Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

I'm going to pick up Rayman sometime this year. I remember Raving Rabbids on Wii and that was just a spinoff so I'm basically new to the series. I recently decided to give the challenges app/demo a try on Wii U. It's very fun just screams quality all around. The graphics, the music, the ability to play as a red-headed female viking has pretty much sold me. I also really like the touchscreen sections.

Raymond Legends isn't even a Wii U exclusive, you could get it on Steam, or PS3, or whatever.... I'll get it on Steam eventually...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-03-bethesda-the-time-for-convincing-publishers-and-developers-to-support-wii-u-has-long-past

^ This is sad but the guy has a great point.

I probably want the Wii U to succeed more than anyone but they can't be cutting corners like that.

And wheres my Wii U pokemon rpg? What's this Pokemon Rumble U nonsense?! That's the complete opposite of what they should be making -- make a real pokemon rpg, not more shovelware. :cry:

I'll be honest

I now am starting to see it as you are just trying to find ways to complain about the Wii U

Responses like this are inflammatory (trying to start a fight) rather than contributing to the conversation in any meaningful way.

tOCxf7r.gif

It's worth discussing. Maybe now that it's Bethesda instead of just EA people won't be brushing it off as "Eh well EA sucks anyway"

Responses like this are inflammatory (trying to start a fight) rather than contributing to the conversation in any meaningful way.

It's worth discussing. Maybe now that it's Bethesda instead of just EA people won't be brushing it off as "Eh well EA sucks anyway"

Bethesda has never made any attempt to make anything worthwhile on a Nintendo console yet they keep getting asked about Nintendo every month for some reason.

When the Wii U was brand new they wanted to take a "wait and see" approach, now they say they weren't there from the beginning.

Their input is totally irrelevant. Also, interesting that you are calling G-Mixer out for being 'inflammatory' when you find a way to put down the Wii U every time you post.

Also: I would've liked to play Skyrim or the next Elder Scrolls game on Wii U but Bethesda couldn't even port the 360-lead version of Skyrim onto the PS3 right. They're doing themselves a favor limiting the number of platforms they choose to work on.

On Rayman Legends, many sites are saying the Wii U version is the way to go since it both sports the most content (includes several touch screen levels that the Vita doesn't) and the Murfy touch screen stuff that was designed to work with the GamePad doesn't feel as intuitive on the other versions of the game. And another thing, the Wii U version of the game sold better than any other version of the game during it's first week on sale in the UK (45% on Wii U).

Edited by ocre

Bethesda has never made any attempt to make anything worthwhile on a Nintendo console yet they keep getting asked about Nintendo every month for some reason.

When the Wii U was brand new they wanted to take a "wait and see" approach, now they say they weren't there from the beginning.

Interesting. Yeah you can't "wait and see" for something that is supposed to have happened already, eh? Was it the same guy who said the wait and see thing, or someone else?
Their input is totally irrelevant. Also, interesting that you are calling G-Mixer out for being 'inflammatory' when you find a way to put down the Wii U every time you post.

I never put the Wii U down. I point out areas where Nintendo needs to improve. The Wii U system itself and Miiverse is awesome.

On Rayman Legends, many sites are saying the Wii U version is the way to go since it both sports the most content (includes several touch screen levels that the Vita doesn't) and the Murfy touch screen stuff that was designed to work with the GamePad doesn't feel as intuitive on the other versions of the game. And another thing, the Wii U version of the game sold better than any other version of the game during it's first week on sale in the UK (45% on Wii U).

It doesn't really matter unless the Wii U version has online co-op and the PC version does not. z_z If none of them have it then the whole gamepad thing doesn't matter anyway....

Interesting. Yeah you can't "wait and see" for something that is supposed to have happened already, eh? Was it the same guy who said the wait and see thing, or someone else?

The exact same guy, Pete Hines. He never mentions anything about Nintendo not coming to Bethesda for input. He talks generally about new systems being hard to develop for because they are constantly changing and, funnily enough, acknowledges that install bases starts back at 0 for new consoles. (At this point the Wii U was about 2 months from being launched.)

But yeah, I say this kind of thing is an issue for many developers because they want to limit the number of platforms they have to put effort into. Again, Bethesda delivered a broken PS3 version of Skyrim.

Edited by ocre

The exact same guy, Pete Hines. He never mentions anything about Nintendo not coming to Bethesda for input. He talks generally about new systems being hard to develop for because they are constantly changing and, funnily enough, acknowledges that install bases starts back at 0 for new consoles. (At this point the Wii U was about 2 months from being launched.)

But yeah, I say this kind of thing is an issue for many developers because they want to limit the number of platforms they have to put effort into. Again, Bethesda delivered a broken PS3 version of Skyrim.

EH. What a douche then. It seems like he just wrote the Wii U off and then made an excuse later, trying to pass it off as some kind of revisionist history. And I gobbled it up like a watermelon in Harlem because Bethesda games on Wii U could be awesome. Like the Skyrim map on the gamepad, like that article said. :-(

EH. What a douche then. It seems like he just wrote the Wii U off and then made an excuse later, trying to pass it off as some kind of revisionist history. And I gobbled it up like a watermelon in Harlem because Bethesda games on Wii U could be awesome. Like the Skyrim map on the gamepad, like that article said. :-(

Wow.

But yeah, Skyrim on Wii U would've been awesome, if Bethesda were capable of doing it right. I would've liked to have seen an Oblivion GOTY type thing happen. But alas.

As for writing off Wii U, EA did the same thing with Mass Effect 3. Sure, it was going to come to Wii U, but then they announce that the Mass Effect Trilogy would come to PS3 and Xbox 360. And Mass Effect 3 wasn't even full featured. It was a gimp version. They couldn't have expected it to sell well when they sabotaged it like that.

Also, interesting that you are calling G-Mixer out for being 'inflammatory' when you find a way to put down the Wii U every time you post.

this is exactly what I was trying to state

did I just read a post from brandon strader where he mentions contributing to a conversation in a meaningful way

surely irony this thick cannot exist without suffocating a few people

lol

Also, interesting that you are calling G-Mixer out for being 'inflammatory' when you find a way to put down the Wii U every time you post.

Yes, but the Wii U is not a person. So even if he were putting it down like a rabid Doberman, it's not inflammatory. Although, to be fair, I didn't really think G-Mixer's comment was bad. He just said what he thought. I don't agree though. Brandon is also just saying what he thinks. It turns out we're all very opinionated here. Hahaha.

Yes, but the Wii U is not a person. So even if he were putting it down like a rabid Doberman, it's not inflammatory.
Yes, but *insert religion here* is not a person. So even if he were putting it down like a rabid Doberman, it's not inflammatory.
Yes, but *insert race here* is not a person. So even if he were putting it down like a rabid Doberman, it's not inflammatory.
Yes, but *insert something you care about here* is not a person. So even if he were putting it down like a rabid Doberman, it's not inflammatory.

do you see where i'm going with this

I dunno... "awesome", or "smothered in bloom"? I can't decide if I dislike it or not.

My eyes hurt slightly from it. 8O

Well, not really, but it does hide a lot of the color, I think. making everything brighter isn't exactly making it better, especially when there is a lot of blur added (like at 0:35: http://youtu.be/7PFuEXqsW8Q )

I still would get it if I had a Wii U, though. :)