Zone of the Enders 2 - Space Control Remix

Feyhd

Well, after years of listening to other people's remixes I've finally gotten around to doing one of my own. I've been working on it off and on for the last month or so. However, at this point I could use some other ideas on how to develop it further. So I'd greatly appreciate it any of you would give it a listen and provide some feedback.

Bahram Battleship (Space Control Remix) -Androsynth Edit-.mp3

Source Tune:

Bahram Battleship (Space Control Remix) -Androsynth Edit- v3.mp3

Changed up the snare and cymbals to lessen the monotony a bit. Though now all of a sudden the snare is bothering me in general. But it might be a case of having listened to it too much.

Experimented with a saxophone lead, but faking one seemed to hurt the track more than help it so I left it out.

Any helpful comments are appreciated.

Yoyo! XD

Y'know, I think you could definitely expand things a lot more from the source. The way it is now is too repetitive, and gets boring after some time. The track has no climax, is too conservative, and those elements you introduce (like choirs, cymbals etc) don't convince me. In short, the track lacks interpretation from the original.

Spice it up! Give it some variations, new melodies, some nice loops and stuff, but at the same time keep your focus on the source.

There's issues with the production as well, but I guess you could work on the things I've pointed out before we get to that. ;)

Ahh, yeah I had a feeling it was still a bit too bland. I think I need to invest in a better way to produce new melodies so I can experiment with/implement new ones more easily. But I've got some good ideas on where/how to begin at least.

In the meantime I might as well also expand my libraries.

Thanks for the input!