? I don't get why people are mad at that suggestion. That is my last bit on the subject, because I'm sure someone will still get mad at this post for some reason. You can PM me or what have you)

i don't think you know how to read i really don't

especially your own writing

Speaking of not reading: Feel free to insult me some more in PMs, but lets return this back to the Wii U now, OK? OK. :)

Super Luigi U - June 19 2013 (DLC), July 13 2013 (Stand Alone Retail)

Game & Wario - June 23, 2013

Pikmin 3 - August 4, 2013

Wonderful 101 - Sept 15, 2013

Zelda Wind Waker HD - October 2013

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - November 2013

Super Mario 3D World - December 2013

Mario Kart 8 - Spring 2014

Bayoneta 2 - TBA 2014

Super Smash Bros - TBA 2014

EXCITEMENT!!! Good times to be had in Nintendo land and good times ahead!

Edited by Crowbar Man

the word you meant to use here is objective

What I mean is that Nintendo could class it however they wanted and that's how it would be seen as. Many spin off titles are just as deep and inventive as the main series they come from.

Whether they make another 64/Sunshine/Galaxy or not (they probably will) in no way proves that the other games were not of the main series. Deviating from a specific gameplay style and returning to it later does not indicate that the games in between were of a sub series. I mean with that logic you could make a just as stupid argument that the whole 64/Sunshine/Galaxy games were a subseries not part of the main 2d side scrolling series that mario is rofl.

Edited by Foxdyfx

I think that Super Mario 3D World is kind of a spiritual successor to Super Mario World. In its own unique way.

Also, Super Mario World introduces the Yoshi, 3D World introduces this:

th?id=HB.210639670869&w=98&h=108&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=70

It seems as if they're trying to bring the same Mario (from the snes) that inspired us as kids, to this generation of consoles (and generation of players) in its own unique way :).

I absolutely love the new cat suit idea, and the game play looks amazing :-D.

Edit: I also found this Article by Time Magazine: http://techland.time.com/2013/06/14/exploring-super-mario-3d-world-with-its-development-team/.

Edited by Cosmic Sounds