Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

It would be kind of weird for someone who wanted 3rd party titles to have hung on all these years (since 2006) and waited for the most expensive and worst performing (bad ports) and least supported of the three (360/PS3/Wii U) for 3rd party games. I really don't think people are buying Wii U specifically for 3rd party support. That would be a terrible and expensive mistake, and someone completely ignoring reality and history. Its possible I suppose... but lol

Edited by Crowbar Man

Listen, I'm not going to sit here and try to convince anyone otherwise, because some people like it, and that's fine, but my main point is:

How on earth is Nintendo worse?

How is Nintendo better? Everyone makes an exception for Nintendo. Why?

There were 6 Halo titles for XBOX360 over the course of 10 years.

Between the 3DS and the Wii U we're going to have 4. The first being Super Mario 3D Land that was released at the tail end of 2011, the most recent being Super Mario 3D World to be release before the end of this year. Surely we'll at least see a Super Paper Mario Wii U or 3D.

So that's just my point: I don't think Nintendo is any worse than any other developer doing that, but I certainly don't hold them at a higher respect because they're Nintendo; Not anymore.

I'm about as excited for Super Mario Bros 3D World as I am for the Fast and the Furious 6.

Exactly. Nintendo was at a really high point for some time but they just aren't king of this mountain anymore. They might still be on the mountain and doing fine, but they just aren't the best anymore. Sony took the crown with the PS1. And basically Nintendo has had a few moments since then where they take it back, but Nintendo just isn't at their best like they used to be.

There were 6 Halo titles for XBOX360 over the course of 10 years.

Between the 3DS and the Wii U we're going to have 4. The first being Super Mario 3D Land that was released at the tail end of 2011, the most recent being Super Mario 3D World to be release before the end of this year. Surely we'll at least see a Super Paper Mario Wii U or 3D.

You're going to compare six games in a series being released over the course of eight years on a single console to four games being released over the course of two years on two different systems? When two of those games are completely different than the other two (3D platformer vs. 2D platformer), whereas the six Halo games are all FPS?

That's really stretching it, dude.

You're going to compare six games in a series being released over the course of eight years on a single console to four games being released over the course of two years on two different systems? When two of those games are completely different than the other two (3D platformer vs. 2D platformer), whereas the six Halo games are all FPS?

That's really stretching it, dude.

Yes. Absolutely I am. Because Nintendo has blurred the line enough to where I no longer feel that any of them offer a unique experience. 100%. And that's my personal opinion, I know, but clearly I'm not the only one either.

So you are combining the 2D/3D series AND 3DS (handheld) /Wii U (console)? and even trying to throw Paper Mario in there?

And you can't see the difference between heavily recycled low quality slop (F&F6) and SM3DWorld?

Okay then. Guess we'll have to disagree. At the very least I'd say you never played 3D Land to have this opinion.I think a lot of people who are saying these kinds of things haven't played 3D Land.

Anywho, there are more than just Mario platformer games coming out to the Wii U (Never thought i'd see the day were people would complain there was "too much Mario platformers" lol). Pikmin 3 for example, which the 2nd game was 2004. Mario Kart and Smash generally only have one entry per console

That aside Rama: We are at least at an point where you can say they aren't really worse. Brandon has put them underneath every single dev/publisher on the face of the planet (except Sega)

Edited by Crowbar Man

Quite the contrary. I'm actually still playing it on-and-off and haven't yet beaten it because I find it very meh.

But yes, I don't think Nintendo is any worse than EA, and I can agree to disagree.

I think Nintendo is far better than EA in meaning of sports. Doesn't matter what it is, I think sports games are bullcrap, unless it's like racing or something that's not easy to just go do outside.

If it's the actual sport, then cool. But to play a video game about something you can go outside and do just seems completely pointless. Especially stuff like baseball and football and basketball. Like seriously.

Not that I'm a big fan of sports games myself, but how easy is it to go out and find two teams of people to play football or baseball?

Or maybe some people live in a big city that doesn't have a public baseball field or football field or whatever?

How about the fact you could go watch an football game or baseball game live. On your TV or in person.

Seriously, sports games just seem pointless to me.

As a former baseball/soccer player, I can tell you that I get a far, far different sort of enjoyment out of playing a sports video game than I do watching a match. (Heck, I actually can't stand watching a whole soccer game.)

Having said that, a "new game" (read: DLC priced as a full game) every 12 months is freaking ridiculous. And I, personally, actually prefer "generic" sports games vs. "real" sports games where you play with the REAL PLAYERS! in the ACTUAL REAL LIFE STADIUM! because it's more fun to build a team from scratch.

On the topic of Wii U: I'm still not sold on the console, myself, but that's because the only reason I'd get a Wii/Wii U is for party games and games for my wife. Given that, a Wii with Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and a couple of games she'd enjoy makes too much more sense to me than the Wii U.

As far as sports: Some people like sports, some people don't. Simple difference of opinion there.

A company who makes most of their money off yearly installments that have stagnated, along with practicing anti competitive measures such as blocking the license for anybody else to use, repetitively participates in anti consumer moves, and destroys studios that they've acquired are all a much much bigger problem then "Hey we make sports games."

If all they did was make sports games I wouldn't have an issue with that. Not personally interested either way but no issue

Melbu Frahma:

But then you are stuck in SD resolution and GameCube graphics and your software lineup is older stuff and nothing new. Plus you are missing the weird new touchscreen/pad feature that Wii U offers. You can also play Wii games on the Wii U so you can actually still pick up some of those cheaper/older Wii games

Not a bad recommendation otherwise. Definitely a good idea on a budget if you haven't already bought a Wii (and every good game on it) and don't mind not having the latest titles out there. Lots of good fun to be had on ye old Wii

Edited by Crowbar Man

How about the fact you could go watch an football game or baseball game live. On your TV or in person.

Seriously, sports games just seem pointless to me.

How about you dress in a cat suit, eat some mushrooms, and go outside? Sports games aren't the only games that emulate real life activities that you, yourself, can perform. Your logic is as unreasonable as your irrational hate for EA.