Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

Because his hands and feet are glued to the adorable blob that is his body. :P

Had to do an image search to see if they've changed the baby Yoshi design since they first appeared.

109px-SMW_Blue_Baby_Yoshi.png

200px-BluebabyyoshiNSMBU.png

Nope. Not one bit.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'd be able to make a cart for a baby dinosaur with the equivalent arm-length-to-body-size ratio of a t-rex anyway :-P

Had to do an image search to see if they've changed the baby Yoshi design since they first appeared.

109px-SMW_Blue_Baby_Yoshi.png

200px-BluebabyyoshiNSMBU.png

Nope. Not one bit.

Yeah, I'm not sure how they'd be able to make a cart for a baby dinosaur with the equivalent arm-length-to-body-size ratio of a t-rex anyway :-P

also i'm pretty sure he's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high to be driving

Hahaha Baby Yoshi would be awesome. Imagine three of them stacked on top of each other trying to drive a car, it'd the cutest and most awesome member of the roster.

You just won the internet. Somebody email Nintendo, there's a DLC to create!

Hahaha Baby Yoshi would be awesome. Imagine three of them stacked on top of each other trying to drive a car, it'd the cutest and most awesome member of the roster.

that's probably the best concept nintendo could've ever come up with and they didn't even come up with it so they suck and you should just make all the mario games from now on

I don't understand how characters like Pink Gold Peach and Lakitu made it in, but there's no Diddy Kong or King Boo. Don't get me wrong, MK8 is awesome....I'm just wondering who is calling the shots on the roster.

Then again, maybe one can chalk it up to DLC. I would not be the least bit surprised that more baby characters, even baby Yoshi were announced soon. And more cars and tracks, starting with this one:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135581-Mario-Kart-8s-Mercedes-Benz-DLC-Coming-to-The-US

So I finally snagged one, the MK8 deal was too good to pass up. I grabbed Pikmin 3 as my free game.

So far, it's a decent system. Though, I still maintain that Nintendo is still generally poop when it comes to a good solid controller design. The Gamepad is aight, but aside from the inverted ABXY buttons (using the far right A button as the most primary button), my beef is that it just doesn't fit a natural hand layout.

In Pikmin, there's times where I'd have to alternate between hitting A and "-" and RZ to skip quickly through scenes and it just felt clunky.

Anyway, I've only really played 3 games on it, so time will tell how much I really enjoy it. But it's decent so far, I don't regret buying it.

So I finally snagged one, the MK8 deal was too good to pass up. I grabbed Pikmin 3 as my free game.

So far, it's a decent system. Though, I still maintain that Nintendo is still generally poop when it comes to a good solid controller design. The Gamepad is aight, but aside from the inverted ABXY buttons (using the far right A button as the most primary button), my beef is that it just doesn't fit a natural hand layout.

In Pikmin, there's times where I'd have to alternate between hitting A and "-" and RZ to skip quickly through scenes and it just felt clunky.

Anyway, I've only really played 3 games on it, so time will tell how much I really enjoy it. But it's decent so far, I don't regret buying it.

I have mixed feelings about the gamepad. It was comfortable enough for Wind Waker HD (and the quick inventory access is nice), but it's not great for Tropical Freeze or Mario Kart 8. The pro controller is really good, though.

I would use the pro controller for Mario Bros U, but for some reason the spin jump is restricted to L and R instead of L, R, ZL, and ZR like on the gamepad. It's like constantly resting your finger on the Z button on a Gamecube controller. No thanks.

Post your Nintendo ID so we can add you! I look forward to kicking your butt at Mario Kart, again.

I have mixed feelings about the gamepad. It was comfortable enough for Wind Waker HD (and the quick inventory access is nice), but it's not great for Tropical Freeze or Mario Kart 8. The pro controller is really good, though.

I would use the pro controller for Mario Bros U, but for some reason the spin jump is restricted to L and R instead of L, R, ZL, and ZR like on the gamepad. It's like constantly resting your finger on the Z button on a Gamecube controller. No thanks.

I sorta disagree about the Pro Controller as well. Similar to some of my beef with the Gamepad, I don't like that the buttons are below the thumbstick. They're trying to reinvent the wheel. Over a decade of training in using controllers the other way really make their decision to innovate something that people don't want/need innovated bother me a lot.

Instead, I snagged one of these guys. Less than half the price, and has the thumbstick where it should be. :P

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Commander-Wii-U-Nintendo/dp/B00ANHBJBY

Beth, my Nintendo ID should be obvious without me posting it ;)

And yeah, you'll probably destroy me at MK8. It does not skid as well as Double Dash, and so I'm still pretty bad at it haha

Edited by big giant circles

Nice Jimmy - I joined the WiiU club as well. Bought one for myself as a birthday present :<

The deals you can get this week are insane. Check this out. We picked up the Mario & Luigi bundle at Target for $275. Then, we grabbed Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World for about $45 each, also at Target, price matched to Amazon. Then, Target offers a free game of equal or lesser value when you get two WiiU games, so we got Nintendoland. Then, we got the free game with MK8 (WWHD). Lastly, all that gave enough coins to afford a free digital game through Club Nintendo, so we picked up the classic Mario Party 2. Oh, and we fill prescriptions through Target and had a 5% off card that applied to everything.

In total, that's about $346 for a brand-new console and SIX games. Not bad!!

Nice Jimmy - I joined the WiiU club as well. Bought one for myself as a birthday present :<

The deals you can get this week are insane. Check this out. We picked up the Mario & Luigi bundle at Target for $275. Then, we grabbed Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario 3D World for about $45 each, also at Target, price matched to Amazon. Then, Target offers a free game of equal or lesser value when you get two WiiU games, so we got Nintendoland. Then, we got the free game with MK8 (WWHD). Lastly, all that gave enough coins to afford a free digital game through Club Nintendo, so we picked up the classic Mario Party 2. Oh, and we fill prescriptions through Target and had a 5% off card that applied to everything.

In total, that's about $346 for a brand-new console and SIX games. Not bad!!

pro buying strats right there

Woah. That's a pretty insane deal you got there zircon! Not a real fan of MP2 but man, that's one awesome deal you got out of it with practically every game that matters right now!

I am pretty curious about The Wonderful 101, though. Anyone got any experience iwth it?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing a number of indie/download titles lately that I'd like to talk about a little.

Ittle Dew - This game was released on Steam last year sometime, and this is pretty much a straight port with the button graphics switched to match. At first glance, it looks like a basic Zelda clone, with dungeons, special items, and bosses. But as you get more into it, you see the real draw: it's a game that tracks your time, and so the goal becomes to finish the game as quickly as possible. Huge chunks of the game can be skipped and there are multiple routes all over the place. Plus the puzzles are devilish in design, with harder ones blocking significant shortcuts. If speed-running isn't your thing then the game is short, but sweet.

Guacamelee! STCE - This game released, again, last year on other consoles, but this is definitely the definitive version. It includes the costume DLC, adds more areas, scenes, and an extra boss! The game has you play a luchador trying to stop an undead Mariachi from escaping the land of the dead. You learn various wrestling moves and special abilities as you go, and there's even co-op. The main story is fairly easy but there are a number of side areas that will put your reflexes to the test, and there's enough changes that it's worth checking out if you already played it before.

Armillo - A clunky little game that proves to be charming and surprisingly robust. You play as a little space-faring Armadillo who returns home, only to see his planet being ravaged by an army of machines called Darkbots. What follows is an adventure through space to stop their leader, Roto. The game itself primarily takes place on spherical stages, where you platform around, hunt for keys, save little blue blobby things, and so on. There are also secret levels which are side-scrolling stages. The game has some lag issues, and the platforming can be seen as basic, but it's weird and charming all the same. Worth looking at if you want something a bit weird.

Stick it to the Man! - Very Psychonauts-esque adventure-puzzle game. Definitely weird, and definitely funny, but also lacking in more robust gameplay. Most puzzles are basically sticking objects in the right spot with your psychic brain-hand. Still, it's about 3-6 hours long, depending on how long it takes for you to figure out some of the game's more obtuse logic.