OCR02369 - *YES* Pokémon Ruby Version 'This Treasure'

DragonAvenger

Remixer Name: TheGuitahHeroe

ID: 31907

Game: Pokemon Ruby Version

Name of Song Arranged: "Abandoned Ship" (source:

)

Name of Remix: "This Treasure"

After not having remixed for a while, I got sudden inspiration for an Abandoned Ship remix. This remix took me a total of 26 hours and 3 minutes before the first render of the whole track; and after many revisions, the total time spent on this (spent, not elapsed, lol I wish) came out to 29 hours and 43 minutes (that's almost as good as zircon, right?).

That being said, please enjoy the fruits of my labor :DDD

Hope you guys enjoy.

Thanks a ton to all who inspired me to remix this track, especially halc, Rozovian, Willrock, zircon, as well djpretzel and OCRemix itself, all of whom I would never have gotten to the point I am today, musically, without. :D

--------------------

The Halc influence is very obvious here. Very similar to his style and soundfonts. I think you've approached this very well, and I like the arrangement you have here. It starts out pretty straight forward, but moves away as you go, while still keeping the connection to the source pretty well. I'd say the percussion wasn't really doing it for me overall, I'd have liked it to be a sequenced a little more interesting, when it's present. Compression is running a little high as well, you could back off that a bit.

I'm good with giving this a

YES

Yeah, I was more than cool with this when it was on the workshop. Great source tune and arrangement, killer lead synth writing, and crisp sounds and production. It's a little light on the low end, and the percussion was a bit sparse too, but these are minor issues with an otherwise excellent mix.

YES

• 1 month later...

This kick... might actually work better for prog. Just sayin'.

Very smooth production. Everythings under control, even when it's glitching up in cool ways. Nice chords to work with. Lots of fun little layers to catch if you care to listen out for them enough.

Also zircon made dirt devil in like 5 hours or something stupid like that for a competition. Try again.

YES