Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

It seems like skyward sword is the new cool game to hate on now. disregard the fact that it is in nearly every way superior to twilight princess (except maybe in aesthetic)

whooooaaaaa hold up there.

that game is no match for Twilight Princess

obviously this is a matter of opinion

but I am a little amazed that you find Skyward Sword "superior to Twilight Princess in nearly every way".

I think Skyward Sword is an amazing game. I have yet to play a Zelda game I do not like. Zelda is nearly flawless, I'll say right now. to hate that game or complain over the whole thing is crap. it's got its things in it that I don't like, but it's still a truly great game.

but dood, Skyward Sword being that much better than Twilight Princess from your point of view is extremely debatable.

Does anyone really care about opinions that don't match their own? Seems like internet tradition. :tomatoface:

Anyway, I thought I was gonna be downloading Wind Waker HD but it's already downloaded! I'm actually excited to play this for the first time ever, should be good. I've heard a lot of good things. When it came out it was a lot of bad, but I guess time changes all.

it just surprised me.

it's rare for someone to explain Skyward Sword as that much better than Twilight Princess. at least by the way he worded it.

I am extremely opinionated (this is very obvious), and lots of the time I seem to be a little weirded out when someone has an extremely different opinion, but hey, I try to respect 'em and let 'em go anyway

except I'm sorta enjoying just stating random crap on this thread right now.

Does anyone really care about opinions that don't match their own?

stupid opinions aren't stupid because they're different than what one believes, they're stupid because there's no point in sharing them

"skyward sword wasn't as good as twilight princess" can foster some discussion about the mechanical differences between the two games and ultimately what they were best at; it's interesting to consider these things and as such this is an opinion that I am okay with because it fosters communication and discussion

"I don't care about the new mario game" is a waste of everyone's time and anyone should be ashamed for being either selfish or stupid enough to think that anybody cares

^ Nice post up there. They really put a lot into the remake. I just picked the game up three hours ago and I just beat the boss of Dragon Roost Island . The controls for the grappling hook make that dungeon way less frustrating and I beat the boss so easily that I was dumbfounded when I found out it was already dead.

I also find it quite easier to climb up those pesky ladders coming from the ocean and also find it harder to fall off.

Also, I really like how the enemies drop specific items. I already have almost enough butterfly pendants to get the teacher's cabana.

My question is, does the shopowner actually give you anything for collecting all of those points this time around? You know what I'm talking about. Guess we'll find out. Maybe it includes the option to murder him?

Whether or not you like motion controls will determine whether or not a person liked Skyward Sword over Twilight Princess. I am one of the people who actually loves well-implemented motion controls, so I love Skyward Sword much more than Twilight Princess.

It's a tough call to make, since they both excel very well at what they do, but still falter slightly in a few respects. Now if they remade Twilight Princess to fully take advantage of Wii Motion+ AND put it in HD on the Wii U...

I had to fight the controls in Skyward Sword, so I don't like it as much - it also felt like a smaller game.

I loved Twilight Princess, with my main complaints being that its vastness in scope exposed areas that weren't as well developed and that the overworld could have been larger.

I have been playing an assortment of Wii U games I snagged, although I've remained focused mainly on Wind Waker and New Super Mario Bros. U out of a need to limit how many games I'm playing at once. I did also play some Game & Wario last night - I don't feel it is as good as the other Wario Ware games in my short time with it so far.

see, while the motion control thing was a great idea with Zelda, I have never liked motion controls

I like pressing buttons. so it was already a bit aggravating with Twilight Princess when I shook the Wii remote. I personally just wanted to press a button. The GameCube version is what Twilight Princess was obviously meant for, but it was still great on the Wii.

Twilight Princess, honestly, might be my favorite Zelda game, even over Ocarina of Time.

but that's the thing with Ocarina of Time. all I had to do was press buttons.

I liked that.

Hmm. Interesting words in this conversation and a few good points as well. I'm not sure how I feel about motion controls in Zelda games. Some of the fights in Skyward Sword were amazing but some parts did feel like a chore. Whereas when it's used in games like "Punch-Out" I really enjoy it and embrace the motion controls.

I think motion controls can be used for better or worse depending on the type of game. I have currently been playing Wind Waker HD, which I will claim is the best remake that I have ever played. The gamepad, which can be used to assign items and view the map, is put to excellent use. The only true motion controls in the game are used with the gamepad to aim the grappling hook, boomerang, hookshot, and bow. This works very well, and for me it's much easier to use these items with this method rather than an analog stick. The rest of the controls are however "normal" and the game does not have near as much emphasis on using kinetics to control the game as other recent Zelda games do.

I also loved the motion controls for Metroid Prime 3, and I really want to get my hands on the Prime Collection. Motion controls, when done right, can add to the experience, or break it. For me, Zelda already requires a hefty chunk of my brain, so I would prefer motion controls to be minimal at most. Wind Waker HD has done well with this.

Finally had a chance to really sit down and play one of these yesterday. my friend bought Rayman Legends so we played for a good five hours. I haven't had that much fun in a multiplayer game in ages, though I think we spent almost as much time fighting each other and charge-punching each other into pits as we did platforming. Also kung foot may be one of the greatest minigames ever created. I'm definitely getting one of these before christmas.

I found the motion controls in skyward sword to be hard at first, which is to be expected with little experience using them. But as I learned and got used to the controls it got easier and was like second nature and flowed pretty well, much more fun than pushing buttons in the long run for me. I had the GC version of twilight princes, and I hated it :| The controls were awkward, and the story for whatever reason just didn't hold my interest very well.

I wish there had been more games that managed to have useable motion controls like SS, most other games I think of either didn't really have much, or they did but they aggravated my elbow and wrist quite a lot.

It's cool to hear that wind waker HD has at least some motion controls. It'd have been neat if it went the same way as skyward sword, but I guess that would have been a lot of extra work. If I had spare money I'd have gone right out and gotten the special windwaker wii u, someone permanently "borrowed" my gc copy and I've always missed it, never did get to finish collecting all the figurines....

Well, I can assure you that the wii version of twilight princess also controls terribly. I really wish that game was better, it had potential, but it seems like nintendo messed up bad with it because of the wii launch.

Personally, I'm bummed that they removed the tingle tuner from wind waker HD, and the tingle statue collection side quest along with it. I'd rather have that then silly messages in a bottle from random people. They could have just made it so you connect a ds/3ds instead of a GBA.

I got prime trilogy when it first launched, and It is amazing. I wish i didnt sell my copy of MP2 to get it though, as its sometimes fun to use the gamecube controls. I don't see why they couldnt have had an option for that, especially seeing as the wii had gamecube controller ports.

Edited by Darkomega99

Well, I can assure you that the wii version of twilight princess also controls terribly. I really wish that game was better, it had potential, but it seems like nintendo messed up bad with it because of the wii launch.

Personally, I'm bummed that they removed the tingle tuner from wind waker HD, and the tingle statue collection side quest along with it. I'd rather have that then silly messages in a bottle from random people. They could have just made it so you connect a ds/3ds instead of a GBA.

I got prime trilogy when it first launched, and It is amazing. I wish i didnt sell my copy of MP2 to get it though, as its sometimes fun to use the gamecube controls. I don't see why they couldnt have had an option for that, especially seeing as the wii had gamecube controller ports.

The Wii, for its first year or so, was focused on proving it wasn't a gimmick, so if they added GC controller support it would have reflected poorly on Nintendo.

That said, the GC controller is my favorite controller ever so I wish they didn't do that.

The first time I played through Twilight Princess was when the Wii launched. I think because motion controls were new at the time, it was cool, but especially after playing Skyward Sword, the Wii TP controls are pretty much garbage. I can't stand doing the waggle for every combo attack. I do still like using the pointer for arrows/hookshot aiming though. They're both great games, but TP's world feels so empty to me. The world in SS was probably smaller, but it felt like there was a lot more to do in it.

I can't get over how great of a job they did for this Wind Waker HD release. Everything that was great in the original is made so much better in the HD version. I can't tell for sure, but it seems some of the music was re-mastered. Just sounds slightly different than the original to me. It seems they also increased the resolution on most character textures, and some environment textures as well.

Only thing is I can't figure out how to get the faster sail in the auction house. All he puts out for the auctions are Joy Pendants. Do I have to win an auction to get him to put the sail up for auction or is there a different trigger?

you're opinion is wrong.

:tomatoface:

the story for Twilight Princess is outstanding; I don't understand how the storyline was bad. I'm sorry, that just doesn't make sense. of course, this is the opinion of someone else, but that just really doesn't make sense to me.

additionally, the controls are pretty similar to Ocarina of Time. so that doesn't make much sense either. even with the Wii remote shaking, the general idea is the same as that of the controls of OoT.

I just still haven't gotten used to having to change the direction of my sword every time I want to hit someone in SS. I'm just a lazy buttface who doesn't want to think about that.

Edited by Garrett Williamson

you're opinion is wrong.

:tomatoface:

the story for Twilight Princess is outstanding; I don't understand how the storyline was bad. I'm sorry, that just doesn't make sense. of course, this is the opinion of someone else, but that just really doesn't make sense to me.

Ahh, no i didnt mean the story was bad, I actually like it myself. its just mainly the controls, the lighting, and the god awful sound quality.

Oh hell no.

You can use the Gyro in the controller to aim the bow and maybe other things in first person (like OoT 3DS), but you can toggle it off i think. I believe that is it as far as "Motion Controls" so no worries! The game is still just WW, no waggle fest.

Three Wii U Bundles announced for the folks in UK:

* 32GB Black Wii U Deluxe with Super Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U

* 32GB Black Wii U Deluxe with Lego City Undercover

* 8 GB White Wii U + Wii Remote + Wii Party U + Nintendo Land

* 8 GB White Wii U + Wii Remote + Just Dance 2014 + Nintendo Land

All bundles are £250. (Standard price of Wii U in UK right now)

Edited by Crowbar Man