OCR00445 - Zanac "Space Dance"

Ginnsu

Zanac 'Space Dance'

Right from the lift off this is a quick, high energy mix right until the final beat. It’s got awesome electronic sounds and a good tune. I do kind of wish that it was a little higher quality and maybe more to it but its good all the same. Nice mix, Insomnic.

• 1 month later...

I have never played Zanac and havn't heard the original music before and this is soooo great! Insomnic are one of the best remixers on this site.

At 1"42 there is something...that almost made me cry. It so good.

Nothing more to say. A 10.

• 3 weeks later...
At 1"42 there is something...that almost made me cry. It so good.

in 100% agreement. what’s interesting is that recently a Sylver Remix was released for Eva Luna's Tell Me Lies, and the lead for it has a very similar structure to the aforementioned part. it’s cool hearing it used in both the Belgian House and mid-90s Eurodance genres

or some reason it took me some listens 'fore i could really get into the flow of this.

Just by pure nature of the song and this arrangement style, I don't see how you could still not have an opinion after listening to it once. The first 5 seconds were enough to tell me that it was high flyin fast action laser eye goodness.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Very straight ahead in a good way. It has everything it needs to remain interesting, including the undulating arpeggios, frequent chord changes, and a catchy melody. I'd have preferred a more interesting drum part, but it keeps the song moving without too much difficulty, and there are several sections and variations to keep things interesting throughout.

The synth quality is a little too lofi for my preference, but it does provide a bit of charm, and is endearing rather than annoying.

Old school sounding but good.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't really like how there isn't much of an intro or ending and how it just thrusts the listener into the mix or cuts off.

Still, it's got a nice beat and energy.

Unfortunately, there isn't really anything else too noteworthy to mention.

Ultimately, it's just an o.k. mix.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

WHOA GOD MY GUMMI SHIP TOOK A LOT OF SPEED AND IS RACING ALL THROUGH THE CANDY NEBULA!!! WHOAAAAA.

Yeah, talk about a HAPPY and UPBEAT electronica song, I don't think you can get much more chipper than this. I really could care less if it sounds a tad generic. This thing is mixed pretty damn well and it had me bouncing in the bed in an utterly superhappy personal rave (read that as you will). Lead synth gets a little old by the end and, if it were made today, production could have been a few levels up, but it still holds up alright now.

brb, playing candyland on ecstasy in a room full of blacklights and strobes.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00445 - Zanac "Space Dance"