Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

NES Remix is really cool. Think of it as a cross between WarioWare and Nintendo World Championships. Basically, there are timed challenges from a variety of games where you're placed into a level with a specific task. The faster you complete the task, the more stars you earn (up to 3 per challenge), and more stars unlock more challenges.

It looks pretty cool, I'm definitely putting it on my wish list. Is it a pretty good amount of content for the price?

It looks pretty cool, I'm definitely putting it on my wish list. Is it a pretty good amount of content for the price?

I've only scratched the surface, but it should keep you busy for a while, depending on how much time you spend trying to improve your times. If you get in to it, I'd assume at least 5 hours.

I actually thought that it was a trailer for Mario Kart 8 as well. I was surprised to see that Kirby would be in it, but not surprised that Rosalina would. I mean, she's already in Mario Kart 7.

Then it turned out to be a teaser for Smash Bros. Yeah, cool.. but I was let down by the whole "not really Kirby in Mario Kart" thing.

How did you not realize that was a trailer for Smash when it ended with the logo for Smash? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I mean I know it was Rainbow Road but still.

Anyways, finally got The Wonderful 101. And it's not false advertising: it's really quite wonderful! Zany over-the-top action with a heaping dose of hilarity, it's truly worth playing.

kirby is not in mario kart 8. that was in the smash bros. trailer. not the MK8 trailer.

its a crossover game of course they're going to do that jeez

But, oddly enough, if you go to the Nintendo e-shop, and you look up latest trailers, go to the Mario Kart 8 trailer, it shows the portion with Kirby and Rosalina on rainbow road. I mean, if anybody is being ambiguous, then it's Nintendo and their trailers. This is specifically on the MK8 trailer video, on their eshop thing. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but um...they're kinda putting it out there.

got myself this baby for Christmas, thanks to Santa. (WE ALL BELIEVE IN HIM, RIGHT)

problem is, couldn't play it at all because I got the Zelda edition and it requires I have eShop to download the free game, and guess what, eShop has been down all day according to Nintendo's Network status. nice move, Nintendo. instead of just bundling a physical copy (which I am ALWAYS more in favor of), you decide I've gotta do a digital download, and look at that, your servers are down, so I couldn't even play what I wanted to on my Wii U today.

I'm sure once the problem is resolved I'll have a blast, but for now, seriously: what idiots.

I've never been in favor of mixing online shopping and digital distribution and gaming. I'm a hardcore classic gamer and that stuff never has gone down well with me. My experience with it is always crap and it's so painful.

Remember the days when you bought a console and basically turned it on and put in a game and that was it?

Yeah that'd be nice.

got myself this baby for Christmas, thanks to Santa. (WE ALL BELIEVE IN HIM, RIGHT)

problem is, couldn't play it at all because I got the Zelda edition and it requires I have eShop to download the free game, and guess what, eShop has been down all day according to Nintendo's Network status. nice move, Nintendo. instead of just bundling a physical copy (which I am ALWAYS more in favor of), you decide I've gotta do a digital download, and look at that, your servers are down, so I couldn't even play what I wanted to on my Wii U today.

I'm sure once the problem is resolved I'll have a blast, but for now, seriously: what idiots.

I've never been in favor of mixing online shopping and digital distribution and gaming. I'm a hardcore classic gamer and that stuff never has gone down well with me. My experience with it is always crap and it's so painful.

Remember the days when you bought a console and basically turned it on and put in a game and that was it?

Yeah that'd be nice.

Yeah it kinda sucks, errybody who got a 3DS Zelda bundle is having the same problem. Some people get lucky, but sitting there trying over and over again isn't fun. (I've done that a bit today when trying to update my Pokemon X)

Not only did a lot of new people get a 3DS or Wii U today, but the Pokemon Bank thing also came out, so naturally the eShop is overloaded as heck. Here's hoping it clears up soon.

yeah every other issue has been resolved EXCEPT all Nintendo shops. Wii Shop is down. eShop is down. DS Shop is down. it's all down. they should've expected it because heck, just a few people might have POSSIBLY gotten a Nintendo console today. lol

"HOLY CRAP OUR CONSOLE IS ACTUALLY SUCCESSFUL NOW, CRUD"

also, all those shops have been down since the break of dawn, so they're taking a super long time on this. here's seriously hoping it's working within the next 12 hours. hahaha

Edited by Garrett Williamson

Yeah it kinda sucks, errybody who got a 3DS Zelda bundle is having the same problem. Some people get lucky, but sitting there trying over and over again isn't fun. (I've done that a bit today when trying to update my Pokemon X)

Not only did a lot of new people get a 3DS or Wii U today, but the Pokemon Bank thing also came out, so naturally the eShop is overloaded as heck. Here's hoping it clears up soon.

Pretty sure Bank is only out in Japan right now. We have to wait until Thursday to get it.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

Network Status still shows down :/

My suggestion? Buy Super Mario 3D World on a physical disc while you wait for eShop to come up. You can thank me later!

At least its better than not being able to play PHYSICAL DISCS until you updated your Wii U online like last holiday, and waiting for a giant update on slow servers, that was terrible.

As far as the digital rant and being able to pop your game in and play... really, last generation that died. Wii was the last one to have that kind of simplicity, and it was conversely extremely limited in functionality so :/ This generation will probably ween people off even physical discs, which at least we still have those for now.

Edited by Crowbar Man

looked into it. Nintendo's been apologizing for inconvenience. trying to fix it as best they can right now.

Pokemon Bank in Japan actually has a large contribution to the problem, so they actually shut it down right now in order to catch up.

and it's not just Nintendo Network. PSN and Xbox Live were down for a while too. not sure if they're up now or what.

but yeah eShop's still down. a few people got to the downloading process of Wind Waker but then the server went out and they lost the data and the server thought they already had entirely downloaded the game and wouldn't accept the code a second time.

glad I read that.