Online Multiplayer

Creation of State & Region Clubs

Planned Events:

Tennis

Boxing

Golf

Bowling

Baseball

Each event can be purchased on separately. Each has a 24 hour trial, a $1.99 day pass afterwards, and a full unlimited version purchase for $9.99

Tennis & Bowling will be available Nov 7th on the eShop, the other 3 events TBA

Wii Fit U

Game includes all your favorite activities from Wii Fit / Plus, plus 19 new activities (77 Total). The game also makes use of a new accessory for keeping fit: The Fit Meter!

wii-fit-u-fit-meter.png

Instead of using a simple single axis like a pedometer, it has 3 axis and a pressure meter. The Fit Meter is said to not only count steps, but also record intensity and elevation.

For people who previously purchased a Wii Fit Board, you will be able to play the game basically for free!

From Nov 1st until December 30th, the game will be available on the eShop. Once you download the game, it will be in a free full game 30-day trail.

If you like the game and would like to keep it permanently you can purchase a Wii Fit Meter ($19.99), once synced your game is unlocked to the full version

The Fit Meter is said to not only count steps, but also record intensity and elevation.

The game will be available in different bundles at retail (Game+Meter and Game+Meter+Board) on December 13th. No prices set, but I imagine $59 for Game+Meter and $99 for the Board+Meter+Game.

A regular non-free eShop purchase will be available Feb 1st next year.

Wii Fit U Direct:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/09-18-2013/

Edited by Crowbar Man

Wahey, I finally finished the W101 last night.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADYUV6ouGjNiA

It's an incredibly tough game to get into but the rewards were worth it. A ridiculously overextended final boss (but who wasn't expecting that :razz:). Some might say the character models are barely above PS2 level graphics but they are crisp and clean and there are up to 200 characters on the screen at a time, plus enemies, plus a ridiculously vibrant environment that just sings to you.

After 6 months of drought this, following so hot on the heals of Pikmin 3, has really restored my faith in the console. And I suppose it's wind waker next then :)

Rayman Legends is indeed awesome. I'm at about 650 teensies resuced but I think I hit my limit. Living Dead Party's "retro" musical levels are murder on my eyes and about the only glaring misstep in the game.

I haven't gotten too far in Wonderful 101 yet, but far enough to know that Normal difficulty ain't for me. I think I'll switch to easy mode and make a little more steady progress.

So me and my sister bought the Special edition wii u, and It's great. unfortunately we already had a copy of wind waker pre-ordered and we already own hyrule historia. so now we have two useless download codes. But the special gamepad is pretty sweet.

Your good friend Brandon has none of those things, but has decent internet which allows for downloading :-D

Rayman Legends is indeed awesome. I'm at about 650 teensies resuced but I think I hit my limit. Living Dead Party's "retro" musical levels are murder on my eyes and about the only glaring misstep in the game.

I haven't gotten too far in Wonderful 101 yet, but far enough to know that Normal difficulty ain't for me. I think I'll switch to easy mode and make a little more steady progress.

Thalzon, just one pointer before you do make that switch.

1) Did you buy unite guts and unite chain? You can get them right after the prologue and the thing is... the game doesn't tell you whether you should or shouldn't get them, but you definitely should. In fact I'd go as far as to say they are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL and there are parts of the first level which will beat you to a pulp if you can't reflect enemy attacks back at the enemy.

It just so happened that I did buy them but not realise their usefulness until about 3 hours into the game. It's big flaw is it doesn't signpost these things. Going back and replaying I can kill enemies that took ten minutes first time around in about 30 seconds, if only i'd known then what I know by the end of the game, never mind the new abilities you learn :-x

Oh, yes, I bought them and discerned their use by the end of the second level (where you fight the big sword guy in the stadium). I'm just really, really bad at action games. I did the same thing with Bayonetta -- after a few tries on normal, and ranking low/dying too much, I switched to easy for something more in line with my skill level.

4.0 Update (4.0 U)

Version 4.0.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

New Features:

* A feature to output video and sound to the Wii U GamePad when using Wii Mode¹

* Users can choose to output to the TV and GamePad, or just the TV

* A feature to automatically receive recommended software and demo titles from Nintendo using SpotPass

* Support for USB keyboards

* An option to disable use of a Nintendo Network ID on non-Nintendo hardware, such as PCs and smartphones

* Support for Dolby® Pro Logic® II Surround Sound when playing Wii software

Changes to Wii U Menu:

* Added a friend list icon to the Wii U Menu for easier access to the Friend List

Changes to System Settings:

* An option to automatically receive recommended software is now available under "Internet"

* A setting to select which cable outputs sound is available through "TV"

* Users can choose to output sound through an HDMI cable, non-HDMI cable, or both cables at the same time.

* A setting to adjust the hourly interval in which standby functions are performed is available under "Power Settings" when Standby Functions are enabled

Changes to Wii U Chat:

* Added the option to view a friend's profile on Miiverse when sending or receiving a chat request

* Users can now chat using a headset connected to the Wii U GamePad

Changes to Internet Browser:

* Pressing the R or L Buttons on the Wii U GamePad will skip video playback forward/back a small amount of time

* Holding the R Button will speed up video playback

* Ability to save username and passwords for websites that require login²

* Ability to launch the Internet Browser during gameplay and upload screenshots

* Added support for viewing PDF files³

* Added features intended for website developers that allow the user to enable developer tools and set user agent

* Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Lots of new features, Wii games on the GamePad!

Edited by Crowbar Man

Your good friend Brandon has none of those things, but has decent internet which allows for downloading :-D
So me and my sister bought the Special edition wii u, and It's great. unfortunately we already had a copy of wind waker pre-ordered and we already own hyrule historia. so now we have two useless download codes. But the special gamepad is pretty sweet.

Your good friend Brandon is now the proud owner of a Wind Waykah and a book thing! Many thanks to Darkomega99 and wife!

Your good friend Brandon is now the proud owner of a Wind Waykah and a book thing! Many thanks to Darkomega99 and Sister!

No problem! Now we just have to wait for our copy arrives in a week or so. Until then, Nintendoland!

EDIT:

What's up with Nintendo Network ID's? I thought it would be the same as my nintendo.com account like how you link that to your 3ds eShop account.

Edited by Darkomega99

Lots of cool stuff in the 10/1/13 Nintendo Direct:

New Trailer for Super Mario 3D World (which looks even more amazing!)

Sonic confirmed for the next Smash

Mario & Luigi themed Wii Remote Plus

Oct 25th for Wii Party U, some of the mini games look rather cool

First round of Pikmin 3 DLC!! One free additional Mission Mode stage, and additional Mission Mode stage available for just $1.99

Bad news:

DKR:TF is being pushed till Feb.. thugh thats better for my wallet anyways

3rd Party Games coming up:

Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Game (Exclusive) Nov 15th

Sonic Lost World (Exclusive) Oct 29th

For those that don't have a PS3/360/PC:

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Oct. 22)

Batman: Arkham Origins (Oct. 25),

Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (Oct. 29).

Edited by Crowbar Man

My Wii U came in today - now I'm just waiting for my TV to come in to start playing it :) .

No no plug it into power socket, turn it on, it play -- no TV

I was SUPER skeptical of Super Mario 3D World, but this NEW trailer looks amazing. They really brought it with the particles and the environmental FX, something I didn't see earlier, and the graphics look really sweet. I also picked up Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS and it's a lot of fun too.

Edited by Brandon Strader