Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Quoting Mirby from another thread, but...

Possibly bringing back backwards compatibility with the Gamecube? Or just allowing Gamecube controller use with fighting games?

This is mostly for Smash, but its possible two things it could also be used for: BC (almost no possibility, as Nintendo has little financial gains from GC BC) or GameCube games on Virtual Console will support this as an option and/or more GC HD ports will support this as an option.

For right now its just for Smash. Good enough!

As a side note, I remember reading that on the Homebrew support in Wii U's regular Wii mode they had GC BC working just fine (using the Pro controllers and ISOs, not discs though I dont think), so I imagine that will support this in a future homebrew update if possible. Legal-ish if you know how to rip your own GC disks (might need a Wii)

Edited by Crowbar Man

If you haven't picked up Mario Kart 8 yet, Toys R Us has a deal going through tomorrow that will get you 40% off a second game. Throw in the free download (Wii U party for me, since the other options equal my library...), and you're looking at 3 games for under $100.

Yeah one of my local game shops had a similar deal (50% off though!) so I picked up Donkey Kong as well. Throw in Pikmin 3 and bam I just got 3 games for the price of 1.5, its a good day.

MK8 is indeed amazing. It's even better than 7 and it blows MK Wii out of the water. And holy crap the track design is awesome. I played Wario Mountain and I was like "Holy shit." I'm off work tomorrow and will probably spend the majority of the day playing this game.

Instead of picking up my own copy, last night I went to a friend's and we played all the modes. Grand Prix four-player is awesome, but Battle Mode was kind of disappointing. It's a neat idea, sure, but needs some tweaking, and some actual battle arenas would be really nice (maybe some dlc down the line for them). That said, putting items on Frantic makes battle mode much more exciting.

Morton and Ludwig are da bess.

Pikmin 3 has some fun multiplayer that's pretty easy to grasp.

Wonderful 101 is excellent but tough to get into. You really need to invest some time and effort to get the most out of it. That said, it also has some multiplayer.

Tank!Tank!Tank! is REALLY easy to get into but dead simple and shallow. That said, it's a free download so if you want to try it out it's there.

Donkey Kong Country returns has 2-player, easy to play but offers a good challenge.

you mean Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Thalzon.

anyways I'd also recommend New Super Luigi U. While New Super Mario Bros. U is fun and has a cool Challenge mode, if it's challenge you're looking for then NSLU is the place to go. Luckily if you want both (cause they have dat simultaneous multiplayer) they are bundled together now, and NSLU is on disc standalone despite being DLC so that's an option too.

The NES Remix games are also technically multiplayer, though that's more of the "pass the controller around" variety than simultaneous. They are good though, but 2 is superior to the first.

And I guess Wii Sports Club counts, and those have online too. If you're considering that, though, wait for the retail release on July 25th. Or download it digitally on June 26th, which is still cheaper than buying each part individually.

oh, and i echo Thalzon's recommendations of DKC: Tropical Freeze (which I'd hope I would considering my boss month sig) and also Wonderful 101.