The Original is always better

ShadowBlade

I just recently came across Threshold's cover of Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole". My favorite muse song. Everyone in teh comments was liek "zomg the original pwns this".

People say that about EVERY cover. Since this is a remix site, I'm sure the haters are like "the originals are always better".

Discuss, what covers do you think topped their source tunes?

For me, it was Hardline's cover of Streetheart's "Hot Cherie".

In over 100% of cases the remixes are better than the source, depending on the game. A lot of old game music sounds like pOOp and fixing it up with modern sounds is great. There's some covers by real bands that are better than the original song. I'm struggling to think of an example... Epic Mullet Guy's "parody" of Friday was better than the original.

Graveworm covered R.E.M.'s Losing my religion

They also did I Need a Hero by Bonnie Tyler -

Children of Bodom covered Britney Spears

Pain of Salvation's cover of Yellow Raven by Scorpions

I googled and found 12 CDs worth of metal bands covering songs <_< Dream Theater covering Elton John? Sign me up

In over 100% of cases the remixes are better than the source, depending on the game. A lot of old game music sounds like pOOp and fixing it up with modern sounds is great. There's some covers by real bands that are better than the original song. I'm struggling to think of an example... Epic Mullet Guy's "parody" of Friday was better than the original.

Graveworm covered R.E.M.'s Losing my religion

They also did I Need a Hero by Bonnie Tyler -

Children of Bodom covered Britney Spears

Pain of Salvation's cover of Yellow Raven by Scorpions

I googled and found 12 CDs worth of metal bands covering songs <_< Dream Theater covering Elton John? Sign me up

Everything sounds awesome as a metal song..........everything!

EDIT: I disagree old game music sound like "p00p". They were great songs, just the tone wasn't amazing XD I think that's what you meant though.

Everything sounds awesome as a metal song..........everything!

EDIT: I disagree old game music sound like "p00p". They were great songs, just the tone wasn't amazing XD I think that's what you meant though.

It's true. Anyone remember t.A.t.u? Lesbian dudes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crVO1J-5VqE

Also IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Take on meeeeee

She's a maniac, maaaaniac on the floor

and she metuls like she never metul'd before
Yeah that's what I meant. If people could understand what I meant like you do, I'd have no enemies. Great job sir <3

Simple, a touch haunting, and leaves a greater impression than the original.

I was wondering if someone was going to say that. It's the most dead-pan obvious imho.

Anyway, this one too:

http://www.thesixtyone.com/TheGrammarClub#/s/cRbS73A39hb/

Can't find it anywhere on YouTube though because apparently Shael hates exposure.