I have an idea...

Nonamer

Contest sounds cool.. why don't ya go ahead and organize-ify it?

I will, but first I need some info. What is the average size or dimensions of a wallpaper? Also, would the Site Admins be willing to host the winning image(s) for download?

Most wallpaper choices are in 16:10 resolutions which drives me absolutely crazy because all my monitors except this Macbook are in 16:9. So if it were up to me, I'd have everyone make a 1920x1200 version and a 1920x1080 version. I never understood making a series of smaller reolutions either because if you pick the largest resolution possible and your monitor doesn't support it, it will just scale it down perfectly. In fact, it may even look better and sharper scaled down.

Don't most of the albums have large art or wallpapers with them? If making some, it may be prudent to also make a package of the older arts too.

As a side note, maybe something like chrome/firefox skins showing OC ReMix and the released albums. This might also help showcase OC ReMix since it would be on the skins sites for both browsers.

Ah, so you could probably run games in 4:3 at a higher resolution than 16:9/16:10 eh? Unless what DusK said is the case, I think I'd personally prefer to run widescreen and sacrifice resolution to see more... unless his card can't handle widescreen at all, in which case you really should just get a $50 card because that's all you need to get the job done.

Sorry for off-topicness, OP ><

Well, we discussed some formats, recognizing that there is surprisingly a demand for 4:3 wallpapers. As contest organizer, what do you think?

I think we could support both 4:3 and 16:9, whichever is better for the user. Also, I think it would be best if there were multiple winners.

All I am waiting for is webadmin feedback.