Nintendo Wii U

Cecilff2

I picked up a very cheap copy of DKC: Tropical Freeze recently. It's very, very good and quite difficult. I wish more people would've given it a chance. The musical contributions by David Wise just blew me away all throughout the game. The guy has not missed a beat since the 90's. Being a dude who watched the old VHS tape from Nintendo Power and 103-percented the original game, I got some truly awesome 90's-style vibes from the game. The graphics look okay on paper, but in motion they are truly insane and there are things just moving around everywhere in the foreground and background. I cannot recommend the game enough. Also it is wayyyyy harder than the old DKC games. Be prepared to have a beer or two on hand during the later worlds.

Yesterday, I downloaded the Bayonetta 2 demo and it's very cool. The combat is very fluid, and it doesn't hold your hand as far as combat with bosses. You have to decide when to evade, and evading is just as important as attacking. It's been very cool so far. The demo was just enough to make me want more.

But you can only 101% the original game...

IS THERE SOMETHING I'M NOT AWARE OF?!?

I'm a dumb-ass. Perhaps you were not aware of that but maybe you are now. 101% it is. Anyway, Tropical Freeze is a killer game. And this tune kills when you get back to your own island and it's all frozen over:

They should let David Wise score movies. He would do a killer job.

Oh, and my personal favorite that gave me goosebumps for a few seconds when I first heard it:

Okay, one more:

Edited by megadave

I need to go back to Tropical Freeze at some point... I beat it, but didn't find all the secret levels. I did unlock the first two island temples, though. The first was a challenge enough but the second is such a killer ball-buster I'm not sure if I even want to try again.

I'm a dumb-ass. Perhaps you were not aware of that but maybe you are now. 101% it is. Anyway, Tropical Freeze is a killer game. And this tune kills when you get back to your own island and it's all frozen over:

They should let David Wise score movies. He would do a killer job.

Oh, and my personal favorite that gave me goosebumps for a few seconds when I first heard it:

Okay, one more:

I was not aware of how awesome the music was, which is stupid, because David Wise always does an amazing job.

And I agree with the scoring bit. He totally should.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the recent Pikmin 3 demo and it was a success. I'd seen videos of Pikmin games before, but it's one of those things where only playing it yourself can really do it justice. So I bought it.

No letdown so far. Everything I've done has been either fun or really stressful. It's a good balance. Lots of different kinds of motivation at work. Also I'm a fan of the writing.

I need to go back to Tropical Freeze at some point... I beat it, but didn't find all the secret levels. I did unlock the first two island temples, though. The first was a challenge enough but the second is such a killer ball-buster I'm not sure if I even want to try again.

Bopopolis was brutal. Easily the most deaths in the game for me.

News for Hyrule Warriors.

Twili Midna confirmed! (that's the humanoid form) She uses the Mirror of Twilight as a weapon.

zlCfzSqbu-Mq6mFZNF

Twilight Princess pack releases on November 27.

So stoked they're using more of that amazing design. Midna-as-imp shows up everywhere and it just doesn't give true!Midna justice. Like...wow. From an aesthetic standpoint she's one of the most gorgeous and beautifully-designed characters in the series.

• 2 weeks later...
So after being a part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade yesterday, I managed to stop by Nintendo World in NYC. Turns out they had several Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Sets in stock, and now they have one less in stock. :-)

Once I get back to my dorm, I'll set it up

Dude you were in the parade?

What the heck were you doing in the parade?

Dude you were in the parade?

What the heck were you doing in the parade?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mountainstomacys

http://social.macys.com/parademobile/#/lineup/bands/8503

This :-)

edit: 3 hours and two and a half system updates later, I'm now registered 'n' stuff!

Username is the same as here on OCR (Anorax)

Edited by Anorax

Ok, so I've seen that people have been sharing their NNID's in all sorts of threads, and I was wondering— should there be one big master thread for Nintendo Network IDs, seeing as they are no longer system-specific (unlike Wii #s and DS Friend Codes)? Because until OCR adds NNIDs to profiles (like they have with XBox Live and PSN game tags), we're all going to have to post our usernames somewhere, so why not one big dedicated thread?

Ok, so I've seen that people have been sharing their NNID's in all sorts of threads, and I was wondering— should there be one big master thread for Nintendo Network IDs, seeing as they are no longer system-specific (unlike Wii #s and DS Friend Codes)? Because until OCR adds NNIDs to profiles (like they have with XBox Live and PSN game tags), we're all going to have to post our usernames somewhere, so why not one big dedicated thread?

I am for this. It's a good idea. It might be difficult to do though. You or some other smart person should put this into action.

The list in the first post should be accurate. I've been adding to it as people post their NNIDs in this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/ - Today and tomorrow are your last day to take advantage of this!

If you've been buying anything on the eShop on your 32gb Wii U in the last few months at all, go here and log in with your Club Nintendo account to see how many points you earned. The promotion ends at midnight on New Years, and you get reward cards in 500 point sets, so if you're, say, 30 points away from another $5 in eShop credit, you should buy some random cheap game on there right now to make sure you get dat money.

Despite only having had my Wii U for a month now, I had $15 in credit sitting there that I just redeemed. I'm pretty pleased.